Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
So I like RogueLikes but I hate fantasy and slashy magicky things. I love DoomRL and AliensRL and Trascendance, but is there anything else out there that I would enjoy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Nephilm posted:

Sword of the Stars: The Pit?

Good call, I forgot about that. I'll check it out.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

So many great ideas. I'm going to have some fun tonight after work! Maybe even playing some of these games!

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

PRIME is amazing. This is exactly what I was looking for, QUD I'll pick up once a graphical update is out.. for some reason the only real RL I can get into with Ascii is Doom. It's probably because I'm dumb.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Krinkle posted:

Thanks! I tried to pick up a sludge vats, it told me I could not, and then it froze up and crashed.

I don't think you can pick up sludge vats. I think you just look at them, I haven't figured out any way to interact with them.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

All this CoQ talk is making me squirm. I feel like I would really like it but man, all that ascii just turns me off.

Also, what are these in PRIME?

turn it up TURN ME ON fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 3, 2013

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

I love PRIME so much. I played as a ninja who ended up getting an evil sword accidentally grafted to his hand (oops) and survived for quite some time until I somehow got radiation poisoning and slowly died.

It's everything I wanted from a Roguelike. Lots of shooty/stabby, easy to get into (thank god for the keyboard reference), sci fi, and lots of randomness to explore. I am awful as an alien, for example.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

God drat. I'm stuck in PRIME... I can generally pick my battles fine, until a facehugger comes out. It's always a death sentence, just waiting until something pops out of my chest. Anyone find a way to abort the drat little thing?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Did I miss where someone shared the link to the poll in question? I'm curious.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Thanks! Holy cow, there are a TON of roguelikes I haven't played. I wonder how many are fake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

I haven't had a ton of time to play games lately so it's just been RLs and BF4 lately... which has been fun! I've been playing a ton of PRIME and DoomRL. Although I still haven't beat DoomRL yet. Or PRIME. I think I might have to find another good RL with tiles, that is not fantasy. Or maybe that is, and I'll finally figure out spells. They confuse me.