Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

BexGu posted:

Did any one get into the beta for the Double Fine RAD game? Reading the steam forums the game seems pretty fun but really shallow.

I played it for around two hours. Was a fun isometric platformer where you hit stuff with a bat. Also had performance issues that have since been ironed out I was told.

Never got very far or figured out the gimmick for grabbing items in the pools of toxic water that damaged you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I played a few hours of Azure Dreams way back. At the time I eventually got tired of my level and progress reseting.

If it's aged well I probably wouldn't mind it now.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Been playing Slay the Spire for the past few weeks since I finally remembered to redeem my Humble Monthly Key. Have only played the first two characters, Ironclad and Silent so far, but that's because I have a compulsion to get the unlocks before trying the next.

Ironclad is straight forward hit things hard then harder, but Silent I threw in the towel on and quit out to repeat fights like a puzzle game to get my 1 kill against the 3rd boss. It just doesn't feel like there's enough cards in any one focus (poison stack, shiv, or discard for damage) to pick one early on. Fun idea though.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah, it's been picking up some traction due to exposure from streamers/youtubers. pretty fun for what it is, where you exist as the bullet hell yourself and strategize as well you can to maximize your damage output to fight off the ever-increasing hordes. hard to go wrong for 3 bucks, and it's got enough to sink your teeth into for a bit already. i guess the connections to roguelikes is debatable but whatever.

I figure the connection is from the permanent upgrades and single life. Two checkboxes off the bat!

Got linked on IRC one night, then multiple people I follow on Twitch were streaming it the next day so I caved, and then I just gifted it to a friend since it's cheaper than a coffee+tip. My only real issue (for now since it's early access) is that a complete run takes 30 minutes and one of mine fell apart at 29:42 or 29:24 :mad: