Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

hito posted:

Just picked up Renowned Explorers and I'm really enjoying it, seems like the first FTL clone to actually understand the pros and cons of FTL and actively improve on it. Only a few hours in so far but already dig it a lot. It has some polish/communication issues but what day-one indie game doesn't.

This is good to hear. It looked neat, and the "If you own Reus get 25% off" is tempting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

NAME REDACTED posted:

I'm going to put in what I think is the first time this game has been recommended in this thread - Monolith. I don't think it's as good as Nuclear Throne, but for a first release it feels remarkably polished. It does the same sort of thing as Isaac and Flamebreak where all the fights happen in arenas no bigger than the screen, but there's enough variety in enemies and weapon types that it hasn't felt repetitive yet. It does the BoI thing where hitting in-game achievements unlocks new equipment, but you have to choose to unlock them with persistent in-game currency, so I think you can completely ignore that if you don't want any of that. It's new enough that the developer hasn't been able to put it on sale on Steam this summer, but it's pretty cheap regardless.

Also it looks very pretty.

Wanna say Monolith is a really good game and has a free update for in two weeks to expand the game.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

You can salvage your current weapon from the map screen, I forget with which button.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Wait, really? :monocle:

Does the money reward from scrapping a weapon scale with the amount of ammo it has left, or would you always want to scrap a weapon when it's almost empty?

Bombing while having the map open in an empty room will scrap your weapon. It's a fixed amount, doesn't synergize with Salvage, and doesn't reward hp like swapping weapons would.

It's still a really good feature when you rather not open the boss door with Drill as your weapon.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
Or Snow Tanks.
You don't even need Boiling Veins if you're fast enough!