Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
In CoQ, is there a guaranteed location for each of the glotrot cure items? I've gotten to that point a couple of times, but on all of them I've died hunting around in the rear end-end of nowhere for oil or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Am I missing something? I found the goatfolk village, there's blood and bodies everywhere, I got the goatfolk parchment, but Mamon is nowhere to be found.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Unormal posted:

Working as intended, for what it's worth. ;)

S.T.C.A. posted:

I think the whole mission is a reference to Heart of Darkness. Keep following the river. The parchment also has a clue to this, sorta, if you [R]ead it.

poo poo, I knew it had to be something like that! Thanks guys. I was reading the parchment and I was all, "maybe he'll show up if I eat all these dead goat people?" Of course that didn't work, so I ended up just milling around the jungle for a while.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
They're changing the whole art style for the Binding of Isaac remake, which I'm not a big fan of - I enjoyed seeing all the different changes to Isaac when you picked up new items, and that'll be much harder to pick out in the pixelated style they're going for. Apparently they're adding more stuff, though, which might win me over.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Qudchat: the presence of "Bethsaida" made me think Qud is somewhere in New England at first, though a cursory Googling reveals there are Bethesda hospitals all the hell over. The geography itself doesn't lend itself too well there, though.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

andrew smash posted:

Why New England? Admittedly I'm not from new England so I might be missing something but Bethesda Susa made me think Maryland which is definitely not New England.

...shhhhh, that's what I meant. I'm just bad at geography. :saddowns:

(ETA: Also I'm from the South, so everything north of Tennessee is New England.)

packetmantis fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Feb 21, 2014

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Rogue Likeacy

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Unormal posted:

9WKXV-CTVRJ-MVF26

Took this one! Thank you!

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Sproggiwood trip report: game owns

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

is this a zombie guy

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Is Darkest Dungeon going to be on Steam?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Is Cataclysm DDA still updating? There hasn't been a blog post since March.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Booted up Rogue Survivor to give it a shot only to find that, in the year of our lord 2014, genders have different stats. What the hell?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Wait, does a beta key count for the release too?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Unormal posted:

Yeah, all the keys I've handed out will carry over to release copies. (assuming I understand the Steam key system properly)

:cheers:

:getin:

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
The Cornucopia skill for farmers doesn't work, at least the first level - I haven't tried the second. I just stay at the same amount of health. :(

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
http://store.steampowered.com/app/259410/

Well this looks... familiar.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Champing at the bit for Steam Qud here. Help me, Marinaaaaaa :saddowns:

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Geokinesis posted:

Anyone playing Siralim?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSWKIt0mw1Q

Roguelike elements that are optional and can be enabled at the start include permadeath, reincarnation (if a creature is dead at the end of the battle rather than it healing up it is reborn as a different creature albeit at a lower level), random creature tiers (may mess up game balance?).

The video shows it recently got a patch and better graphics, I really enjoy the kind of fantasy/pokemon feel to it especially as each creature has it's own unique perk. I think one of my early favourites is the Gimp Mummy, when it dies it unwraps the bandages to be any random creature at half health for the rest of the battle. If you use it to provoke at the start you get a fair meat shield then a chance at some interesting/useful perks if the enemies manage to kill it.

I don't think this is really a roguelike, it's more like a JRPG.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I've been playing DDA for quite a while and have seen zero fursuits, zero zombie slaves, and one vibrator. I didn't even know the first two things existed.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Well come on, what's the description?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

John Lee posted:

I'd disagree; Arcen has a history of long support and tweaks to games. the specifics change from game to game, but I'd say the post-release support has ranged from acceptable to impressive with every game except for Shattered Haven and Tidalis, the latter of which didn't need any.

I wasn't too into Skyward Collapse, but it was updated and tweaked regularly for a while, A Valley Without Wind got so much post-release support they just made a second game and you got it for free, and The Last Federation has got constant QOL and balance updates until a little after the release of the expansion, and they're not done with it yet.

To be honest, I think the post-release stuff is Arcen's whole deal. They usually release a game that COULD have been good, if some stuff was different, and then they keep shaking it up until it's really good.

If you think either AVWW game is anywhere in the vicinity of 'good' I question your ability to manage your own wallet.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
[pounds fists on table] qud qud qud qud qud qud qud

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Unormal delay Steamqud until the 29th because it's my birthday

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Is Qud going to launch at midnight (somewhere) on Wednesday, or at some other arcane Steam time?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
QUD QUD QUD QUD QUD QUD QUD QUD QUD

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
what's a baetyl's favorite movie

the true man show

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

10/10 would buy again

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Is there a way to drop something in an adjacent square in Qud?

E: whoops never mind

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Speaking of Kyakukya, in all the text except for the map and I think maybe some of the dialogue it's written as 'Kyukukya,' which one is correct?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Did you drop it and pick it up again?

E: Lore question! Since true men only come from arcologies, does that mean every single person just out in the wasteland is a mutant? Is Joemuth Watervine Farmer hiding bug arms under his burnoose?

packetmantis fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jul 18, 2015

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/07/20/caves-of-qud-review-early-access/

lmao

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Unormal posted:

[SteamQud July 21, 2015]
*Moved every remaining event to the event pooling system. What could go wrong?

What does this mean?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Unormal posted:

I used to do new Event() for every event (there are a lot). This is stupid. Now I use a pool, so I changed 50 bajillion places to Event.New(). Yay!

It's trying to stop the mono's garbage collector is a HEAP of poo poo crashes.

Oh, darn, I was hoping it meant there was a bunch more weird stuff to run into. :(

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I went to look at the Qud discussion forum for the new patch notes and made the mistake of clicking on a couple of the other topics (mostly complaining about the graphics, lol). I found this masterpiece:

quote:

Books are for women. Of course educational books are exception.

:psyduck:

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
The concept of fighting with sharpened sticks is deeply offensive to the Consortium of Phyta.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Thanks to this thread I picked up a Jack Vance collection for :5bux: and finished the first story in it (The Dragon Masters) instead of sleeping last night. So maybe that shouldn't be a thanks? gently caress you thread for turning me on to good books?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
How far down do the Grit Gate lower levels go?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
dis astranagant has some direly bad roguelike opinions and I wish he would stop posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
e: never mind I hosed it up