Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Hi thread, I need headphones for listening to music at home. Turns out that 75% of the time I have headphones plugged into my amp, and I don't have headphones for this purpose, I only use the ones that I bought for outside use.

Budget - 200€, can be a bit more if necessary
Source - Stereo amp, or PC via Focusrite Scarlett interface
Isolation Requirements - None
Preferred Type of Headphone - Over-ear
Preferred Tonal Balance - Um, I don't know? Shouldn't they be as neutral as possible? Is that a dumb idea?
Past Headphones - I have Sennheiser HD449s, I kind of like them but I think they're a bit weak in the mids and have a tendency to be slightly muffled. And they're obviously closed and designed for listening on the go, which is not what I'm looking for.
Preferred Music - Mostly Classical, some Jazz, some Hip Hop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU