Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Been playing enter the gungeon on my switch lately. What's the deal with fireplaces, do you just need a particular weapon to open them? I figured there would always be a way in with what spawns but I can't figure it out. Also what's with those like catacombs rooms with an altar that are attached to the cell rooms?

I've slowly been improving in the bullet hell dodging aspect of it, but I've still not made it past the third floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Ohh poo poo I hadn't thought of that. I had tried using the special bullet time thing or whatever it's called. I figured out the switch and trapdoor a few runs ago but I hadn't had enough keys and I was only able to put out the fire when I got one of the water/ice weapons that let's you do it by shooting.

Game is fun and a nice spin off of the Isaac mold.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
So I'm still playing Pixel Dungeon on my phone because it's solid and snappy and doesn't drain my battery at all. But HOLY gently caress I can't do anything with the Enchantress. I've cleared with every other class but I can't make it past level 5 with her. Jesus.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Stark Fist posted:

I'm a fan but it would benefit massively from auto explore. Do you play Shattered?

No, I haven't tried any of the forks yet. Also in playing today I realised I had the "faith is my armor" challenge rune thing turned on at some point. :doh:

Switched it off and I at least made it to level 5 to runs in a row. Should be doable now.