Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

I've seen a lot of advice about buying headphones, so I'll ask for one too. I think that I'm a bit stuck.

My budget is around $400, ideally less than $500. I currently own Arctis Pro Wireless and Massdrop x Sennheiser PC37X. I'm using PC37X for work and Arctis for gaming and watching TV. I love Arctis but hate that I need to move the wireless DAC for Arctis between my TV / PC, whenever I will be using one or the other. Just bluetooth without the DAC feels a bit meh sound-wise. PC37X is great too, but I hate that the cable as it constantly gets messed with my chair when I'm working.

I'm planning to buy a headset which I can use to:
- listen to music when working / gaming (long times starting at screen basically). I'm not doing any competitive gaming too.
- watching movies (can't have proper speaker setup with my kid sleeping).

I'm looking for a:
- Wireless headset
- With the sound quality at least not worse than Arctis Pro.
- No need for microphone but I don't mind having one as long as it's not obnoxious.

I spent enough time effort narrowing to either:
- Audeze Mobius
- Drop THX Panda
- Another Arctis Pro?

as they seem to tick most of the boxes, but there's some weird complaints floating around the sound of Panda and Mobius seems to have only 10h battery. I'm leaning to Mobius though, but wondering if I can do better maybe?

kaaj fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU