Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

quiggy posted:

First-person procedurally generated shooter with Minecraft-inspired graphics and a plot loosely based on H.P. Lovecraft.

:wow: that is indie as gently caress
You forgot w/ enemies inspired by hit show & cult classic Doctor Who

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

It actually doesn't sound too bad since I loved exploring caves in Minecraft. I can't help but wish they'd spruce up the graphics a smidge though to put it past the uncanny valley right above "adorable lo-fi" and below "actually got someone to do art". I had similar issues with Terraria and how the playable character looked like it was traced from Final Fantasy.

I also just saw the Crypt of the Necrodancer official trailer and drat it looks like it'll play amazing now that I'm seeing the gameplay with music attached.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I hear that the dev tooted a lot of "you aren't the ~target audience~" when people mentioned that HSL was actually an incredibly grueling slog of a game that ranked below Cookie Clicker in terms of decisions to make and fun, but I dunno. It's just not a good game.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I think it's hilarious the unrelenting hate that Hack Slash Loot gets in this thread every time it comes up.

And it's totally deserved. When the entire game's tactical space can be boiled down into a flowchart that's "Find a Holy / Unholy weapon > Right Click On Enemies > Repeat For 2 Hours > You Win" you know you have something really special.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Nuclear throne is the bomb. Very satisfying arena shooter, lots of weapon variety and enemies have enough differences that they change the tactical makeup of a level. Difficulty feels a bit uneven still (it's easy to find yourself in a terrible spawn position on the second miniboss, though they've tried to fix it) but it's clear it's on the right track.

Early access, but has enough content that it doesn't need to be. It's worth noting that the price will actually go down after release to 10 dollars since they want people to report bugs and play through the game but I consider it still well worth my money.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Is there a way to purge Discord from your allies? Negation probably could, but would remove their special abilities as well. I remember getting a pretty beefy troll pack in Brogue only to have them all slaughter each other at the first pixie.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

dis astranagant posted:

So is the key to enjoying Bionic Dues having some way to instantly murder all blunderbots before they get anywhere near you? Because it seems like they're the main thing that ever kills me since they do about twice as much damage as any of the starting bots have hp.
As far as I can tell Bionic Dues becomes all about one-shotting enemies before they can fire, usually by abusing any combination of +area of effect, +range, and +damage . This is also the reason my play falls apart whenever I try a higher difficulty than normal since the standard strategy of "explode everything instantly" falls off after the first few days.

I do wish Bionic Dues got the same patch cycle as AI War or The Last Federation -- the Brawler suuuuucks (shaped AoE isn't great when regular AoE deals more damage more reliably at better range). They did release an update on July 3rd which is nice, I thought it was totally abandoned.

e: The updates are just steamworks integration and some additional difficulty options, so, nevermind, it's pretty much abandoned

RoboCicero fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 17, 2014

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Yeah, the prevalence of explosions past 3-1 means Boiling Veins is one of the best perks in the world. I pick it up no matter what else is there (unless it's really early on) Plutonium Hunger is another top pick for me, just because it means you can suck up rads from a safe distance after sniping someone off.

The boss of 5-3 loving sucks though, the "landing" is almost instantaneous and the initial volley is almost guaranteed to one-shot you. I still have no idea what the boss actually does because I instantly die on landing half the time and the other half I win instantly after taking zero damage.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

SageAcrin posted:

Does Boiling Veins actually prevent oneshots if you're above 50%?

I could swear I tried it and got killed from over 50% by an explosion, which means you have to run around more vulnerable to normal attacks and take a mutation pick to avoid oneshots.

Which is about where I start wanting to hurt the developers.

(I miss the old always on version. That was actually good.)

It does -- any explosion damage that would drop you below 50% will drop you to 50% instead. This means that if you're at 5/8 health and you eat an explosion you'll walk away from it with 4 health. Melting will drop to 1 health from 2/2, which makes Boiling Veins not completely useless on him :v:

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Crypt of the Necrodancer is really good! It's kind of real-time with the way the dungeon takes a turn every beat, but everything about the game meshes together marvelously when as you learn it. There's a hardcore mode for roguelike purists, but also a way to gradually level up the dungeon and character per run (rogue legacy style -- you earn diamonds per run, but lose them all at the beginning of the next run. Rewards good play because costs ramp up and you'll need 5+ diamonds to continue upgrading the dungeon)

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Sundae posted:

Necrodancer is absolutely amazing. Totally hooked. The conga-line zombie boss had me laughing out loud right up until I missed the variable beat and got my head caved in.

That's what it loving was. I keep exploding at the bosses because I keep messing up the beat. Only cleared Zone 2 because I had a potion and was literally on my last half-heart by the end.

I just realized that they give you that room at the beginning to let you practice in before you roll out to face the boss.

Also I thought the game, being in "alpha", would suffer from worse artwork and design in zone 3 due to things not being totally fleshed out and boy was I wrong :stare: The mechanics also seriously ramp up. I have no idea how I'm going to beat this game.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

A couple things -- some kind of library function would be nice. I know everyone runs to the wiki first thing but it'd be cool to have more obvious cues as to what obsidian / gold / blood does, or what the various rings do without spoiling yourself for future items.

If exiting the training rooms (boss, miniboss, monster) took you to the subroom instead of all the way back to the lobby

Speaking of, weapons training would be neat too, especially due to the flail or cat o nine tails which interact with enemy turns weirdly.

I was also surprised that there's no non-hardcore way to play through all the zones at once, unless I'm missing something. I'm getting completely demolished by zone 3 and I can't save up more than 6 gems a run to unlock the last few things in the shop. It'd also be nice to just see how far you can go non-hardcore-ed-ly.

Difficulty-wise I feel like zone 3 is a tad bit too open, but I'm also now reaching level 2 of zone 3 fairly regularly instead of dying on floor 1. It's mostly me stumbling into slimes like a doofus, since most of the mechanics aren't too bad in isolation. Oh! It'd be nice if sliding on ice didn't reset your multiplier, just because there's so much of it around. That might be as designed though.

Other than that, the game is fantastic! I had a :aaa: moment in zone three when I realized that the music switches depending on whether you're in the hot zone or the cold zone

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I thought this would be a relatively chill game to play as an alternative to Nuclear Throne or Necrodancer but it is loving hard as balls. The base gameplay is pretty puzzle-y -- you lift objects up and then toss them where they'll travel as far as they can away from you (with a few exceptions). After being tossed, items combine with each other according to preset recipes that you discover. The object of each stage is to rescue children by unlocking doors and solving puzzle rooms. Moving objects around while holding them costs "life energy" which is persistent across stages -- you get a set amount (60?) life energy per stage, but unused energy rolls over. Your goal is to make it to retirement by clearing 15 stages (each stage representing a single year) but I've only ever gotten to stage 7 in a single run.

Part of it is that the puzzle element is hard. Combining objects is difficult, you bleed energy way too quickly if you aren't thinking things through, and the unlock requirements on doors eventually require you to move objects across multiple rooms which can be very difficult. Objects eventually have rear end in a top hat enemies that you have to plan around (gently caress hawks!), enemies that will kill kids if you don't beeline for them, or just be packed to the brim with objects that drain all your energy trying to move them around to clear a path.

You also build up relationships with townspeople, which grants you charms (items that change gameplay conditions, such as by increasing the number of parents in a stage, or increasing how much energy you get from food) or one time energy boost for the next mission.

It's much less a traditional RPG roguelike (with levelling, defeating monsters, and fighting) and more a hard-as-balls puzzle game where your poor decisions will haunt you for the rest of your run.

(You can also pay to revive at checkpoints but I don't find it that useful -- you lose all your items and charms when you revive, which means difficulty scales up much harder)

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I'm big on YV and Steroid, but I'm crazy and I go for melee builds more often than I probably should. Everyone should try a Steroids duo-hammer/shovel game if they get the chance :black101: Game is a lot harder since they rebalanced ammo! I've died indirectly due to low ammo more than once after I get to the ice world.

I don't know about you guys but Plutonium Hunger is still one of my favorite mutations. It basically guarantees you'll get almost 100% of the xp on any set level and being able to hoover up collectables from close-range is invaluable. Boiling Veins is good too, but that's just because of the way explosions can one-shot you at any point in the game.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

quote:

ND3FG-BTEH9-HVLYC
Nabbed this one. Thanks a ton! I've been meaning to try it out but have only recently gotten free time to do so.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Unormal posted:

One of my favorite review quotes is: "The cuteness really sucks you in and then suddenly a mushroom is whooping my rear end." (Which is essentially a restatement of the game's original statement-of-purpose)
I was pretty much going to post to say this. Yeah, the first level and the art style made me think it was going to be easy breezy for me, guy who completed Crawl, but then in level two I'm killing blue slimes that resurrect if you don't clear the slime they leave behind and suddenly I'm going :supaburn: trying to step on slime tiles as fast as they appear while there's 5 large slimes, 5 small slimes, and a goatman beating my head in.

From my very brief time with the game it's great! Nothing jumped out at me other than minor graphical things -- the animation warrior charge is way slower than I expected, you can scroll infinitely up or down in the upgrade menu for the town sim, and goatman's are briefly visible if they charge into fog of war. The Desktop Dungeon approach to levels and persistent upgrades is very much a smart one!

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Just bought Dungeonmans. Belated Christmas gift to the devs, and I look forward to trying it out! :toot:

e: oh also there's a thread for it too, rad.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Tollymain posted:

yes, the ui for managing your inventory is bad, that's what i meant

i'm probably going to end up making a dredmor heartbreaker here because i really want to enjoy that game and it makes it so dang hard
I fooled around with dredmor for a bit and, while I've missed out on a lot of the newer expansions, I honestly think that having 16 elements, 14 of which go through armor, really weigh it down a lot.

The resistance game can be interesting and fun since it mixes up threat profiles of monsters (depending on if you primarily deal damage that's resisted by a monster, or you lack resistance to a damage that that monster deals), but in dredmor there's so many you sort of cross your fingers and hope that the golem isn't about to deal 85+ existential damage while simultaneously rolling through the dungeon dealing 100+ damage split across 9 categories so nothing feasibly resists your attacks.

Which is a shame because while all the skills are pretty fun, the power curve slides between :killdozer: and :gibs: pretty rapidly.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

madjackmcmad posted:

Thirded'd. I picked it up during the winter sale and have finally been playing it. It's very pretty, you foom apart all sorts of bad guys and tool around dungeons looking for secret doors and treasure. If you're in this thread and have even a passing appreciation for shooting things via computer-device, go play.
There's secret doors? :monocle:

I'm admittedly bad at FPS games, but it's enormous bullshit how the game both spawns enemies in behind you and also doesn't have a minimap. I know there's an audio cue but it's never super helpful for "three floppy chickens appeared behind you".

Also what do goblets do? Just increase your score?

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

There's a area in the mid-game (I say because I've never gotten much farther) called the Dwarven Minefield, which is notable because it places a good number of fairly high-tier items in a place littered with, naturally, dwarven mines. These mines are powerful enough that stepping on one will almost always end your game, whether due to the explosion blowing your groin off or due to the explosion causing your wands to break, causing further explosions.

The best way to go through the Dwarven Minefield is to take one step, spend 25 turns mashing the search key, then take another step. At one pointwhile I was clearing it out a dwarven kamikaze warrior spawned and started chasing me. I forget how it ended, but all of my limbs being blown off was definitely part of my death log.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

You're totally right. I think I only found out about the guaranteed belt of levitation after I stopped playing.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

It's good if you like story and world-building -- the combat is definitely not going to be much to write home about. I like the whole "CYOA with stats" thing it had going on.

If you do get it, it's worth it to look up how to tweak the game to be a bit more forgiving in terms of fuel and food consumption. I had a pretty dull time desperately trying to scrape together enough fuel to get somewhere actually new and interesting until I changed it.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Heran Bago posted:

Necrodancer is really fun. After several tried I could not beat the 2nd floor. Then I switched characters and in one non-story run I beat the first boss, got a bunch of gems, and opened several cages. Are gems and cages not in story mode? Also what do the combo inputs like up+right and left+right do?
Gems and Cages are not -- it's a way to play through one zone at a time with a few upgrades from the get-go and is a lot less punishing than story mode (I'm a fan of All Zones mode personally, just because that's enough of an effort for me). Gems unlock persistent dungeon upgrades whenever you play single-zone mode, while cages unlock characters that help you train (such as a way to play against a boss over and over again to learn their patterns, or the same thing for monsters, trying out weapons, or learning advanced techniques like dragon dancing).

I gave it a go for an hour or so yesterday and re-beat Zones 1 and 2, but I've died on Zone 3 so many times :negative: The amount of things you need to keep track of really amps up a ton.

Also I got the Rifle in Zone 2 and cleared Deep Blues in one hit. Turns out infinite range 3 damage piercing projectile far outweighs the downside of taking 2 consecutive turns to attack :v:

e: Beaten by Sage Grimm, but up+right / left+right just maps to additional items and spells you might pick up.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I've been beating my head against a wall on Zone 4 for so long I finally decided to do a all zone run to blow off some steam. Got a titanium longbow, resisted the temptation of a Shrine of Glass, and managed to make it all the way to the Necrodancer fight.

Died to his explosion because I wasn't paying attention to him shaking in place for five beats :negative: Remixes sound great, even if I don't think I'll ever actually hear them in-game.

God that fight is great and the gimmick, while completely surprising, is a bit more forgiving than I expected. What do you do once he gets off the stage? Do you just try to damage him with the Golden Lute or can you attack him conventionally?

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Angry Diplomat posted:

Bows and crossbows are great but my favourite ranged weapons, and also favourite weapons overall, are the musket and blunderbuss. They're not the weapons I'm best with by any means, but they're powerful and fun as hell. Dancing around with a shotgun like some sort of musical Doomguy is amazing, and obliterating Coral Riff on turn 2 of his boss fight is never not the funniest thing ever.
Yeah, Rifle is nothing short of hilarious. The fact it goes through parries and shields is icing on the cake. For weapons you can find in a reasonable amount of time you can't go wrong with a titanium longsword.

I just did a full run-through with Melody and it was easier than Cadence. Plot spoilers for Cadence : The Golden Lute means you focus completely on positioning and if you can deal 2 hearts of damage to anyone by walking into them and then walking away. You also never have to worry about bats :argh:

Now I have to finish the game with Aria. Or heck, finish one area with Aria. It's not necessarily that I die in one hit (though I've died plenty from that), it's that I know that I'm going to drift off-beat and instantly die halfway through a run.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I played like four or five games of Cogmind, but definitely got pasted around the third floor each time. If I don't die to those drat Pests I die to letting a scout / engineer get away and alert half the level to my position.

One thing that would be great would be a 2x scaled UI. I have pretty crappy eyes and I would gladly trade off having to scroll around map if I could see the UI more clearly. The color difference between basic parts and neutral green civilians was also pretty close, but I was pretty tired at the time too. e: I just installed the OSX version and it looks fine -- looks like the issues I had with this was more that Bootcamp does funny things to resolutions.

That being said, I like it a lot -- rocket or grenade launchers are my absolute favorite at the moment just because they let me deal with Pests without eating a lot of durability damage. I've been trying to make a early melee build with Maces or Heavy Maces but I might need targeting computers to get my accuracy high enough to make it effective.

Also does anyone know what the special weapons like Welding Torches or Mining Lasers do? Are they intended for environment damage?

RoboCicero fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 9, 2015

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Multiple times now I've barely managed to finish off a squad, then a scavenger sliiiiides in and takes the one component I need so I'm not a core held together by duct tape and wishes.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Just completed my first ascension of Cogmind :toot:

Can't say it's a reliable strategy, but my run was mostly finding a four-pack of Experimental Cesium Ion thrusters, then slotting in enough utility / power to offset the power drain and heat buildup while providing a modicum of protection. I had a Heavy Disruptor Cannon that I pulled out whenever I wanted to go one-on-one, but any item with a high penetration / critical would probably do just as well.

Most of my run was going around overloaded (but still at 200% move), then immediately activating all my thrusters to shoot to 500% - 1000% speed and jetting through enemies as soon as possible. Finally got lucky on -1 by opening the doors first try, then puttered around the shell before I realized I should probably put my hypervelocity railgun to good use and blew it open

I do wish higher rating weapons had more unique abilities though. We do get very high disruption / critical weapons, but most of the other ones were pretty hard to parse, even if they sounded :black101: as hell.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

How much exploration were you doing versus just blasting for the stairs as quickly as possible?
I was doing a decent amount of exploration -- Cogmind is all about attrition, so you're always looking for more flight units, backup power generators, backup heat sinks, or backup armor. Even while being chased I still dodged into rooms just to see if there was anything juicy on the ground. Most flight units will put you at 500% move when you're not overloaded, so for most robots you're moving 5 or 6 times to their every one -- if you're feeling saucy and you find one of those 'guarded' rooms with a bot overlooking a stockpile of stuff you can usually fly in, pick up something on the ground, and leave before the Warden is able to get more than one shot at you.

Being well-stocked is seriously critical though, and one of the hardest parts imo about running a blaster build -- it's not a matter of having guns to replace the ones that get shot off, but heat sinks and power generators (and tractor beams, to a lesser extent) become really critical to not going dry in an extended firefight and running out of any one of them will cause serious problems.

When I did find an exit I'll usually try to explore the surrounding zone or two, since I can almost certainly out-run anything trying to pursue me.

Random suggestion : It would be neat if wheels had something to make them more obviously attractive over legs (which have lower penalties) and hover units (which are generally faster). Either something like something where the time to move decreases the more you move in a straight line, or being able to toggle a "Rolling" mode on the wheels, where you continuously move in one direction, even while you're firing your weapons.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Kyzrati posted:

I do like the idea of them affording even better protection than they already do, something that can possibly be given innately purely via stat tweaks--higher integrity, higher coverage and bam, you have big ol' shields.

One problem with that is that due to propulsion mechanics, treads can already be taken advantage of by fliers who carry them purely as high-integrity shields (in fact, even now as a ballistics-oriented flier you can carry a single spare tread and when you feel confident and want to engage, turn off your flight units and drop to the ground on your single tread to enjoy zero recoil).
It would make sense to make the special traits of treads (recoil reduction / knockback resistance) be more heavily dependent on the number of treads, either changing recoil reduction to a percent that stacks per tread or reducing it from 10 down to something more modest.

Also give treads the ability to :killdozer: lighter robots instead of ramming them, tia.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Would this, perhaps, be the cue for Qud to get its own thread? ;)

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

packetmantis posted:

e: never mind I hosed it up
was it discord or did it die from setting swamp gas on fire repeatedly

or a confusion gas trap and you thumped it on the head

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Got one of the top scores in Cogmind at the moment, trying a more zippy build! I always default to flight-based builds because 'skipping' units is so great.

I made it decently far with a no-holds-barred treads and guns build! It devolved, as it always does, into a naked core zipping through corridors trying to find things to attach, but it happens. I really wish I knew what the Sages that show up around -4 were packing -- Gamma Lasers don't look like they have high disruption ratings but it felt like a part was getting disabled or outright destroyed every turn I spent in a firefight with them. They didn't seem to have system analysis modules, but then again, I didn't look too closely.

I love hypervelocity coil guns / gauss cannons because they have extremely high critical ratings, making them great for protracted firefights and more stealthy builds. I would like to do a hack-focused approach, but man I still have no idea how it's done. Building up familiarity only goes too far when you need hacking suites and datajacks and, more critically, have them not be shot off in the first fight you get into.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Congrats! I'm going to probably take another shot at it sometime, but I had two runs end on the first floor due to encountering Pests at the wrong time. Those things are absolutely deadly at every point in the game, but especially more so before you have a toolkit (explosive weapons, piercing weapons, targeting computers, or plain outrunning them)

Unrelated, but I also think the core should gain weight capacity and energy generation as it levels up in addition to core health :v: I feel like a naked core is a little too punishing late game, but I also see arguments otherwise.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Oh shizzzz I totally forgot to check up on it! Do I e-mail you at the gridsagegames address?

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

A bit late, but would like to talk about a few of the roguelikes I've liked this year.

Rogue-like-likes
Crypt of the Necrodancer -- Everyone has already said what needs to be said about it. I think it does combat really well and in a way that is only possible because of its realtime nature. Every single monster is a clean puzzle to solve and one that can be done with a naked character. Really awesome music also doesn't hurt. I'll finish the game with Aria someday!

Downwell -- Would I get kicked out of the thread if I classified this as a Hop-like? :v: There's a small but thriving sub-genre of coffee-break roguelikes that borrow a lot in terms of procedural generation and tightly-defined level ups drawn from a very deliberately chosen pool and a tight loop that means complete playthroughs are usually under an hour.

Nuclear Throne -- Same as above -- an arena shooter loosely bound to the description of a roguelike. In general an exhilarating shmup that rewards careful play and doles out giant explosions and big guns. One of those games that show how procedural level generation and randomized level-up perks can really energize a game. Lil' Hunter is still bullshit though :argh:

Binding of Isaac -- I'm not sure if this is a good game, but I can't argue that I've sunk a hundred or so hours into it. I think it's interesting that the mass appeal of Binding of Isaac is, sure, partially the roguelike aspect, but I actually suspect that the general "one more game" appeal of BoI is less 'i made a dumb mistake that i won't make again' and more 'maybe this time i'll become a laser barfing weirdoby floor 2". The bit I like the most is the fever dream interaction of various power ups...but parts of the rest of the game thinks it's a much more precise game than it actually is.

Regular ol' Roguelikes
Dungeonmans -- A really fun traditional roguelike that I need to revisit it now that I have a Windows machine up and running. It's basically what Dungeons of Dredmor wished it was, with interesting and well-designed skill trees, fun persistent progression, and a sense of humor that is extremely smartly written. One of the few games that does humor well, and not as a series of references and lampshading.

Crawl -- It's a classic! One of those games I've been playing on and off for about ten...years...:gonk: Not much more to really say about it that hasn't been mentioned a hundred times.

Cogmind -- A really good game and probably my favorite of the year! Also another game I need to get back into. This game is unique and extremely crunchy, while also being fairly unforgiving. There's a few mechanics that are a bit opaque (for example -- I never knew that the 'rogue bot detected' was a food clock that sent un-evadable programmers at you past a certain depth until I read a guide on the forums), but those are far outweighed by the experience of going from a 2-ton Killdozer in one playthrough to a combat-averse stealth drone the next.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Nah, it's a stupendously terrible game. I have played a lot of weird clunkers (due to a period where I was buying into a lot of Indie Royale bundles) but HSL is the only one to really stick with me as a testament of How Not To Do It.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

I thiiiink once upon a time all scrolls functioned as scrolls of random uselessness when confused...?

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

It's good if you like short action-y roguelikes. The hitboxes are kind of goofy but they err in your favor -- I would say grab it if you like games with the same pacing and gunplay as Nuclear Throne since it's 2 bucks (?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Jordan7hm posted:

I sent Zombie Samurai a copy of Caves of Qud, and I'm pretty sure everyone else who posted here is also sorted out at this point. Check your PMs if you have PMs, because rather than rely on steam's terrible messaging app I used those in a few cases. There are more keys to be given away and lots more people posted lists so... yeah free games that I really want to give away to people.

The link to the games list is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cLU51h82dxdYWoJFRsKG7ghymXMra3Ehu5dJdjZ_Em8

Merry Christmas roguelike players
I submitted a list -- could I request Coin Crypt by PM? I've heard some good things about it but I'm pretty skeptical of the premise.