Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Incredulous Dylan posted:

I'm not going to pretend to be an audio expert. I'm simply giving my honest impressions of the product. If you don't believe there's a difference between R2R multibit and delta sigma then I have no problem with that opinion. I have owned a pair of HD 800s and a Bifrost Uber for quite some time and felt like the differences I described made the upgrade to multibit worth it. I won't make any claims beyond that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1DcD8e55YY

But no, seriously, have a friend double blind you on them. I would legitimately be curious to see how this turns out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Right thread to ask how much, if any, of a poo poo I should give if my AirPods Pro REFUSE to pass the tip fit test? The left one is OK, right one will NEVER pass despite all possible efforts to change tips, positions, etc. They worked when I got them a few months ago, noise cancellation seems to work pretty well, etc, but....??

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

MarcusSA posted:

Did you try new tips?

Yeah I shuffled through all 3 tips, tried everything I could think of to position them in my ears, even swapped the tips between L/R, right one still refuses to ever greelight.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE posted:

I had a ton of sets of Pros do this. They worked well for a month or two and then started failing the fit test. Then a while later they would start to have noise issues during playback.

I kept complaining about it to apple support, and with some careful wording I could get them to send me a replacement and mail-in to return the bad ones. I did this about 6 times.

My most recent pair has finally been working properly for about 9 months, so I’m hoping they made some minor design rev or I finally just got lucky. They’re great when they work properly.

Would you offer some guidance re: the magic words?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE posted:

The rattling noise I mention up there only happened with that one pair. The others all just developed a rumble/hum.

Thank you. Wow. Eight failures. If I didn’t enjoy them so much id write it off after a point but they’ve pretty tightly integrated into my day now.