Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Just ordered Vivo X800s from the Rillpac store recommended on Head-Fi and I'm really excited to replace my Shure IEMs that are falling apart!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Sininu posted:

I wanted to get wireless IEM's for my phone and was looking at Jaybird X3's. All the professional reviews indicated they had great sound and everything else was pretty good for the price as well.
Then at Amazon I saw they had a discount at the moment making the very affordable and was about to buy them when I noticed that user reviews were really poor. Lots of complaints about reliability of the battery and the water resistant coating peeling off really fast. Ugh.

Are there any other under 120 euro wireless IEM's like those that do not have as widespread reliability issues? Or have those issues about X3 been resolved in hardware revision?

I've been using the Jaybird X3 with my iPhone for almost a year at work most days and occasionally while working out and I've had zero issues with the battery or water resistance coating. They still last a solid 6-8 hours during work and charge very quickly. They're very solid Bluetooth IEMs for the price and I have no complaints. The highs can be a little harsh at times, but nothing that bad. They're especially good when used with Comply foam eartips.

The one and only issue is the Bluetooth pairing can be finicky and annoying sometimes, but I've had no problems with them once they're paired. No audio dropouts or interference. Unfortunately, it seems quite a few Bluetooth headphones have pairing issues...

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Hamelekim posted:

IEMs with memory foam tips are the solution you are looking for.

Yup, I barely hear my very loud co-workers and workspace with my Jaybird X3 with Comply foam tips. Comply makes magical memory foam eartips and I highly recommend them with a solid pair of IEMs.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
The HyperX Cloud Alpha are seriously great for $75 from Costco. You can't beat them at that price. The sound detail for games feels very open and detailed and the mic is decent and removable for when you don't need it.

The next upgrade from that are the Sennheiser Game One with stronger audio quality for games, but they're more like $120 and don't have any noise isolation whatsoever since they're open back, though that may not matter you.