Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KillHour posted:

"Burn in" isn't a real thing when you're talking about speakers/headphones. If your headphones sound different after using them, you broke something.

I literally compared side-by-side my three years old AD900 with my friend's one-day old AD900 and they sounded very different, it was very noticeable by both of us. I have no idea what happens within the headphones but I was glad my impressions on the AD900 changing weren't placebo.

When he's back from vacations we're gonna do it again, now that it's been some months since he bought it. He confirmed he felt changes in the sound in the first week of use, I want to see how they compare now.

I don't remember this happening with other headphones (except for the D5000). I'm pretty sure I didn't notice anything in the HD 280, but I can guarantee you that burn-in exists and happens in the AD900. I don't know if it's the driver, the pads or supernatural intervention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Did anybody notice the following SA reference on Schiit's Gungnir FAQ? They're obviously goons:

http://schiit.com/products/gungnir

I'm pretty sure they posted in the previous thread back when they were founding Schiit.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Today I dreamed I had a HD800. I haven't bought a headphone in a long, long while. It's the sign.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any recommendations for a good headset that doesn't leak any and every sound the person is making? Something that will not murder your ears if a fan is turned on or if the person is eating, for example.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So after owning a HE400 for over a year I kinda reached the conclusion I prefer the AD900s. I enjoy the HE-400 and I could live happily with it, but it's just not as good for me.

The AD900s are still my favorite headphones. I even had more expensive headphones like the Denon D5000, the HE400 themselves and I've heard on Sennheiser HD 600 and 650 (though I didn't own them). I'm not looking for a replacement any time soon but I suppose the only place I can go from here is the AD2000?

Elentor fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jan 10, 2014

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Midorka posted:

I had the Ad700, Ad900 and Ad2000. No x. The Ad700 only beat the Ad900 in a wider soundstage. The Ad900 improved in every single other way. The Ad900 to Ad2000 was less of a direct upgrade and more of a side grade. Ad900 is more neutral with the beautiful airy soundstage the Ad700 has and is slightly more comfy than the Ad2000. The Ad2000 is more compressed and slightly bassier than the Ad900. Then again the Ad2000 is much more lively than the Ad900 with a better build, and an overall cleaner sound.

So basically this:

Ad700 = Wide soundstage, great highs, good mid-bass, lacking in sub-bass hugely and recessed mids.

Ad900 = Wide soundstage, more balanced than Ad700, better mids and better sub-bass. More balanced overall and better build quality.

Ad2000 = Smaller soundstage than Ad900, but better imaging. Punchier/livelier bass, livelier mids, better controlled highs, less airy quality. One of the most energetic headphones in existence.

The Ad700 are quickly replaced by the Ad900, but the Ad900 leave a lot to be desired in the Ad2000 overall. The Ad2000 are a more punchy Ad900 with less "air". If I could afford it I'd have an Ad900 and Ad2000. Both are unique and must hear headphones.

My last thoughts: The Ad line is so incredibly unique that I feel everyone must hear the Ad700, Ad900, and Ad2000. I will be rebuying them when I can afford it.

Since the AD2000 is more of a sidegrade, is there any headphone that is a straight-up upgrade to the AD900?

The AD900's sound is just... so clean. It's one of the few headphones that let me understand what people are saying in movies/TV shows without subtitles (English is not my native language);

How's the sound signature of the Sennheiser 700 and 800? Not that I can buy them anytime in the foreseeable future, just curious.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mush Man posted:

These sound descriptions are incredibly confusing. I tried looking up the Audio Technica M50 and there it says it has clean sound and even equalisation, but in the buying guide it says they're bassy, V-shaped and have recessed mids. Why are they different and does it even matter?

Looking over the recommendations, the terms "neutral", "excellent", "accurate", "good", "smooth", "detailed", "great", "balanced", "well defined" and "decent" all seem to blend together to say 'it will sound nice', even though some of those have actual definitions in the glossaries. If I'm just some shmuck that wants to get some quality all-around sounding headphones, what words should I be looking for? Or are all the choices fine and the details don't really affect much?

Most of the descriptions are white noise, but after a while you get really good at filtering them. If you're not looking straight into the frequency graph of the headphone you need a truckload of reviews in order to have any meaningful data to filter, though.

V-shaped and recessed mids mean the same thing, it means the mids have lower volume/impact than the lows and the highs, which means vocal sounds lower than usual (more "recessed"). Of course without seeing the actual tested headphone curve that means jack poo poo because the guy might be used to a headphone with boosted mids or the guy might be bullshitting you or what not.

You need some weapons-grade synesthesia to get through the terms:

code:
Emphasis on:
Bass ---------- Mid ---------- Treble
Dark ------------------------- Bright
Warm ------------------------- Cold
Bassy - Muddy - Forward ------ Harsh

No Emphasis:
Neutral, Balanced, Flat (Because of the flat response curve)

Recessed on:
Bass ---------- Mid ---------- Treble
Anemic ---- Airy - Veiled ---- Smooth

Decay Time (sometimes used interchangeably with the frequency emphasis)
Slow -------------- Avg -------------- Fast
Slow/Muddy/Anemic - Smooth - Natural - Detailed/Well-Defined
A "muddy" headphone is something between bassy and balanced with a lot of emphasis on the 250hz, the frequency everyone hates. Bad headphones tend to over-emphasize these frequencies to pretend to be bassy and the result is you not being able to hear the vocals clearly.

They use a lot of the texture analogy which drives everyone crazy. Mud has a low-frequency noise texture and is kinda amorphous, for example.

"Good soundstage" usually refers to feeling like the sound is coming from the outside. They'll usually call it "airy" (because the longer you are from the sound source the more the waves are influenced by, uh, the air) and that usually means recessed lower mids. The opposite of Airy is Forward. So you'll rarely see a "forward" headphone being said to have "good soundstage".

That's the most sense I could make from the terms, someone feel free to correct me.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 28, 2014

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sold my HE-400 and got a AD900x + change.

Trip report on the AD900x: It's very much like the AD900 but with a bit more bass. The pads are different. The AD900X is very comfortable, maybe even more so than the AD900.

Overall it's more of the same, which in this case it's a really good thing.

Edit: Also holy crap distorted guitars sound brutal on this thing.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Oct 7, 2014

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Midorka posted:

Even in 2014 you're not going to find many earbuds other than Yuin.

I'm not sure if brutal means good or bad in this case.

They sound good to me, though I can see some people disliking how harsh they can sound sometimes.

Velocibacon got it right.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kalenden posted:

The 770s don't ship to my location (Belgium, ordering from UK). The 235's do however.

Unless others can suggest better headphones for my intended use case, I'll go with the 235s I think.
Its not that I necessarily want to spend more money than necessary, but I'm concerned (by the low price), that I'd be downgrading from my current Philips headphones (which where like 80 euros? or somesuch).
I'd rather have a more expensive, better headphone than a cheaper, worse one. Again, taking in mind that they have to be bag-portable and mostly intended for gaming.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion but I'm still open for others. If nothing else springs up, I'll be certain to go with the 235s.

Also, after some research, I've found these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bose-SoundT...True+Headphones
Whats the opinion on that headphone? It doesn't appear in the list of the OP.

As far as I'm aware Bose headphones are claimed to be universally bad. This may have changed (some of the worst brands have some pretty good headphones as exceptions) but I don't know.

What I know is that for the most part you can't go wrong buying the "famous" headphones everyone recommends. They're all mostly good. One thing to keep in mind is the comfort of the headphone. It is super important and while some people mention it from time to time, it is often underrated by people who haven't had the displeasure of wearing some of the really, really bad headphones.

For example, I found the HE-400 to have a great sound even if it's not my favorite signature, but the comfort is really lacking (not nearly as a bad as, say, a HD 280 Pro, but still not good). The worst part are the cables, though. It has a really bad cable system that is both expensive, prone to failure and keeps unplugging all the time. So even though I enjoyed it, I ended up selling it.

Of course your mileage may vary which is why you should read as many reviews as possible on a headphone if you don't have the physical access to try it.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Midorka posted:

I think for $200 there are a few open headphones I'd consider. The ad900x, hd598 and the dt880, though the dt880 and hd598 I think are disserved without an amp. I personally love audio technica, certainly a fanboy of the ad line so they're my favorite recommendation, but you can't go wrong with any listed.

I'm a fanboy of the AD line too and I can second they're fantastic.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tactical Lesbian posted:

Right now I'm really considering the Hifiman HE-400, too. What are your thoughts on those vs the HD600/650?

They sound good, but like the above poster said, a bit veiled. The HD600/650s themselves are somewhat veiled, but the HE-400 is a bit more.

With that said, they're definitely not bad, and some specific stuff sound absolutely amazing in it. The first time I heard Random Access Memories in it I was actually very impressed.

The cables, however, are terrible. I've seen multiple people complaining about it and I can attest that it's a nightmare. The default cable got defective very quickly, and the replacement got defective in like a month too. I fixed it myself and a few weeks later it failed at a different point. The cables, even third-party, disconnect all the time because of the unusual connector format. It's awful and very uncomfortable.

For reference I only had a cable fail on me once 8 years ago or so. I always take great care of my headphones and they last for years. I have never seen something so poorly-made as the HE-400 cables.

So yeah, I can't recommend them. The HD600/650 are great and safe picks.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah 320kbps should be more than enough.

Premature ejacula- posted:

If I were a billionaire I'd buy them all, but remove the drivers and replace them with Beats drivers and sell them to audiophiles for a handsome profit

That would be amazing.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Nov 6, 2015

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whenever you think of surround sound, remember that you only have two ears. No matter how many drivers are there, your brain will have to do the job with two sensorial inputs.

I can vouch for Constellation I's recommendation on the sennheiser and AD900X. The sennheisers 650 in particular that I've tested with dolby can make you feel like you're actually listening to speakers, it was eerie.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's now been 3 years since I got my ATH-AD900X and these things are still awesome, functional and not broken unlike the original version which was designed to crack.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man I'm almost always exchanging my cans with my friends, trying new things, and no matter how much time goes by and how many sets I test the Koss PortaPro never stops being just downright enjoyable to listen. A bit of a random praise but it never ceases to amaze me just how much I enjoy it.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MC Hawking posted:

Are Koss Porta Pros actually decent headphones for the price range? I've been looking for something more portable than audio technica ath a-700's and the reviews I've managed to dig up are generally pretty good.

I mean something relatively unchanged since the 80s can't be all that bad, right?

Edit: I feel I must mention that earbuds are right the heck out. Can't stand 'em.

I got spoiled by good headphones, over the years I've owned/traded the Hifiman HE-400, Denon AD5000, Sennheiser HD 280, Sennheiser HD 650, ATH AD900 and AD900X, and my SO got me hooked to more in-ear plugs than I can count.

I can never really get tired of the Porta Pros. They sound so good. Whenever I sell my pair of cans and am in-between headphones I unpack my Porta Pros and it's never too jarring. I've listened to other budget headphones but none really scratch the way the Porta Pro does for me.

Elentor posted:

Man I'm almost always exchanging my cans with my friends, trying new things, and no matter how much time goes by and how many sets I test the Koss PortaPro never stops being just downright enjoyable to listen. A bit of a random praise but it never ceases to amaze me just how much I enjoy it.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 10:56 on May 18, 2018

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can I get a nice recommendation for a passive noise cancelling headphones that's comfortable (for reference the HD 280 is basically a huge no for me), not wireless, has decent mids and costs under 100 dollars?

I'm not a basshead. I just need something that is comfortable for very extended periods and has clear mids/vocals, and can attenuate the incredible amount of noise that my neighborhood produces. I checked the m30x and m50x but some people report they either have too much pressure or are very v-shaped and poor vocals.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elentor posted:

Can I get a nice recommendation for a passive noise cancelling headphones that's comfortable (for reference the HD 280 is basically a huge no for me), not wireless, has decent mids and costs under 100 dollars?

I'm not a basshead. I just need something that is comfortable for very extended periods and has clear mids/vocals, and can attenuate the incredible amount of noise that my neighborhood produces. I checked the m30x and m50x but some people report they either have too much pressure or are very v-shaped and poor vocals.

I ended up buying a used beyerdynamics dt-770 for 1/3 the retail price here, which ends up at around the same price as a m40x.

Seller says he bought in germany and only used once which I really don't believe. Hopefully it's in decent condition.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trip report on the DT-770: It's good.

My current scale of all the headphones I heard:

ATH AD900X >= ATH AD900 >> Beter DT-770 >= Denon AH-D5000 >= Sennheiser HD 650 > Hifiman HE-400 > HD 280 Amped > Koss PortaPro >> HD 280 Unamped >= Koss KSC75 > Sennheiser P2

There are a few in-ears from Sony that my SO owned and I tested that are very good but I don't know their names by heart.

The Hifiman HE-400 takes first place for a few select songs where the production seems to perfectly match its electrostatic peculiarities. In particular I think the biggest "oomph" that any headphone any produced for me was listening Get Lucky with the HE-400.
The Sennheiser has the biggest soundstage of all of these headphones by a huge margin. It's also very light. It's the only set that gave me the illusion of listening to speakers.
The unamped HD 280 is very underwhelming to me, however it also scaled incredibly well with an amplifier, more so than any other pair of cans. While for most other sets I use an amp just to get their volume to a proper level, the HD 280 worked just fine, but the sound signature changed radically.
I read the KSC75 had the same drivers as the PortaPro but they didn't sound the same to me even as I owned both at once.

I think I just don't like the Sennheiser sound very much, none of them blew my mind. The HD 650's soundstage was a surreal experience but I didn't love the sound signature. If I had to wear them for the rest of my life I'd be more than happy, but I think I prefer very forward headphones.

The AD900X is still my favorite set.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm so confused, I had never heard of blons until the past pages of this thread. What are these magical blons?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks folks.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are the BLON BL-03 still worth it if the aftermath cables are going to cost about as much as the set where I live? People keep talking about how their cables suck.

Alternatively I might risk just going for the standard cables. My ears aren't particularly large.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So a friend of mine got the BLONs and said "it's pretty much like my 650s except they distort when I turn the volume unrealistically high". Hype is real, I guess.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trem_two posted:

BELIEF
LETMUSICBURN
OPPOTY
NEVERGIVEUP

I'm glad black friday cutting the price by 50% plus aliexpress not adding the typical 200% Brazilian markup is giving me the OPPOTY to buy the BLONs at half the price of the Koss PortaPros.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Okay now that I am a junior audiophile with HD650s (great call goons!), a schiit magni, playing lossless files off of my tidal HiFi subscription, what is my next audiophile big leap? Is it getting an offboard DAC for my surface pro? Is it getting a fancier headphone amp?

I mean, technically you're a junior audiophile if you consider time and experience but you don't really need anything else.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Your img link is a link to the google site, not the image itself.

Here's an imgur of it:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got my BLONs today. My review:

Holy poo poo you folks weren't kidding when you said the cables were some abominations. I didn't have trouble with them fitting, my ear is pretty small. But whoever designed these things has no idea of how troublesome is to put them if you have long hair, or if you're African descendant. Half the tips didn't match the actual IEM, and the baseline tip didn't fit my ear. A friend of mine had to buy new ones because none fit his. But the one pair of tips included that matched the actual phone managed to fit my ear perfectly, as luck would have it. So as long as I go through the annoying process of actually putting these things on they sit there. Not the most comfortable thing in the world, but eh.

The vocals aren't as muddy as I expected.

I don't know what to say about the sound that hasn't been said yet. They're way above their price range. I'm using them instead of my DT 770 right now. They have less detail but it wasn't a jump noticeable enough to be an issue, and I prefer them this way. They remind me of the AD900x a lot more in this regard. They're bassy when properly fit with a decent tip, is usually the case of IEMs. With the default tip they were fairly neutral, after fitting properly they became about as bassy as the Sony Extra Bass series. I can see someone coming from other headphones finding them overly bassy, and people coming from bass-heavy headphones finding them more neutral, but they're at least as bass-heavy as the XBs and with the proper tip they're above the Sennheiser 650s, ATH-AD900s, AH-D5000s, Porta Pros, HD 280s and DT 770s, the sets that I've had most experience with. The closest sound signature to them that I can think are the HIFIMAN HE400s, with the caveat that comparing their lows to an electrostatic is pretty unfair, the HE400s with a properly produced music are just infinitely better, but the BLONs have less distortion in a lot of cases.

So that's basically what they sound like to me: Slightly worse HE400s at their best, and better in general.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 22, 2019

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, I'm surprised at how when fit wrong, the mids of the BLONs are still the same, but the details go up. I could live with them like that, but I prefer the bassier version. Funnily enough, the BLONs out of the box have the same curve that I equalize in my other headphones. I hear too much sibilance, from the 12 khz to the 19 khz I hear the same volume before there's a sudden sharp drop in the 20khz that gets lower every other year.

I still can't believe that these things are the real deal. A friend of mine who got them first said he wouldn't mind a more expensive version of them with the same sound, just higher production quality. I thought he was crazy because I thought the point of them was being cheap. Now that I have them I think I'd say the same thing.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JK Fresco posted:

Where is the place to get a real blon. Searching blon shows dozens of copies

http://aliexpress.com/item/33052121536.html

I bought from here.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

100-300$, if it has longevity then it's better then buying a new 100$ headset every couple years as the wires get worn out.

You want an Audio Technica ATH-AD900X and some mic.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just to emphasize, I know that you're a competitive gamer from the threads we both follow. Unless not having a built-in mic bothers you, you really want to heed my recommendation.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

grack posted:

I have something far worse. Fountain pens.

So many fountain pens.

gently caress you I'm so jealous.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Letmusicburn

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorites are still the AD900Xs but alas, since my neighbour is a lunatic who screams as loudly as humanly possible while playing CS, the DT770s have been the only thing keeping me sane.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are the ATH M50xs comparable in some sense to the DT 770 Pros? I need closed headphones with some bass, my DT 770s died and they cost 3 times as much as the ATH M50Xs here. I don't even have budget options because right now, for some ungodly reason in this God-forsaken hellhole of a country, the koss porta-pros are costing ~120 usd. The normal ones, no fancy special edition or whatever. The ATH-M50xs seem to be the most reasonably priced but I'm open for suggestions.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

The M40X are better and cheaper if you can get em. Spend the difference on thicker pads, the stock pads are a joke. like these: https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Audio-Technica-ATH-MSR7-ATH-MSR7BK-Headphone/dp/B07BWKJ1BW

Would the AKG 371 be equivalent to what I'm looking for? They're costing 15% less than the m40x and finding replacement stock pads here is either A) hard B) adds a shitload of extra expense.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hi, I need headphones with bass, but not like deep subbass. I want something that hits me in a way that only two phones managed to:
1) The Koss Porta Pro, somehow
2) The Hifiman He400 on some very specific songs like Get Lucky by Daft Punk.

They feel like they're hitting the upper bass with a heavy texture that I loving love and I don't know where else to find them. Maybe speakers, but they're rarely available here in Brazil.

Budget is not a concern (can't believe I ever get to say this). Past headphones:

Denon AH-D5000
Sennheiser P2
Koss Porta Pro - Can always return to this and find it pleasant
Koss KSC75
Sennheiser HD 280 - I'd rather anything other than this
Audio-Technica ATH-AD900
Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x - Favorite for playing games
Hifiman HE400 - Favorite for well produced songs. lovely cables, weird sound on lo-fi.
Sennheiser HD 650 - Too veiled/vocals too distant
Blon BL03 - Good but too detailed, I'm not at the point of hearing loss I want to stick with these.
Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Fine.
AKG K371 - Fine but the Harman curve feels like the watered down version of what I want.

I've said before in this thread that I'm not a basshead, but my priorities have shifted (I used to favor precision and soundstage when playing games to pinpoint where the enemy was). People do talk about the Porta Pro bass but looking at the Hifiman's curve it doesn't seem anything special so I'm not sure where that sound I get is coming from, that intense rhythm that almost feels like I'm listening it from a speaker. Since the original He400 is gone, I'd like to know suggestions for something like this. Preferably open, looking for something impactful.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I live in Brazil, specifically Rio. There's no "test drive" here, the few companies that provided that had a limited range of products and closed years ago. I have to pretty much trust strangers on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rakeris posted:

Hm, not sure if there is anywhere you can test drive them, but I'd check out the LCD-X. I can't, I love them, I've never just listened to music like I have with these drat things. They also sound amazing stock, but also take EQ so well if you want to play with that. (Some seriously fun and amazing EQ profiles out there too)

Edit: Little more info, I'm no audiophile but got to test drive a number of very pricey pairs and fell in love with these, they are bass cannons but not at the loss of other areas, the bass has such amazing texture, great mids, highs are detailed but not fatiguing like some Beyer phones can be.

Someone described them as like having two speakers attached to your head and I can see where they were coming from.

Going to edit more in here and say the Ananda (or maybe it was the Arya....been a number of months and there was a lot of headphones at that shop) was probably my second favorite of the ones I listened to. I wanted to try the LCD 2 but couldn't find one to try and compare.

Oof those are at s premium. I take they were discontinued? Either that or scalpers really having s field day charging 4k usd.