Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Got super lucky on my second ever campaign and was lucky enough to survive every time when I had my tank shot out from under me like 5 or 6+ times. Is there any way to tell which direction I need be driving to flank a tank? One of my losses came from a Jagdpanzer IV which I immobilized, so I figured I'd have free reign over it and drove forward until it was by my side, but apparently I was still facing its front and dinged off while it blew my tank up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

I'm pretty sure I actually got seriously wounded at some point, but I didn't get sent home and was just given another tank. Is it random or did I run into a bug?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Wow, congrats on making it further than I ever have. Cannonball I II III was the furthest I ever got before I was brewed up. I made it to August 26th, how far does the campaign go? (see edit below) Run into any Tigers? I've only seen a Tiger I three or so times, and only once was it not almost immediately destroyed by friendly forces.
Nope, was lucky enough to not run into any Tigers. A whole bunch of Panthers showed up though, and of course every time I took a HVAP shot at one my gunner missed. One Panther I watched take out six tanks (the last of them being my own) on his own. Really for the most part I just blundered around, making mistakes, and was mare lucky enough to survive every time my tank got knocked out while everyone around me seemed to die.

Also here's my thoughts on a longer campaign:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

to add onto this, it's not like the thread is swamped enough to where someone could possibly take up too much space or some poo poo. everyone should post about the games they find cool as it beats the hell out of genre arguments or whatever.
How can it be a Roguelike if Rogue didn't even have tanks?!

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

C'mon, guys, in this day and age you should not be running into the limits of your numerical precision.
To be fair the game did come out in 2004 and they've only really been bolting poo poo onto it since release. Honestly it's a surprise that it's not more busted.