Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
The Bose QC15 are pretty drat good, they're pretty tinny with the noise cancelling on, but not nearly as top heavy as the Ultrasone pro 900s are bottom heavy and I love those. I'd say those are the exception to the rule for Bose, all the other QC sound like poo poo compared to a decent Senn/Shure IEM and don't have nearly as much isolation/cancellation. Also there needs to be a customs section in the OP, they really are their own category once you move up to something like JH or UE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

You don't want balanced headphones, I thought the same thing and intentionally lost my Beyer T70. They make music sound so boring.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Welp, sorry for opening that can of worms. I was just trying to help out The March Hare who sounded a bit inexperienced. My first decently expensive headphone purchase was those T70s, and they sound so clinical and boring and I was trying to steer him away from that experience. Also redeyes nice job calling me out for exactly the opposite of what I meant.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

60 ohms isn't that much, you'll have no problems driving them with an ipod. It's the 250ohm+ stuff that really requires a headphone amp.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

kuffs posted:

So, I have a bit of a special request. I would like to find an IEM, a *single* IEM that is profoundly good at blocking outside noise. My right ear canal is non-functioning and it seems silly to buy two monitors when I'm only gonna be using one. Given that there seems to be quite a few semi-custom IEM shops out there, surely one can accomodate me on this front?

Call Westone, they dabble a bit in hearing aids, military-grade headsets, and custom IEMs so I'd bet they can figure something out.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Any of yall in the market for a Fiio E7 or E17? I like them both but I should get rid of one.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this question, but will this cable actually make a difference for my ES3X or is it bullshit?

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

To be fair the stock cable is incredibly flimsy, and everything JHA I've tried in the past has been superb so I wouldn't think they'd be selling snake oil.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

I didn't mean the cable it came with is crap so I'm going to spend $200 on a new one, I meant the cable it came with is crap, I'm going to buy something reasonable, I saw this $200 cable, how much horseshit is it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

I don't know what Spotify did in their last update, but the highs on my Pro 900s now feel like someone's shoving glass into my ears. What's the best EQ settings to unfuck this without totally losing sound quality?

edit
To clarify, I tried just bumping down 14k and 16k a step but the Pro 900s are all bass Bass BASS BASS if you knock treble back at all

edit again
Nope, it's Spotify's fault entirely. I tested in a sandboxed VM and the new version is objectively louder so they're doing some preamp bullshit. Sounds great at 95% or so.

Pudgygiant fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Sep 23, 2014