Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Unormal posted:

I made these animated gifs of Sproggiwood in action for the Making Games thread; I thought you guys might enjoy them:

Sproggiwood is pretty much completely playable, we're in the process of fleshing out content. Here's a few little quickly made gifs of action happening:

That is a great-looking roguelike. Just having idle animations makes a huge difference.

e: I guess Dreadmor has those, too, but those were mainly just enemies walking in place and weren't quite as lively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Dice Dice Baby posted:

Is the enhanced version of Spelunky worth it or should I just keep playing the freeware version?

It adds some new special areas and items (though I can't remember if Hell was in the freeware version), has unlockable characters, and makes some very slight tweaks to some of the mechanics. So probably worth it if you also like the change in art style, even more probably worth it if you wait for a steam sale.

e: Oh and multiplayer, like Jack Trades said. The co-op and deathmatch are both great local multiplayer games.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

I'm thinking about posting a thread, I know people are wary of "beta" stuff but this game is basically feature-complete and has recieved regular weekly updates for almost 2 years.

Go for it. Kerbal Space Program is in a similar situation (and probably even less feature complete) but goons still love the hell out of it.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I've just started getting into Qud, and for the most part it's been fairly self-explanatory, especially for a roguelike, but there's a few things I still can't figure out:

With two heads, can you get any benefit at all from having a hat on your secondary head? Through testing I figured out that it doesn't use armor/dodge bonuses or stat boots on the secondary head, but will something with a special effect like a gas mask give me any protection there?

Does wielding something in the offhand reduce your main hand accuracy? I've been holding a glowsphere and noticed that my character occasionally hits enemies with it. Until then I'd assumed that you wouldn't attack with non-weapons, but now I'm worried that it's hurting the offensive power of my real weapon.

I also can't remember where I'm supposed to be going after returning to Joppa with a girshling corpse. I know the elder gave me a location, but it's not in the quest log and it's difficult to know what on the map is supposed to represent a town.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

S.T.C.A. posted:

Regarding the girshling corpse, bring it to the elder. You have to keep it in your inv. If you already got the reward, you can just eat or toss the corpse; he doesn't take it from you.

Oh, yeah, I've done that part. I just don't remember what my goal is supposed to be after returning, like what the next plot-important city is or where. My only current quest is to gather wire for the tinkerer.

Thanks for the other answers. It's been a weird but cool experience playing such a relatively unknown roguelike, since even the times when I've been tempted to spoiler-cheat (such as what a certain herb/food does), I haven't generally been able to find the information I'm looking for.

Oh, another one, does anyone know what Intimidate and Berate actually do? The persuasion skill tree is fairly expensive so even though I'm playing an ego-based character, I have no idea if it's worth investing in.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

Where can I get some good at XP at 21 in Qud? Most things aren't really giving me XP anymore and Bethesda is a little too difficult at the moment which is where I'm at in the quest line.

Just found a slender lacquered chaingun. Jesus christ.

I'm at about the same point and I'm still getting decent exp without too much risk by fighting the goatmen in the jungle. The most basic ones just started to get exp-throttled I think (but are still giving >100 per kill), but I'm pretty sure all the others are giving the full value.

The most powerful thing I've found so far was a counterweight(2)/electric(7) Polluxus longsword. For some reason a vendor was selling it for only $150 or so.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Hmm, in QuD I just leveled my Sunder Mind skill to 11, and while I thought it was doing 2d12+4 (it even seemed like it was for a bit, maybe when it was still at 10), apparently it downgraded the dice roll to 1d12. I hope that's not intentional, but in any case it's a huge pain to know that spending points has hurt my damage with the skill. So maybe stop leveling Sunder Mind for a while if you manage to get a mindmelter to 20+.

Also, it turns out going deep into the Asphalt Mines is fantastic for experience if you have a reliable way to deal damage ignoring enemy armor. Once lava starts appearing, Great Magma Crabs become extremely common, and even though the game shows them as tough/impossible, it turns out they're all armor and have basically no damage or accuracy. I've been getting 1000 exp per kill for about 5 levels now, and I started it at 21. It also might be a bottomless dungeon? I'm on floor 40 and it's showing no signs of stopping.

lesbian baphomet fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 12, 2013

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Darval posted:

Did you get Ironshank as well?

Found this, but don't know where to get that stuff, or if it'll cure it or just slow it or what.

Amoeba slime is just the slime that spreads on the ground when you kill giant amoebas (or when you use the slime spit mutation, I think), which are fairly common underground. I don't know if you need to do anything special with it or if plain slime gathered off the ground will work, though.

Also, you should buy the disease book from the village elder in Kyakukya if you haven't yet. The remedies seem to be semi-random, since mine recommended doses of a dram of slime plus a dram of blood, rather than slime+wine, like the one in your linked screenshot says.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is there anyway other than the extremely lacking qud wiki to educate myself on the game without having to come constantly ask the thread questions? Google hasn't turned up much.

I don't think so. Occasionally google turns something up in the bay12 qud thread or some other random qud thread around the internet, but there doesn't seem to be any centralized resource other than the mostly empty wiki. Even the info in other threads can be unreliable since a lot of it is a year or two old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

I still do not even begin to understand why this is not on by default.

I'm not certain, but I think this was because it got patched into the options not too long after release.

e;fb, and apparently so.