Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

roguelikes: eagerly awaiting to play with Unormal's new CoQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

they'll be doing even better once they let us give them money for CoQ!!

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

final fantasy legacy

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

coq is gonna own. july 15th still the penciled date?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

first char in qud: 3 screens from town i got jumped by an evil twin and killed in 3 rounds.

second char: gunned down by a machinegun turret 1.5 screen from town.

roguelikes are tough.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Eonwe posted:

would own

concept makes me want to play gladius

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Eonwe posted:

im going to go home and play at least one round of dcss and one round of tome

:3

i hope you win them both.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

gearhead sounds fun so i grabbed it off the sourceforge.

trying to run it just throws errors though.

roguelikes hard.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

dis astranagant posted:

https://mega.nz/#!NZUxwSjR!Tcb1aZa_xBq4WXWCzgDnrmgTBJcdjkHZbQ6tZdLqmqs

Doesn't have the new stuff off git but GH1's in the middle of an art revamp there and would probably be a mess. Extract the gh1-sdlwin.zip, then extract the sdlimage.zip on top of it. then run arena.exe to play.

thank you.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Awesome! posted:

deathstate describes itself as a single stick shooter. what does that mean? you move and bullets auto aim when you push a fire button?

i was wondering this to and the preview video didn't help me figure it out.

nice new thread icon.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i'm buying it to support devs like you, superh.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

I played like 10 games of deathstate last night and it's really fun but boy am I bad at dodging. pumpkin man is cool though because the default chance of fearing an enemy helps me out a lot.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

SpruceZeus posted:

woop woop got my first kill on what is, as I suspected, not actually the final boss of Deathstate, but actually the Mom of Deathstate.

oh well I killed it! blue demon carry me to victory

I just played a bunch more and while I didn't get that far, I did beat the first zone's boss a couple times and broke some shrines to summon a cthulhu and kicked it's butt. I'm really bad at dodging and also dodge into stuff all the time. Still trying to figure out where exactly the hitbox is because sometimes I get hit when it doesn't look like I should.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Turtlicious posted:

Oblige + RLArsenal + RLRPG is also dank.

is there a guide to set this all up? i tried setting up something similar awhile ago but gave up before it ever worked.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i bought wasted but i can't get it to run borderless with outside apps. rip

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

buy dungeonmans

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

get dungeonmans if you want one with good humor and persistent growth.

get caves of qud if you want more traditional gameplay, with really nice ascii (i usually hate ascii), and tons of character customization.

get sproggiwood if you want one with cute graphics that's a little more puzzle-y. but don't let those cute graphics fool you...

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

anyone here been playing siralim 2? i'm 20-something floors in but ugh.. i feel weak but i can survive well.

currently using a stronghold as a tank which auto provokes after each of it's turn so it gets targetted. along with that i have a valkyrie soldier that has a 30% chance to counter when an ally is attacked. i have a unicorn for the chance to revive on attack and minor healing, some ent for passive mend on the party for survivability, a dragon who's passive reduces the enemy's attack, and some swamp thing which i mostly use for aoe bleed + def/spd buff+debuff.

there's seemingly no easy way to restore mp in battles, though stats refill after each. but my monsters can only cast 1-2 spells a battle aside from some minor heal which is based on hp and a str buff i got that also uses hp instead of mp.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Geokinesis posted:

What mage are you playing? As that can factor into everything!
Also what castle stuff do you have unlocked and which realms? For getting better Spell Gems there is a food that increases the chance of finding them, also the magical realm has more spell gems. (At the very least it has a shattered one where you grab all 5 pieces).

E i type good

i picked life mage. castle upgrades i have are the chef, first merchant, blacksmith and the two artifact npcs.

i don't think i have realms unlocked yet, i just got the 5th nether orb. i'll have to look up the food recipe for spells and beeline for that.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

thanks this is all pretty helpful. that's basically how i focused the Valkyrie, spell gems with on hit procs (just the partywide Shell and an AOE dmg + scorn)

i've got a bunch of the deity points unspent because i wanted to decide which of the bigger ones to go after.

i'll see if i can get the overheal perk, that looked like one of the better ones and i was saving points until i could afford one of the big ones. with the passive mend i'm basically overhealing a couple characters every turn.

defense hasn't been a problem for me but offense has basically been me buffing my valkyrie with my ent every turn or other turn with this:

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Are you spelling it rougelite on purpose? There are at least two instances in the OP.

read the first paragraph

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

one way heroics was great but that new one does not look appealing at all.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

I didn't spend any of my own money but I did donate two turkeys I got from my job to a local food pantry last Monday, since Stop the Hunger Clock was the first thing that I thought of.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

how did you get good at roguelikes before wikis and easy access to other people who know more than you about them though?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

now you know what class to add next

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i think we finally found someone who you can't argue with about what is/isn't a roguelike.

goon does it anyway.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

tangledeep is looking rad dude. keep it up!

in general, i love how involved and helpful all you roguelike devs are. it's neat seeing a community of devs bouncing ideas off each other and sharing thought processes about different aspects of the game design.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Bruteman posted:

Streets of Rogue is out in early access on Steam.

it's free to play for this weekend too.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

yaaay made it!

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i haven't seen any positive reviews of strafe yet.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

anyone who backed tangledeep at $15+ will be getting EA keys for the game right? that's how i understood the latest update when i checked back.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

deathstate is great and goon made. its a single stick shooter where you automatically fire on the closest enemy and can focus more on dodging around. and it's got itemization in the same vein as boi more or less. plus a couple different characters that play a little differently.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

you don't have to install another client alongside steam to do the same thing

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

single serve loot boxes.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

well of souls tier graphics.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

tangledmans

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Awesome! posted:

does streets of rogue have like, an endgame goal? are you progressing through the world in some way?

e: i guess what im really asking is can you beat it or is it just a sandbox?

one more thing i didn't see mentioned is that each character has an optional quest line with objectives to do on their run.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

gunfire reborn or roboquest.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

big bia is 50% off. who knows if it'll ever have english support again though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

baram. fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 29, 2023