Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Rift Wizard has some garbage optimization/spaghetti code going on. I'm on my gaming desktop and the game freezes up for upwards of a second or more with every movement when even a single enemy is on the board. It looks like a text-based DOS games, how the gently caress do you manage that kind of performance problem? I'll pick it up again in the future if that poo poo gets fixed.

I have never seen that happen, whether I'm on my laptop or at my PC. You should report that to the dev?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Has Slice & Dice been mentioned here yet? We've been raving about it in the Android gaming thread. They have a release on itch.io for PC too.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.com.tann.dice&hl=en_US&gl=US
https://tann.itch.io/slice-dice

It's a dice based roguelike with a ton of depth. I can't stop playing it. The Android version has a free demo mode so you can try before you buy.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Big agree, Slice & Dice is one of my favorite mobile roguelikes (up there with Card Quest).

And for bonus points, it's Goonmade!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Third for slice and dice. Be careful it can make hours disappeared.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Slice and dice seems like the perfect phone game but it isn’t on iOS yet.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Circadian Dice also seems to have sneaked out a few fix and further polish updates within recent times and is Very Of Note along those blessed lines:

https://shuffleup.itch.io/circadian-dice

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Also throwing out some love for Slice & Dice

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Slice & Dice is very good but also incredibly easy. Like, to the point where there's not much replay value at all.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I'm finding the unfair mode to be pretty tough, have only made it to 16 at the highest

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Jack Trades posted:

Slice & Dice is very good but also incredibly easy. Like, to the point where there's not much replay value at all.

Bullshit. First, the higher difficulties are definitely challenging.

Second, the way the classes and treasures interact makes each new run distinct in amusing ways.

Third, the varied play modes (infinite, single fight, skip early game, custom party, ...) let you approach the game in whatever way suits your mood at that particular moment.

Going "game too easy, no replay value" just shows you haven't spent any time on it at all.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Did you try cursed mode? It's the most fun for me. Unfair is too hard and cursed is just right.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I can see someone saying hard is too easy, I think if you're playing well you can get a surprisingly high win chance; I think the leaderboard has a 36 win streak on hard.

Unfair though, no way. It seriously feels like luck whether you can actually get past floor 8.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
If you only try the demo I can see saying it's too easy, normal really isn't much of a challenge.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Personally I haven't gotten past 15-16/20 in my two normal attempts, I don't think it's too easy at all. It's pretty much the perfect phone game, it requires enough thought to not be boring, but it's easy to pick it up for five minutes and then go do something else.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

goferchan did in fact gift me Nova Drift and after 2 hours I can say it is cool and good. ARPG Asteroids. It even has my favorite Diablo-like playstyle: summon spam. You better believe I pick Engineer every time.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Nova Drift does indeed look awesome and something I've been itching to get for a long time now, but I'm really getting sick of all this Early Access crap now a days, that just slowly drip feeds you content over the "years", just give me a finished product ffs.

There was some talk not to long (I think in here) about Nova Drift and how their "timeline" of features planned or whatever wasn't even close to done, and that updates were super slow. I read that and...

hell naw.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Nova Drift in particular is really bad about it, I can't tell if the dev has posted (and then majorly missed) multiple roadmaps or if it was just one roadmap and it took so long I forgot about reading it the first time. Good game though, I've just settled for not touching it again until release, which I assume will be 2025 or so.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Nova Drift in particular is really bad about it, I can't tell if the dev has posted (and then majorly missed) multiple roadmaps or if it was just one roadmap and it took so long I forgot about reading it the first time. Good game though, I've just settled for not touching it again until release, which I assume will be 2025 or so.

Yeah lol the "roadmap" stuff is pretty behind at this point. I consider it a good game as-is that may or may not get more content in the future

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah you can wait.. or just play it as is, since it’s a good game?

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
I feel like nova drift could release now and it would be equivalent to a complete game tbh. Just not, admittedly, the full game the dev has planned.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

tildes posted:

I feel like nova drift could release now and it would be equivalent to a complete game tbh. Just not, admittedly, the full game the dev has planned.

It's like Star Citizen, except 10 times cheaper and actually playable! :v:

I believe the dev has had RL issues that have slowed the map. But as people have said - you've already got the full version of what would be called Action Mode in a lot of games, and you get the rest of the game for free if and when it's done.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
imagine complaining about game development taking years for an already decent game in the rogue-like thread

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

bees x1000 posted:

goferchan did in fact gift me Nova Drift and after 2 hours I can say it is cool and good. ARPG Asteroids. It even has my favorite Diablo-like playstyle: summon spam. You better believe I pick Engineer every time.

I also love the "summoner" build in ND and it helps that its also incredibly powerful!

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Anyone played Dice Legacy yet?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1229460/Dice_Legacy/

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I'm really liking vivid knight, the mix of gacha/autobattler is working great with my brain and everything looks cute and pleasant. The resource management is interesting. I'm hitting a bit of a wall with the last dungeon now though, keep getting my rear end kicked by the golem with a 3 turn canon.
I hope it continues getting updates because I can already tell this is going to be a timesink for me.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I liked Vivid Knight until it ended, which was way too soon, it's unfortunately not a very long game.

Anyway, I picked up Arboria, and I've been finding it a lot of fun so far (only 2 runs in though). It's a bit silly, but it feels like the devs have put a lot of love into it.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Is that the one where you pull out pins to get gold or the one where everyone’s boobs get bigger as you level up?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
starsector was good the day i bought it 400 years ago, and it continues to improve. never buy a game on a promise imo, if you like what it is now though, go for it!

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Is that the one where you pull out pins to get gold or the one where everyone’s boobs get bigger as you level up?

Uh, what?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

what in tarnation

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I've seen that on the Steam store before. It's a Shiren-like I believe, has an overarching story and also every character you send into the labryinth or whatever are female and their busts get bigger as they level up. Why? Iunno.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

:biotruths:

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

goatsestretchgoals posted:

So what made you think that Dice Legacy was either of these?

Pladdicus posted:

starsector was good the day i bought it 400 years ago, and it continues to improve. never buy a game on a promise imo, if you like what it is now though, go for it!

That's cool, but did you mean to post this in the Roguelike thread?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i am willing to brave at least a few floors of a dungeon to go up a cup size

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Yeah I should probably look into Adblock on iOS YouTube for my own sanity but those two video tropes are literally 90% of “game” ads right now.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Snooze Cruise posted:

i am willing to brave at least a few floors of a dungeon to go up a cup size

This is another incredible contender for thread title if the current one wasn't literally perfect

After about 300 hours in Cataclysm in an embarrassingly short amount of time I decided I'd give ToME4 another shot and am actually enjoying it now that I'm giving it more than like half an hour of attention before writing it off. Still makes me want to go play more Tangledeep, but I'm slowly figuring out that metaprogression is overall pretty important to me even if I otherwise dig the mechanics and challenge.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Sab Sabbington posted:

This is another incredible contender for thread title if the current one wasn't literally perfect

After about 300 hours in Cataclysm in an embarrassingly short amount of time I decided I'd give ToME4 another shot and am actually enjoying it now that I'm giving it more than like half an hour of attention before writing it off. Still makes me want to go play more Tangledeep, but I'm slowly figuring out that metaprogression is overall pretty important to me even if I otherwise dig the mechanics and challenge.

This is a random tangent but for a very long time I parsed your pfp as some kind of weird worm thing peering out of the darkness at you, the view of it.

Only literally just now I realize it is a rock or boulder of some kind, though of course I'm not familiar with the reference the text is making. That might have helped.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Evil Kit posted:

This is a random tangent but for a very long time I parsed your pfp as some kind of weird worm thing peering out of the darkness at you, the view of it.

Only literally just now I realize it is a rock or boulder of some kind, though of course I'm not familiar with the reference the text is making. That might have helped.

It's Bouldy from Hades. Bouldy is your friend.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Nova Drift can have visibility issues. Sucks to get to wave 140 then lose track of your blue dude amidst two dozen blue summons who are all shooting blue weapons at blue enemies and then you get surprised nuked by blue comets

bees x1000 fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Sep 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's Bouldy from Hades. Bouldy is your friend.

Surprisingly relevant to the roguelike thread then. TIL