Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
So I'm currently at level 14 and just did Golgotha. What next? Is the next quest doable or should I get some more levels under my belt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Alright then, I guess fur equipment is the easiest way to do that? I'll try to make friends with a goat man or two, RIP albino ape sidekick who vanished in the conveyor belts (and then a pile of his items dropped down next to me in the trash heap)

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Welp something vortex'd me on what I presume was the bottom floor of Bethesda, on my way back down a sky bear popped out of nowhere and one-shot me. I guess things can break out of stasis?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yeah I saw him the first time and that did happen but nothing came of it. I might just have been lucky that time. Oh well!

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I think the worst is when you run into a poison grenade at level 1 and can't do anything to not die to 2 damage a turn, haha.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I've seen a putus templar camp spawn in rust wells (or was it red rock?), haha. I happened to be a true kin at the time though...

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Just started a new game and Mehmet suicides into Ualraig. :stare:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

I really don't think enemies in Qud should have access to space time vortex or whichever mutation is the one that teleports you to a random spot on the overworld. At the very least the enemies at the bottom level of Bethesda Susa shouldn't have it. Dying is interesting, getting crippled in some way is interesting, but being instantly teleported out of the dungeon to a random map tile and being forced to walk all the way back is just incredibly tedious.

What if the enemies' version of it teleports you to a random tile in the current screen? Like the blinking tic mutation.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
So what does the repair skill actually do?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
A baetyl is asking me for 6 projectiles... arrows didn't work. I assume I can't find something that's just called "projectile."

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yeah that's what I did, no go.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Just steamrolled through Bethesda Susa with a true kin eunuch. He was very lucky with gear and walked in with 4 AV/16 DV, eigenrifle, and a electrified (5) folded carbide long sword + flaming (5) fullerite short sword. With that amount of DV I was able to tank the sky bear's onslaught with salve injectors (total accident, the rocket guy blew up the cryo cage as soon as he saw me) and I went toe-to-toe with the mechanimist wardens with no problems. Good thing empty injectors disassemble into red bits, running out of charge was never a concern and probably won't be for however long I can keep going.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Roctavian posted:

I also wish that you could mark a target with Draw A Bead from the aiming menu, the way you can use the special shots with numbers.

Hold up, you actually can do this. For me if I have that skill it shows up under the unlock hotkey in the upper left. The hotkey is 'm' while aiming.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

the glow posted:

That's impressive, I didn't realise going all-out DV was actually viable in the late game. I'm just about to go into Bethesda Susa now and the best I can do for defences is either 15/-8 or 5/17, maybe I'll give DV a try and see how it goes.

A dromad trader sold me icy vapors for free so I also had the freeze effect going my way- even without the outright shutdown on enemies that are cold resistant, getting the speed advantage helped to not die to unlucky hits.

e: I feel kind of filthy being this stacked but being a jetpack-charging laser pistol-toting dual-wielding swordsman with cyborg vision is really fun.

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 10, 2015

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Bah, I forgot to deactivate my electric sword after turning in the omonporch quest and in the ensuing shenanigans made Otho mad at me, tried to give him water to fix it, then killed him when it didn't work :v: At least my rep with the Barathrumites isn't quite at the hostile threshold.

Are there any tangible maluses to being 'cursed' by breaking the water sharing thing?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
:psyduck:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Unormal posted:

You'll be back when you hear the next plot segment is in. :q:

It better have an option to join the templar. Screw these bears and their banana feud.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I primarily play on a laptop and if the hjkl configuration grates on you stay far, far away. It also prevents you from accessing a lot of menu shortcuts.

So yeah that's probably a 'yes' to your question.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
The last area with the river should have stairs going up, eventually you get to a level where the up stairs are in the upper left corner and that brings you back to Joppa. Unforunately sometimes the map generation can screw you over and you can't get out that way unless you can dig through cave walls (possible with certain items/mutations but without clairvoyance it's guesswork). You'll probably get out faster if you follow the river back north and exit via red rock.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yeah Slog hits like a truck, can also poison you, and has way too much HP to go down quickly in a brawl. I dunno what it would take to go toe-to-toe with him safely but plan A should always be ranged weapons. Also try to clear paths in the slime with grenades in case you need to back off. It has a massive speed advantage over you if you try to wade through.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
That's hilarious.

unormal when you make volatile liquids destroy containers in your inventory please don't list it in the patch notes.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

andrew smash posted:

That's not what volatile means

Eh, what am I, a chemist?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Don't forget 'corrosive!'

*double taps space bar, chugs acid*

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
womp womp

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Numpad keys for y/n prompts would be neat as well.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yeah just zip on along the belts until you hit the bottom. Stuff will inevitably follow you down so be ready to hit the panic button if a big pink Q is within vision.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Somewhere along the waterlogged tunnel connecting Joppa and red rock is a corpse with the miner helmet and other goodies.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
That ego mod :eyepop:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Unormal posted:

*Acrobatics skill refresh
-Removed the encumbrance restrictions for Spry and Tumble

:worship:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
That's a pretty insane loadout. I don't think he would have one-shot you, as long as it wasn't some insane jetpack charge attack.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Alehkhs posted:

No one's posted the release trailer for Towerclimb yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXtAmFDZT_U

gently caress this game is pretty. I finally got my steam key in the mail from my beta purchase - can't wait to dive climb back in.

I admit that I was too lazy to look it up when people were talking about it but now I'm definitely going to grab this. Thanks :effort:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

DeathBySpoon posted:

I had never heard of it before, but this is really fun. Really easy to use UI, and I like that you start with each weapon / armor type from the start. You have a lot of options for how you want to play right off the bat, I like that.

It's screenshot saturday, which means it's time to take a look at fire and combat in Roggle:

This looks hella rad and I look forward to it. Keep it up!

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Sacrificial Toast posted:

I would like to amend this statement to mention that I now die 50% of the time to my poor ability to disco dance in what was previously a tactical shooter. I've beaten the game once with Enforcer, but no other class has managed to get past this stupid room.

Same, but if you find a co-op partner it's so much easier. A lot of aspects of the game get better in 2 player mode, tbh

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
To be fair the game is built around the expectation that you have pretty precise aim

But yeah it just shouldn't be an option if the dev holds that strong of an opinion

Flashbacks of Brigador 🤐

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Awesome! posted:

i cant think of the last pc game i played that didnt let me rebind controller buttons

Yeah that just sounds like laziness on the devs part.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Sacrificial Toast posted:

The devs did say they were going to do some major reworks on bosses in an upcoming patch. Not the one currently in the beta, but the next one. Anyway, the disco room seems to be on the chopping block. For now, really all you can do is have overwhelming crowd control and good survivability.

That's good, I don't think there's a single boss fight that feels like it belongs in the game

Edit: the arena fight is okay

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 18, 2018

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
:hai:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
It feels less feature rich but the shooting is awesome

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
More enemies > more credits? I haven't seen any other benefits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Explosives also always hurt them.