Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
Bought Sproggiwood last night after reading a bit of this thread. Super good so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
Dungeonmans for OSX, make it happen!

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

Unormal posted:

Yeah, once the Steam version is released we'll eventually update it, but for now the Steak version is way ahead.

Tastes better too.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

Doctor Meat posted:

You might also enjoy Deathstate or Iron Fisticle.

Spelunky, Downwell, Risk of Rain

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

I tried to play a few different "proper" roguelikes after having gotten a taste of the genre with games like BoI, Spelunky and Dungeons of Dredmor. The one that's really caught on with me so far is Caves of Qud. UI makes sense to me and the tiles look, imo, great.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

Re: Pixel Dungeon. What am I supposed to do in a situation like this? Tried throwing axes on every wall tile, but alas. (I'm a roguelike noob)

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

Enjoying Pixel Dungeon, but man is it hard! Constantly running into hunger issues as well. Anyone got any newbie tips?

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

New ToME DLC has dropped: http://store.steampowered.com/app/404250/
Anyone played it?

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

Someone make this standup roguelike already!!!

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

I think some newer games have the achievements server side so you can't use SAM?

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

Cosmetic DLC is obviously the way to go.

A green @ instead of a white one. $5.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

As far as I can tell, the main use for the basic dodge in Monolith is when you're in danger of getting cornered. Not when you are cornered; by then it's too late. But if you find yourself going "hm, in a second or two I'm gonna be in trouble" then the dodge might be helpful.

Yeah, this! Also: it’s real fun to use, imo, zippin’ around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

RoboCicero posted:

Just beat Monolith on Hard Mode and :stare: that game does not gently caress around with regards to difficulty. Managed to get a S-rank run on normal mode, but attempting to clear hard mode with less than 13 hits for a S rank sounds drat near impossible with how punishing the final fight is.

Are you a god