Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Anyone playing Wizards of Legend? Picked it up for the Switch and it’s pretty fun. The different spells make it really varied in terms of your loadout. Seems fun so far, pretty hard compared to others I’ve played though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I’m still digging WoL but I’m getting massive frame rate drops on Switch. I don’t know if it’s the patch they had yesterday or just that I’m getting farther and there’s a ton more enemies doing poo poo on screen, but it’s not ideal. Even docked it does it.

The “Grand Summoner” sub boss that spawns in with like 4 adds, who all spawn like 4 adds themselves, just totally locks my game up for like 2 seconds and I always take a shitload of damage.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

RoboCicero posted:

For Wizard of Legend what's the deal with the three skulls before the level bosses? I assume that if you haven't defeated enough enemies each "skull" represents a increase in the amount of damage that boss does. I probably missed it during the tutorial.

I think it just denotes how many of the enemies you have killed. There’s also a % gauge that tells you how much of the map you’ve explored, and unless I’m misremembering you can get 100% map completion without getting all 3 skulls filled by just running through rooms without killing everything.

It may have some effect on boss difficulty, but I haven’t noticed. I guess if you wanted to test it out you could equip the Pathfinder’s Map and just go straight to bosses every floor and see if it makes council members noticeably more difficult.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

After about 30 hours in Wizard of Legend I have done everything but the Pride run, which is dumb and I will never do.

It’s a real fun game, but as people have said it needs a lot of tweaks. Level design is boring, a lot of the arcana are downright useless compared to others (like the tunneling dragons in earth), and the boss fights become incredibly easy once you’ve done them a few times. Getting Chaos Arcana also trivializes a lot of the game, so once you’ve got a few of them (especially the charged Distortion Beam) you’re kind of just blasting through everything. The relics are mostly boring and even the cursed items are just “move slower for more damage” or “lose health for a benefit”.

Looking forward to more content though. Might check back in like 6 months and see what they’ve added.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Cult of the Lamb is fun, but I am getting constant freezes on PS5. Almost every time I do a ritual it happens, then the cultists go back to where they were, and the Lamb just sits there doing nothing until I restart.