Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Armoured Commander has been updated again. I'll stop mentioning every little update but this one has some good ones. Namely weather is now implemented. Now you can get your tank bogged in the mud or snow, which also dampen the lethality of HE rounds against infantry. Plus Fog, which reduces spotting and firing ranges to close range only.

In addition enemy tanks/SPGs now have to spend a turn face your tank if they want to shoot you but are at a side/rear facing and crew orders no longer reset each round.

Please don't stop posting about the cool tank game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Clever Spambot posted:

One way heroics Plus (which is the original game plus a bunch of new content) released on Playism today, the current release of it has a bad glitch where there is no music which is mostly a problem because it means you get an error popup about it every time there would normally be a music change.

I hope they fix it soon because i had a ton of fun with the original and wouldnt mind playing more of it.

Holy poo poo I didn't think that would be out for a while. Hope they fix it soon because it looks great.

Bought it anyway because I love OWH

lets hang out fucked around with this message at Apr 24, 2015 around 03:53

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Sacrificial Toast posted:

It's not on steam as of yet, but Tower Climb is an amazing roguelike platformer. Lots of tension, stupid deaths, valuable golden berries to lure you to your stupid death, and one of my favorite ideas in any platformer--double jumps are a limited resource.

This is super cool and I don't regret paying $5 for it but the latest beta version being from 2 years ago is a little disheartening

lets hang out fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2015 around 06:54

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The new quests in One Way Heroics are great. They're harder than the original "beat the dark lord" one. Just beat the force knight quest and it took absolutely everything I had to pull it off and I only managed it about one turn from death. Exciting stuff.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Do you still get blown up when the exit portal happens to appear right next to a car or whatever because that was pretty dumb

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

PantsBandit posted:

Just got a win on Afternoon Stroll in One Way Heroics. Definitely getting the hang of things now. The pet perk seems pretty useless since no matter how high level you get it, it'll still die in one hit from a decently strong enemy.

Anybody tried getting the DLC? It's not out yet on Steam but I'd really like to try it out as it seems like it adds a lot, is there any way to make the two version work together?

It's not DLC, it's a separate game. You can import a save from the original to it, not sure how exactly that works with the new unlocks though. If you buy it now on playism they'll give you a steam key when it shows up there, and you'll probably be able to just copy the save folder over at that point if running things through steam is a big deal for you. The improvements are really nice so if you're into it I'd recommend just buying it now instead of putting a ton of time into the old version.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Emong posted:

I haven't gotten to play it much, but I'm enjoying One Way Heroics Plus so far. Not sure how you unlock the new classes just yet, though. I'm guessing it's related to the castle renovation thing somehow.

Also: Don't loving tell me what to do, Iris

Yeah. When you finish daily campaigns you get more npcs for the castle. Add them to a room and talk to them and you'll begin an alternate quest to unlock a new class.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Zereth posted:

I thought it was made with an RPG Maker competitor?

Which apparently is much better at making unusual gameplay so I kinda wish it was available in english.

The developer is the guy who made wolf rpg editor, so he built it off of that. OWH was originally just a little experiment he put up on his site free to download.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Oh, so that's why One Way Heroics' controls are so weird! The game has a very simple control scheme otherwise and I had no idea why there was this random modifier key needed to move diagonally, but if they're targeting controllers then it makes a lot more sense.

Well that and people who don't have numpads on their keyboards

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ToxicFrog posted:

What's the deal with One Way Heroics Plus? Is it a remake that hasn't hit Steam yet? That never will? An expansion?

It's like a remake but you can import your original save game into it. Playism is the game's english language publisher, they're selling it exclusively on their web site for a while before putting it on Steam.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Emong posted:

You can still stack upgrades in the vault, I'm pretty sure. That message just means they get wiped on import.

You can even spend points to repair them now.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The first half is already insanely good so they'd really have to work to screw it up now.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I bought Cogmind earlier this evening and oh no now it's 2 am what happened to all that time

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Kyzrati posted:

There will eventually be five different endings of increasing difficulty, and right now the easiest route is already complete. "Easiest," but there are only 2 known wins on record, by players who've done nothing but play since release. There's a lot of content and lot to learn because you can't treat the gameplay like other roguelikes. Yesterday I met a veteran Nethack player who was telling me he couldn't get past the second floor of Cogmind

But I suggest anyone not interested in contributing to the development costs in a more significant way (which will help tip the budget in favor of outsourcing a professional OST) just wait until it's cheaper and/or I start handing out keys. This weekend GOG asked me to put Cogmind on their platform, so it's likely to be both there and Steam when complete.

Cogmind's already been playtested by about 10,000 people over the years, and gotten a ton of feedback, so it's pretty polished and at this stage is mostly a case of adding the remaining branch maps and related plot points/endings. Other than that the early release versions are aimed at adding optional QoL features requested by supporters.

Can I request that the labels that show up when you hit the 1-4 keys stay on if you hold the button

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'm really bad at Cogmind and have only managed to make any real progress like a handful of times but that guy who said the UI is good was super right. It's fantastic

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Harminoff posted:

Well hey looks like tower climb is out on steam now!

Holy poo poo.

Hey you guys should play Tower Climb because it's incredible.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

haha he removed all of the text that showed up when you picked up items and it doesn't even include a manual like the beta so tower climb is even more obtuse now. It's so good though

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Harminoff posted:

I bought it as well a few years back on an old isp email address I no longer have access to. Hopefully he adds the keys to the site as well.

You should probably tweet at them or find an address to email

apparently davioware@davioware.com

lets hang out fucked around with this message at Sep 23, 2015 around 02:03

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Fayez Butts posted:

Speaking of which, what are the controls?

I figured out that in the controls menu if you click outside the box it tells you to click on to rebind the button it'll tell you what it's currently assigned to.

Uh but by default I think X is jump, Shift is run/hold, C stores what you're holding in inventory or pulls something out if you're not holding anything, A is jump potion, S is corrosive potion, D is teleport potion, W shows your inventory, and umm I can't actually remember what the default keys are to cycle through inventory slots because I changed them immediately, sorry.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

oh nevermind Towerclimb's manual is in Steam http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/s...df?t=1442936282

also I was watching a guy stream it the other day and he figured out that if you're holding run and press jump + left or right at the same time you can do a high jump at running speed, which wasn't possible in the betas. A dev was in the chat and he said it was a bug that he left in intentionally because it's cool.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at Sep 23, 2015 around 22:49

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I dunno why they recorded that trailer with the butt ugly smoothing filter on. Game looks really nice without it.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

transitioning from the side of a block to hanging underneath it seems even trickier than usual with a gamepad. I guess that isn't essential but it's sure nice sometimes

e: well maybe it's not so hard. feels weird to use an analog stick for this but i can't get dpad to work really at all

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Jordan7hm posted:

weird, it wasn't detecting my pad. I'll try again.

e: it works, but the controls are not good, because it detects diagonals via the combined input. gamepad seems basically unusable. Am I doing something wrong here?

Nope. Maybe they'll patch it.

You can use xpadder or something like it and bind the diagonals to hit both directions at once, like this

Or you can use an analog stick. When you do there's a funny thing where if you're on the side of a wall and you hold the stick toward the wall you'll grip it instead of sliding down, like you would if you were holding the jump button. Which uh is really nice and makes the game a lot easier to control, but I can't figure out any way to get it working with digital controls.

maybe some other program could mirror the analog stick to the dpad, that would do it. I can't figure out how to make xpadder do that.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at Sep 26, 2015 around 21:41

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

honestly after trying like 10 different ways to control towerclimb i think just plugging in a 360 controller and using the analog stick works best

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

a wizard mugged me and then threw me in lava

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ToxicFrog posted:

Some gamepads actually have a built in toggle for swapping the analog stick and dpad; on Logitech controllers it's a"mode " button underneath start/select.

I did eventually get exactly what i wanted by plugging in a dualshock 4, setting the movement to the analog stick in the game, and then mirroring the analog stick to the dpad with ds4windows. so now I can switch between the stick and the dpad whenever and I stick to walls when I'm using the latter. Totally ideal.

I caught a stream of a guy doing some late chapter 2 stuff and it is loving unreal where this game goes. Really incredible.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

finally made it to chapter 2 of Towerclimb and I am loving beside myself over here

lets hang out fucked around with this message at Oct 18, 2015 around 20:52

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'm dying every twenty seconds and I'm so happy about it

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Mr. Wednesday posted:

Towerclimb chapter 2 is totally wrecking my poo poo. I've made it to the Volt Caves like twice out of 200 attempts just to get mauled by those super-fast spider/beetle things D:

Those things are hosed up and I hate them

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

oh nice towerclimb got a patch like a week ago to add a tutorial and let you stick to walls easily and easy mode and some other stuff

hope they get the soundtrack up to buy soon

best change by far is that they sped up the cycles in the volt cave so it's massively less tedious

lets hang out fucked around with this message at Nov 1, 2015 around 06:23

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Speaking of towerclimb, finally made it through the volt cave, yeah!

oh nooooooooooooooooooo

e:

I want to cry

lets hang out fucked around with this message at Nov 8, 2015 around 02:43

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Mercury_Storm posted:

I can't give a number but I burned out on towerclimb after a bit because the base climbing speed was really slow, and progress felt glacial if you never got one of the random climbing speed glove upgrades. This was in the beta version so I don't know if the guy ever adjusted it. If it wasn't for that I'd rate it higher than spelunky though.

Apparently they did increase climbing speed at some point but I don't know if it was before or after you played. It's still pretty slow but I just try to do as much jumping upward as possible instead. Don't spend too much time on walls after the hatchery. If you paid for the beta than you can just email them at davioware@davioware.com to get your steam key and see if you like it better now.

e: realized I maybe don't remember enough about spelunky to actually compare the two

lets hang out fucked around with this message at Nov 8, 2015 around 04:13

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

started on chapter 1 for the first time since i beat it and made it all the way from there to zardoland and wow is it satisfying. like i figured it was a fluke that i ever made it to chapter 2 at all but maybe i actually got better at the game???

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The Zenith is a loving nightmare. Like it should be easy compared to the Seg Plant or whatever but god it's nerve wracking

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

(towerclimb spoilers) ahahaha get hosed zardo. I love this game so much

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Awesome! posted:

suddenly i want to know more about towerclimb. that is not what i expected from looking at the games store page

things start off pretty mundane, with your bug level and your plant level and your lava level, but the second half of the game really goes places.

with a lot of these roguelike platformer things i feel like they don't go far enough, like by the end i always wish things escalated further and there was more to do. i don't think towerclimb has that problem. there's just so much crazy poo poo to find and die horribly to.

btw here's a video of the fun thing i posted in spoiler tags. it's got some dude's face down in the corner yelling a lot but i mean like 3 people play this game so this is as good as it gets for videos.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Mr. Wednesday posted:

Towerclimb chat: What's the deal with the eyeball dudes in the Temple of Devotion? I thought the gimmick was you can't move while their gaze is passing over you, but they seem to be chasing me even when I'm standing still. Just hosed my game by having this happen twice (no sword). Is it line of sight in addition to movement?

You're not getting really close to them are you? If you're in the green cones you'll set them off moving or not. If it's not that, I dunno what's happening to you. Never had them come after me when it wasn't obvious that it was my fault. If they're beelining at you from across the map for no reason maybe report it on their forums or the steam forum so if it's a bug they can fix it.

e: if you're getting caught by the red cones when you're pretty sure you aren't moving maybe it could be some kind of analog stick problem? Like the stick is old and it leans to the side just the tiniest bit? Had that happen with controllers before. Dunno if that would set them off though.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at Nov 13, 2015 around 14:18

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

oh wow, that sucks. Whenever they see me I take it as my cue to start burning jumps like crazy, since if I do manage to get away at least I can count on there always being a witch outside the zenith. And also, from my extremely limited experience there, I think the zenith's random generation is less inclined to present you with situations where you need jump potions, and if that's true you might as well burn them when you do need them. Maybe?

oh also you can try nailing the eyes with corrodes. You probably won't kill them unless you brought a lot with you but it does get them away from you and it takes them like a second or two to recover.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

packetmantis posted:

I tried Towerclimb and the tutorial was like 30 minutes of complex keyboard interactions so I gave up.

Try the manual http://store.steampowered.com/manual/396640

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

yeah i'm pretty good at video games

«2 »