Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Hi all, looking at buying my first decent pair of headphones (i.e. not a $25 pair of bog standard Sony IEMs) and slightly daunted be all the alternatives.

Budget - Around $100 AUD.
Source - Android phones and occasionally a stereo.
Isolation Requirements - Not huge. It would be nice to not have my music drowned out by traffic noises while walking to/travelling on the bus, but I don't want to be completely oblivious to the outside world as I'm walking around with them. Also, my girlfriend would like to be able to listen to music while I'm working from home/talking on the phone most of the day without us bothering each other with talking/music.
Preferred Type of Headphone - Over or on-ear.
Preferred Tonal Balance - Balanced.
Past Headphones - I've pretty regularly used these horrid little fuckers for years now, and am frankly sick of the cable always fraying after 6 months/having to cram them into my ears.
Preferred Music - Podcasts, rock, IDM, and a shitload of 80's new wave.

I've heard that Sennheiser HD 300s are pretty okay, they're currently on sale for $79AUD, but I'm completely ignorant and would invite recommendations for similarly priced solid headphones. Bonus points if they're available in the on-ear or over-ear section at JB's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU