Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Quick question, has anyone been able to get this awesome Oryx Tiles to work with the latest Brogue v1.7.3 release? I'm feeling an itch of Brogue lately but don't think I can go back to none tiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Sweet, should be about 3-6 months for Oryx Tiles then!

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Unormal posted:

Sproggiwood Release-Candidate 1 key party:

Holy cow I got one! TLK04-NK7PX-NDV4Z

I'll take back that angry joke survey I did a while back now.

Fake edit: Steam says game is locked until Oct 24th.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

I just restarted Steam and it now lets me install.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Where is the save game located for Sproggiwood (Please don't say registry :/)? I would also like to request a Windowed Borderless Fullscreen option, it's a Unity game so launch options like -popupwindow -screen-width 1920 -screen-height 1200 work thankfully, but there should probably be a check box in the in game options for it.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Unormal, great job on Sproggiewood! After only 4 hours I can say that I'm really enjoying it. Roguelikes have always been hit or miss with me, hate Stone Soup for example but loved Shiren the Wanderer, I'm either really weird or maybe just to casual for the genre, but hopefully this is a good thing for you and Sproggiewood since it was able to capture me pretty well and I'm willing to bet there's many people on Steam that are in the same boat as me.

Only thing that really bugs me though is movement at times, I wish there was a press and hold way to move instead of the tap, tap, tap, tap way we have now for when it's just you alone exploring on an empty map because that's a lot of tapping, other then that, looks good for a Steam release. Oh but the save method really needs to go, I was hoping to play this at work using either the 'Cloud save' way or just use a regular USB stick to transfer, but I know you said that's on the things to do list so I'll wait.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Unormal posted:

[default & beta]
*Changed debug keybinds
*Fixed blood partially defaulting to off
*Tweaked class-reward text
*Fixed slight misalignment in gold rewards

I was gonna say, keeps me from taking nice screenshots.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc...AAFE7CAD249622/

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

For Sproggie, I noticed with the Wizard class that summoning Yeti's will drain all your stamina instead of just 3 stars like it says it will, not sure if this is a bug or a balance thing because Wizards are OP!

Edit: Bug number two! Beat the end boss on normal and achievement didn't unlock.

Im_Special fucked around with this message at Oct 24, 2014 around 00:39

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Hempuli posted:

Bug?: Are the dark-blue slimes supposed to endlessly duplicate? Every time one spawned, be it in a level or a boss fight, even if I decimated all of them at once, new ones would spawn in a couple turns.

Not a bug but they probably should be nerfed by some degree because they can get out of control quite quickly. You need to walk over that blue slim they leave behind when you kill them, that's how you keep them from respawning, else they will respawn for each blue patch left unchecked within 4-5 turns or whatever.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Cardiovorax posted:

Whoa now, it's actually done? drat, I nearly missed that completely. Good job, Unormal! I hope the sales are good!

Na, it's still alpha and should be in early access, wait at least one year.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/31172...69608574665921/

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Robot Randy posted:

How do I get access to the caves of qud beta thing?

Be a bot.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Angband just had an update to v3.5.1 like a week ago.

http://rephial.org/release/

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Scaramouche posted:

I heard about the DCSS bug that accidentally doubles character melee damage in 0.16.0. This was right when the tournament started (and nearly doubled the game win rate apparently) so they patched it out in 0.16.1, but I wanted to mess in around with 0.16.0, do you any of you guys have a link to the Windows binary?

Late but here is my copy of it. Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup v0.16.0

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

S.T.C.A. posted:

It's like Binding of Isaac crossed with Diablo and Realm of the Mad God, and tons of fun.

You just sold me on this, guess I'll finally go and install it.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Quick question about Dungeonmans, can this game be played in a fullscreen borderless window? I'm basically just looking for an excuse not to buy it at this point, but it's been tempting me for a while now ugh.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

madjackmcmad posted:

It cannot! You can play in full screen, or a bordered window as big as your screen, but not a fullscreen borderless window. Go play a better game.

Can I request this as an option for a future patch maybe? Or that you look into it if it's at least viable to do.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Feedbacker posted:

Unormal and madjackmcmad: Any plans to bring your games to GOG?

What Unormal said for Caves of Qud is how Dungeonmans works as well, I just tested and you can copy the Dungeonmans folder to any location and run it from there, Steam doesn't need to be running at all. DRM free already, go nuts.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

So back to Dungeonmans talk a bit, anyone got any tips on how to accumulate mass amounts of wealth or gear to snowball my character? I dunno I feel like I'm at a brick wall in terms of gear and the game just halted progression wise and expects me to grind a ridiculous amount for very little in return.

My guy is only level 10, I've been following this guide on how to build him so I feel he's pretty optimal at least, but most of the dungeons I do now wreck my face pretty bad or comes very close to and I need to back off until my gear gets up to snuff. I dunno how to get better gear though (I have seen some old begger in towns randomly that sells 17k gold items, but yeah 17k gold), am I just hoping for RNG to smile on me for drops or do I need to constantly reset the overworld and look or something their, in fact is that how I'm suppose to play this game by restarting the overworld over and over, if so then do I just save my purloined inventories and never use them on towns, because they will just get reset anyway, what's the strategy there?

Also I've been reading the Steam forums and have seen mention of patch 1.5 and 1.6 but my game shows 1.3a1, is this normal? Is my game not the latest version.

Miscellaneous Question: Do towns ever restock their supplies? Or is this what that reset overworld option is for?

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Frankosity posted:

The biggest lootcaches in the game are Warlord Towers AFAIK. Are you still on your first graduate?

Alright I'm going to have to look and aim for these towers then and yeah I'm on my first and only graduate still.

quote:

What Masteries have you picked up so far?

None I don't think. I'm assuming they are unlocked by filling out the skill tree a certain way? I have no idea. I'm just following the guide I linked above and using any books that help me do so faster.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

I wouldn't mind a Caves of Qud key if that's cool? I mean, everyone here gushes over it It's kinda making me feel left out.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

IronicDongz posted:

yo how do I remap my controls in dungeonmans

C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Dungeonmans\keybinds.txt

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

So in Dungeonmans I've gotten a few Radiant Shards and found a Star Shrine, anything I should know before using them? Basically I don't know what they do, it seems it just adds some life to my gear, seems lackluster for an epic enchant. The guide over on Steam says "Each body part will offer a different Cosmic benefit, with rings and melee weapons being the most potent of all." but it looks like it's the same on every gear, is this a bug? And is there any benefit upgrading the same item multiple times?

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Frankosity posted:

IIRC Cosmic armour/hats/gloves get a big Armour and HP boost iirc, Cosmic weapons get a damage boost and a ton of Starlight damage, Cosmic rings give you more HP and a flat defeat Armour/Dodge/Parry and a damage bonus, I think? It should definitely be different between different gear types.

The flat HP bonuses are actually incredible when they've stacked together, it makes your character leagues more survivable in the late game.

Ah you are right, what I did was enchant my chest, legs and boots and they were all 10 armor/30 health, but after a closer inspection, rings and weapons are different with extra Stats/10%damage/Starlight damage etc etc.

I think my guy now achieved God status... So now that I'm a mini Cosmic God, what do I do to beat this game, what's left to do? I'm guessing there is a tower or sorts I'm overlooking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

So madjackmcmad, you need to work on your Lootsplosion skill, it was all crap.

But maybe it's partly because crafting can get pretty broken by end game, not sure.

Oh and is this is as tedious as it sounds?

The worst part of the game was inventory management by far, it rivals Dredmor's crafting level of bad. A real help in this department IMO would be to add another small hotbar at the bottom for your potions/scroll needs, anything that keeps you from needing to open that pile of unsorted mess of an inventory screen. Oh and add Star filters or something too, would be great to not have to see so much junk! Oh and speed options, 2x speed I found was perfect, 1x was to slow.

Other than that, there were a few places that could use an extra pass of polish, but all in all the game was great. Good Work. Hope you haven't totally move on away from it, I would love to see some sort of mini expansion/DLC for it, I'm thinking Dredmor scale type expansions, it's probably the only way I'll touch it again, because thinking of that inventory, ugh so bad.