Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dice Dice Baby
Aug 30, 2004
I like "faggots"

doctorfrog posted:

A good roguelike isn't one that hates you, it's one that just doesn't give a poo poo about you.

I think you perfectly synthesized what I feel the philosophy of what a roguelike should be

There's an interesting software called Necklace of the Eye (NotEye, http://www.roguetemple.com/z/noteye.php) which I didn't find posted in the OP.
It's a frontend for
  • Hydra Slayer
  • Brogue
  • nLarn
  • Rogue
  • DoomRL
  • Drakefire Chasm
  • NetHack
  • ADOM
  • Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
  • Frozen Depths
  • TopDog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dice Dice Baby
Aug 30, 2004
I like "faggots"

Unormal posted:

I made these animated gifs of Sproggiwood in action for the Making Games thread; I thought you guys might enjoy them:

Sproggiwood is pretty much completely playable, we're in the process of fleshing out content. Here's a few little quickly made gifs of action happening:

Warrior charges:

Wizard teleports and kill some stuff with frost ring:

Farmer chucks a pumpkin to kill a group of slimes:

Adorable?

ADORABLE! :swoon:

Will it be ported to Android?

Dice Dice Baby
Aug 30, 2004
I like "faggots"
Is the enhanced version of Spelunky worth it or should I just keep playing the freeware version?

Dice Dice Baby
Aug 30, 2004
I like "faggots"

Corridor posted:

Oh sweet, I didn't realise it's on Steam sale.

But I've spent too much on games lately, I dunno whether to get it now or wait to see if it drops further in the Xmas sale :ohdear:
It usually starts like this...

Get help: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3387318