Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Looking for a wireless headset, preferably for gaming, but which are incredibly comfortable but also look nice (for a friend who streams). Is there a gold standard for wireless gaming headsets?

Mic is not necessary, because we have a quality standalone.

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jan 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Can anyone talk to sound isolation ability regarding custom fit versus tri flange? I have deduced that these two are the best in terms of sound isolation but cannot figure out which ones are actually best.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Ultimate Mango posted:

I am pretty sure Wizard (Dr. John Moulton) has posted charts on head fi from his audiologist books that acrylic customs actually have less isolation than certain types of tips, specifically I think tri flange and foam. Not sure if silicone customs have more isolation than acrylic.

Not everyone likes tri flange though.

What is the main reason to not like it?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Are there any good recommendations for wireless over-the-ear headphones. I don't want gamer headsets cause I don't need a microphone. I was decent quality but I was hoping to find something for <$100.

Are there any immediate recommendations or go-to's? It cannot be bluetooth btw.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Knifegrab posted:

Are there any good recommendations for wireless over-the-ear headphones. Sound isolation is the most important factor to me.

Are there any immediate recommendations or go-to's? It cannot be bluetooth btw.

Quoting myself because I never got a response.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Texibus posted:

Knifegrab, I assume you came to this thread for the same reason as myself looking for Bluetooth Headset for VR.

I was told Plantronic Blackbeats would suit my needs. I haven't got my HMD yet but the headphones are comfortable and sound great. My only issue was range, can only get about 11 feet away from my phone before reception issues.

However, I think the Vive has a bluetooth receiver in it so that may eliminate the range problem (you'd know better than I would on this)

Anyway Plantronics Black beats was the recommendation I got.

You don't want bluetooth for VR, wayyyyy too much latency.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Howdy ya'll. I was wondering if anyone had an experience with bedphones or similar headphones designed to be worn in bed, specifically for a side sleeper (My ear is always down pressed against my pillow).

I know quality probably isn't the best, but that is a tradeoff I am willing to take, as long as it is comfortable.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I'm looking for a decent pair of closed over-the-ear headphones for an office enviornment. I am a programmer and its totally cool if I use over the ears. I need something that is just powered by a standard headphone jack (macbook) no amp/dac nonsense really. I was wondering if there was a bog standard price/performance recommendation for something that can help me drown out my surrounding noisy enviornment while delivering some decent quality. I use in ears right now and they work well but over-the-ears act as a really good "don't talk to me" deterrent.

I'm not super opposed to bluetooth too but in the past I've had bad bluetooth experiences (garbage quality, no range etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

mariooncrack posted:

What's your budget? There's a lot of people with Audio Technica M40x or M50x in my office. They're good at drowning out sound. I would also recommend Beyerdynamic DT770s 32 ohm. I have the DT770s at work and they're good for drowning out everything around me.

My budget is no more than 200 bucks. And I know it's not as good as IEMs but I just prefer over way l ear cans. I'll check out these suggestions thanks. Those noise cancelling headphones mentioned above sounds like Overkill and I also hate ANC