Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

I agree that the unlocks in FTL are bullshit in terms of RNG reliance; I've gotten the stasis pod and opened it multiple times just to have no Rock homeworld afterwards. I can't even remember if I finally unlocked the crystal ship or not.

Really though, there's no "I *need* XYZ" to beat the game condition. I used to think that, but over time, you find that there's a lot of really easy ways to deal with most of the scenarios you encounter, and to be prepared for the final boss. If I manage to overcome my chronic lazyassitis, I'll set up an FTL stream (and hopefully not totally contradict myself).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Darval posted:

Okay so I screwed up in CoQ and got the stupid disease from the slug. How do I get rid of it?

Ah, poo poo. poo poo. I'm gonna get that too, I think. I'd also like this spoiler.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Dammit, you just ruined FTL for me, because now I want that :(

Darval posted:

Did you get Ironshank as well?

Found this, but don't know where to get that stuff, or if it'll cure it or just slow it or what.

I don't know; I got a message that I was poisoned and that it hurt, and I'm not sure otherwise since it hasn't been very long since I killed him. Is there a literal status indicator somewhere, or some way I can know? I assumed that it would eventually crop up in some obvious way and just hasn't yet. How long would you say it took you to realize you had caught it?

I definitely caught glotrot. I can't sell poo poo, but luckily I have a huge stockpile right now. Haven't caught Ironshank yet, hopefully I won't; my movespeed hasn't changed and my tongue's already bled out and regenerated multiple times, but hasn't fallen out. drat, I was next to the jungle village and thought I had to go to Joppa for some reason for the cure. The best part? My tongue rotted out completely as I just reached Kyakukya. My conversation option is "Nnnnnnnn." I could use my ubernostrum, but I'd rather hold on to it if I can disassemble it way later; hopefully I can regen my tongue by hunting around the village till it grows back. Time to kill Mamon, ha.

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 13, 2013

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Dungeonmans is so good that I bookmarked that thread in addition to this one. If you want the feel of a classic roguelike streamlined with modern features and good humor, give it a shot; the only thing it doesn't have is autoexplore, but it's otherwise awesome and challenging. The abilities are fun to use, too, especially Stick and Move aka awesome controlled 3-range teleport with a free attack.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Dungeonmans is a great roguelike, try it if you haven't! It's still pre-alpha but it's shaping up amazingly.

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jul 30, 2015

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Bouchacha posted:

Has there been any changes to ToMe's difficulty curve? 95% of fights are boring filler that provide no challenge and lull you into this false sense of security right before you get two-shotted by some random unique that has 35 levels in earthquake or something.

Last I played (about a year or two ago) they capped the skill levels uniques could spawn with, so probably?

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Klaus Kinski posted:

I'd impulse buy this at $5-7 or so, but 12€ for what looks like Arena of Isaac? gently caress you.

Good news! It's currently on sale for $6.50: http://www.desura.com/games/hero-siege

E: Every review of it seems like it's just BoI with more items and fewer quality of life improvements or something equally dismal; haven't played it myself. Looks neat though.

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 20, 2013

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

I'm not sure if ADOM changed, but I think there's also level caps on certain areas so if you go too high of a level, you can't get into the Pyramid I think. Which isn't really a huge deal unless you need some of the guaranteed items from it, but they're pretty common (aside from the artifacts).

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

I'm not sure what I'm looking at, but I have this strange desire to play it.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Zombie Samurai posted:

Actually, this made me think. Are there any sci-fi roguelikes that play in the traditional way? I mean, there's FTL, Teleglitch, and Risk of Rain to an extent, but I'm talking about something like Nethack with laser guns and nanites and poo poo. Is DoomRL as close as it gets?

Caves of Qud is literally that. Lasers, nanite tinkering, mutants, and more in a post apoc setting. Even robots!

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Pimpmust posted:

Didn't find it mentioned, or a seperate thread for it, but I noticed a Early access game called Dungeon of the Endless that claims to be some sort of rogue-like dungeon-defense hybrid thingy.

The art direction seems top-notch, anyone got any experience with it?

Jeeeeeez, that looks amazing. I'll have two opinions for you later, ha.

E: This is the video that sold me on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtVdbon7yZ0

E2: Welp either Steam is being ddos'd again or it's just down. Bummer. TAKE MY MONEY, STEAM :mad:

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jan 4, 2014

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Pimpmust posted:

Didn't find it mentioned, or a seperate thread for it, but I noticed a Early access game called Dungeon of the Endless that claims to be some sort of rogue-like dungeon-defense hybrid thingy.

The art direction seems top-notch, anyone got any experience with it?

First, plugging this video of DotE again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtVdbon7yZ0 (I won't post it again, I promise.)

I've played it for about an hour and would still be playing it if I didn't have to go do stuff right now. DotE plays like a cross between FTL and a light 4X game with some interesting streamlined RPG mechanics (roguelike mechanics? heh). Very high potential, good amount of content so far. For $10, I'm really looking forward to the release.

The gameplay is pretty solid and you have to move your dudes around FTL-style. If you liked managing crews and systems in FTL but wished there was more roguelike in your roguelike-like (-lite?) then this is a good game. It still has a decent challenge; I've made it to level 3 on my second attempt and learned a lot about survival. If you didn't like the FTL crew/systems management access in FTL, you might still like this game because the level of micro is nowhere near the same as FTL; I did just fine by making sure my crew manned my generators before opening a door, and then just sending them all to my chokepoint for fights. That's really it, and pulling dudes in and out of rooms to juggle attacks sometimes if I didn't want to waste food on heals. There may be more later, that's all I saw so far.

One thing (for anyone who ends up playing it) is that if you don't open a door to your crystal, enemies won't either. This means as you start to reach levels where your crystal has multiple doorways from it, you can try to funnel enemies in one way as long as you never open the door and the level happens to connect. Level 2 didn't, but my level 3 had all doors eventually connect due to a massive labyrinth of a level layout.

I feel like it has a decent challenge, though I do expect to beat the third level (which I think is the end of the alpha) on my next attempt. For some kind of reference to my RL experience there, I can reliably beat FTL and have a bunch of wins there, but have only gotten 3 runes on Crawl and never beat a true RL (like ADOM or Crawl or ToME or Nethack or anything).

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 5, 2014

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

_jink posted:

ahh thats more reasonable

That is really awesome.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

:pcgaming:Dungeons of the Endless:pcgaming:

tl; dr: Currently in alpha with 3 levels of its intended 12 and limited heroes/items/skills, very high on potential, very fun.

I beat the Dungeon of the Endless alpha in just under 1 hour and 5 minutes with 1271 points. My girlfriend beat it on her first try in about 3 hours of meticulous play after losing all but 1 crewman late on the first level. It's a little lean on content at the moment, but it's an early access alpha with a disclaimer to remind you "this is an alpha," the gameplay is very fresh, and the potential for lots of replay value and varied games is very obvious when playing it. If you like early access or plan on buying it at release, it's a good preorder if you can spare the :10bux:. The devs are also claiming to aim for updates to the alpha every 2 weeks once they finish their holiday time off, so we'll see how that pans out.

There are some interesting mechanics in the game, shallow as their interaction currently is without the final resource and no idea what actual late game difficulty looks like (the alpha is 3 levels, the full game is 12 levels).

An example is how Dust, one of the 3 current resources, works. From one level to the next, you can carry over Industry (build stuff like generators, defenses, buff-turrets) and food (upgrade and heal your team members) but not Dust.

Dust is arguably the most important because it powers rooms/everything you build with Industry and you can't expand your base without Dust; every room is powered with the Dust currently in your Crystal, so you have to keep Dust, you can't just 'buy' power to a room and forget it. You have to build up Dust each level; your Crystal, the thing you have to protect it with your tower defenses and heroes, uses the Dust to power the rooms. Your Crystal starts with 30 Dust, enough for 2 rooms and the Crystal's room. This is thematically shown by heaving the Crystal up on a hero, disconnecting power and leaving its non-starting Dust behind, then carrying it to the next level where you find more Dust.

On top of that, Dust is also used to buy items from merchants (and merchants will give you dust for selling items).

I fully cleared every level before advancing. Whenever I could, I kept merchants alive until the end of the round. During the round, I'd sell excess gear; at the end of the round, before disconnecting my Crystal, I'd power down all the rooms that weren't essential for my run to the exit, buy everything the merchant had with all the dust I could, then power up whatever rooms I thought would help me reach the exit. Then I'd just haul the Crystal over.

Oddly enough, my level 3 exit was 2 doors away from my Crystal start, so it was kind of an anticlimactic ending for me once I fully explored the level. I was hoping for a really drawn-out fight with my max-level-for-the-alpha 4-hero cornfed death squad.

As far as updates go, the devs are pretty community-centric, even giving the community options on what goal they should focus on next with their Games2Gether site, which they also have a progress roadmap on. I haven't followed that very closely, but it's an interesting idea that they apparently have used in the past; DotE is from the makers of, and in the same universe as, the game Endless Space? I never played that, but I'm curious about it based on the setting of DotE.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Pladdicus posted:

Dungeons of Endless is pretty neat, it's kind of empty right now, so I hope that development adds some depth. Getting additional characters is so potent it can pretty much make a run right now.

Additional characters with high Wit especially, since they pump production.

Personally though, the biggest game changer is finding upgraded turret blueprints. Taking a room from basic turrets to Teslas or Claymores helps a whole lot if you've managed to create a chokepoint layout with the rooms you power.

Also, small bug in DotE, if a character's wit changes while they manipulate a generator, they have to step away from the generator and back to update the counts for how many resources you get on door-opening. This means if you level up/equip an item with more wit, the character has to step off the generator and back on.

On the flip side, if you have a crewman to spare, you can equip a lot of wit gear if you have it, put him on a gen that's not likely to be attacked/won't take him off the gen, then take the gear off off and you retain the bonus of wearing it until he steps off the gen; you can then equip that gear to a mechanic/some other crewman to basically get double wit from gear. It's totally not needed since the alpha throws resources at you once you get used to the game, and will be patched (I assume) but it's still there right now.

I'm super hyped over DotE getting more content because it's one of the most fun games I've played since FTL, but FTL is also my favorite non-traditional roguelikes.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

All you bastards talking about Sil made me install Sil.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

I started playing Sil and then it made me miss ToME somehow.

For anyone who used to play ToME, I just bought it off Steam since I never donated before, and it automatically imported my previous control scheme and online account. Pretty neat.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

I assume part of why FTL gets hate from a lot of roguelike players is because it's partially twitch-related. Once you learn how to time weapon combos using the pause feature, lots of non-sensical combinations open up, and it's why the Stealth ships are really not the challenge ships (looking at you, Engi-B, you worthless turd). You can beat the flagship with ion weapons and beams, missiles alone, a droneship, both cloaking ships EASY, without cloaking easily depending on your weapon/boarding capabilities, etc. I mean, reading the last few pages, you'd think you NEED cloaking, 4 shields, 2 defense drones, and burst laser 2's firing alongside Pegasus missile launchers. You absolutely don't.

The one thing I will 100% admit to is the tedium of the game at points because the most reliable way to expand your capabilities regardless of the RNG is killing crews with minimal damage to their ship, which usually means knocking out their O2 plus weapons and/or engine then waiting for their crew to asphyxiate (unless you have a boarding crew you can use in which case it's time for :black101: in space).

It's for that reason that the Engi-A ship is possibly the greatest in the game. You can asphyxiate people all day erry day and the Ion Burst II it starts with fires fast enough that if you can cycle it properly, it'll keep two systems disabled at a time, especially if you knock out their helm control or board to keep the enemies off the helm so that they can't dodge anymore. Once I got to see how Engi-A deals with things (it has the non-lethal Burst Ion II and the seemingly-unreliable Attack Drone I) it helped me a lot to think about how I could apply various unorthodox tactics to other ships.

drat you all for making me want to go play some FTL. Don't you know I have Netrunner decks to obsess over?!

E: Also if you don't say :whatup: to the Rebel fleet on the way to the boss before sector 8, you aren't really cutting it super-close space-bandit style. You also get more loot (from the extra sectors, not from the fleet itself, they give you nothing except 1 fuel if you kill them but you really just need to jump away) which is why I agree that the timer style is pretty fun. Time to install that expansion...

E2: mother of god the unlock system finally makes more sense, this is amazing; now you just have to beat the game with the previous models; and TYPE C SHIPS!

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Apr 17, 2014

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Dungeon of the Endless is shaping up really well. The new character unlock and research systems make the game more sensible mechanically. I haven't had a chance to play it at length, and there are a lot of balance changes (inventory not equipped is wiped between floors now!) But it's really starting to feel like a roguelike tower defense hybrid that makes sense and plays well.

I will admit that I love FTL and the game is basically (control wise) FTL on foot.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

For those interested, ToME just came out with a fairly large update that has more than a couple class revamps. Brawler is apparently the new hotness.

http://te4.org/blogs/darkgod/2014/05/news/tales-majeyal-120-aka-exercise-vital-powers-released

Noooooooooo, years of careful study, lost...

So can Stonewarden skills be taken on the Adventurer class without a mod now, or what?

E:

Removed Aim rooting effect
Sunder Armour now also reduces saves and shatters damage shields

Lookin pretty sweet!

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

ToxicFrog posted:

Highly recommend the ZOmnibus pack that that's a part of, it's just a bunch of small quality of life improvements.

The Zigot/Adventurer parties aren't a big deal because they generally don't chase after you, but the Orc parties are an enormous pain in the rear end because they psychically know where you are and will hunt you down wherever you go. And the loot isn't nearly as good for their depth as the wandering encounters in the West are.

Nor is the exp that great, and even when you can literally walk through them and watch them die around you without fear, there are just sooooo many.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I would play the poo poo out of a Super Mario roguelike.

That said, that game doesn't exist so far.

You could play Super Mario RPG and erase your save if you ever lose a battle! Clearly a roguelike.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Farquar posted:

Can we ban the word 'roguelike' from the roguelike thread?

I'd prefer auto-replacing all instances of it with "festooned abacus" tbqh

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

ufarn posted:

Is the only way I can heal in Rogue Legacy by finding food from destroyed objects?

Pretty much, yeah. I mean you can get some backgrounds or traits or whatever that may heal you tiny bits in weird ways, or vampiric gear which heals you when you kill stuff (but reduces your max hp to nothing) and some other stuff like that but by and large, yup, you find food in broken vases and you learn to like it.

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jul 30, 2014

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

oriongates posted:

Sadly, it became completely irrelevant because I died a very, very stupid death indeed. Basically I forgot that I was a drakeling (I've been intrinsically invisible for the last 10 levels or so), slapped on the ancient mummy wrappings and went to explore the Ice Queen's domain, confident in my invincibility to cold and otherwise excellent stats. I forgot that basically all elementalist spells are worthless there but figured I'd bash up some ice statues before I left. I failed to notice my speed had dropped to 29 by the time I opened the door. I actually managed to make it all the way back to the edge of the map by praying every other turn or so as they whittled my hp down...but I couldn't escape with so many adjacent to me and every time I cleared a few away my speed meant four more took their place.

I'd even left my uber-elemental behind in the caverns of chaos because it wasn't cold-proofed.

*sigh*

Aw, I never got that far, can you not light yourself on fire to warm up and regain speed there?

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Unormal posted:

Hand of Luke and I crushing robots in our very first working sesson of co-op PvE.

Amazing! How do "turns" work?

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

DIablo (1) was directly inspired by Nethack, so pretty much a Rogue-like game.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Snapjaw scavengers can apparently scavenge grenades :( I mean, it makes sense, but that's like, 0.1% of my deaths, getting naded early enough that it actually does enough to kill me (L3 on my way to the Rustwells on foot).

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

the glow posted:

If you start as an Artifex you have a number of ways to luck into heat-generating gear - you can start with thermal grenades in your inventory, or with the data disk that lets you tinker them, or Argyve may be selling the disk. You have Tinker II right out the gate so you can learn the recipe immediately. (Other less probable possibilities: thermal grenades, disks, or flamethrower in Tam's shop).

So I roll a few Artifexes and once I get one that has access to thermal grenade II+, I buy enough bits to tinker two (your starting equipment is worth enough in trade to buy these bits), go a couple of cells north of Joppa and throw them at some shale. Collect the lava in a waterskin (careful, it's hot). One waterskin of lava even with rock-bottom Ego is worth like $5000 so you now effectively have unlimited money forever. Again, it's cheaty as you need to roll a few starts before getting one with the means to melt shale, but it's fun being the wasteland millionaire, and it turns Ego into a pure dump stat so you have more points to put in places that are actually important long-term. If you're morally opposed to rerolling starts I think there's maybe a mutation that lets you generate heat (?), so you could possibly also do it that way.

Dammit. Just did this. Took me 5 thermal grenades. Now I'm level 1 and carrying 10k of lava, which is about to become way more.

I... am still gonna play through because I love tinkering, but I assume that'll get patched. Ever-burning flaming waterskins full of lava are funny, though.

For anyone curious, I took Psychometry plus whatever I wanted, rerolled till I started with a Thermal Grenade, read its history, then bought as many bits as I could afford to make more thermal nades and threw them at shale in Redrock. 5 of them melted the shale, not sure if just waiting would've triggered it eventually anyway.

Then you walk next to the lava (not in it) and ctrl-G to nearby-get the lava. I walked back to town and bought a single waterskin (I had none left) and poured 20 drams in there to buy out Tam's whole inventory before doing the same at Argyve's.

E: I assume that lava kills anything that walks over it, so I look forward to making lava-moats while I blow poo poo up with laser rifles and rocket launchers. Thanks, waterskins!

E2: also the image of my dude walking around in leather moccasins, bark armor, and a chaingun is pretty funny.

E3: I don't think any mutation for heat (Pyrokinesis or Flaming Hands) will actually work as the shale cools down long before you can melt it in between cooldowns. That was my first attempt.

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 1, 2015

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

I LIKE COOKIE posted:

Does Realm of the Mad God count as a roguelike? Does that game have its own thread nowadays?

Is it still basically, "join a giant murdertrain, try not to die, collect loot," or did it get deeper?

To clarify for anyone who hasn't played, it is an awesome game for what it is, which is a shmup roguelike. Except the levels aren't quite randomly generated, iirc.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Man, that scalding steam in Qud that looks exactly like the harmless smoke from fire based attacks that instantly kills you if you are low level sure is rough. 2 steam deaths in a row on 2 very good starts.

Looking at things is so important in Qud. I just lost two awesome lavatinkers to easily avoidable deaths because I'm not used to tiles and "man the L key is so far away." Totally swapping L and X before I play again, before I opt to just go back to ascii tiles in a fit of not having to re-learn things.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

How good is sleep gas generation in Qud? I'm thinking of tinkering with my main build a bit so I'm not using paralyzing stinger, since apparently a back slot is extremely useful to have later in the game. Sleep gas seems like it would be a decent alternative, even if it means giving up corrosive gas.

I'd be curious too. I assume it doesn't work on robots and that there are loads of them.

Are flamers really the end all weapon in qud? Can oil be crafted?

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Clever Spambot posted:

There any plans to make unarmed more of an option in Qud? Sometimes i want to try to negate my terrible luck with loot but don't want to play a pure esper.

I'm really curious to see what the hell a Fuming God-Child is supposed to do. I assumed they would be an unarmed class, but they're just... weird.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Helical Nightmares posted:

:neckbeard: Very interested to see how you are going to solve the hoarding artifacts problem.

YES! Seriously, whether you're Psychometric or not, high Ego or not, it's a thousand times harder to get bits you need without Expert Disassemble, which means beelining for 25 int or stashing stuff even longer than necessary.

Also, making only 5 lead slugs at a time is super weak, unless higher tinker skill yields more ammo. Granted I've never lived long enough to ever run out of ammo once I hit Grit and Goatstown, but still.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Cogmind is crazy fun, wow.

Is the best approach for hacking to just never do it until you have a hacking suite and a good reason to hack? I don't fully understand threat levels and traces in that even after reading the manual, I can only assume trace equals bad, and that I may critically fail on accessing a terminal which immediately screws me. Also I'm pretty sure I've had robots rush to find me after I failed hacks but without traces, though it could be bad luck/their own sensor arrays.

I love the fact that your build is very much in flux until you really understand what you're doing. I've made it through 5 evolutions on my best run and was rocking 3x VTOLs with a chainsword and gauss cannons for like, two floors with a branch or two, but eventually I faced off against too many cannon-wielding Slayers and Soldiers before I pushed myself into a corner. Really helped that on floor 1 or 2 I found a sensor array with two flight modules.

The game really captures the "escaped prisoner with no idea where to go" vibe, in a really fun way since you're constantly refitting yourself with the parts the fallen :black101:

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

dis astranagant posted:

Recoilers are basically a one way town portal. AFAIK they only go to Joppa and Grit Gate and completely drain a solar cell when used. Argyve gives you a Joppa recoiler when you finish his quests.

Are solar cells that crappy?? I can't check objects to compare energy cap between solar and chem.

Unless it's been changed, a recoiler only drains 5 drams worth of water off a Chen cell.

5 drams as in "argyve charges 5 drams to recharge my fully charged chem cell after I use a recoiler." I think, anyway. It's cheap.

Solar cells sound super awful :-/

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Ahhh, Qud: I don't always lava-cheat, but when I do, I pour it into a little pile next to Tam's hut for ease of use.

I was pouring out 3 of the 5 drams of Magmatic Salt I was carrying (that's what lava turns into when you pour it onto a saltmarsh tile) and either I immediately hit some hotkey I don't know about that forces me to drink from what I last poured from, or there was a bug, or the game actually prioritizes drinking lava if it's in your inventory as a form of anti-cheating, because I suddenly died from drinking lava.

IT BURNS!!! I should've grabbed a screenshot, it was pretty funny.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

amuayse posted:

How do you guys deal with goatfolk? They don't gently caress around, especially the grenadiers.

The sowers (grenadiers) will not throw if they don't see you, so duck behind a tree once they do and wait for them to get close. If pointblank, they won't throw a seed.

Course, if there are also wardens or whatever the riflegoats are, then it gets dicey.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

victrix posted:

I've been using the FTL OST as my soundtrack for Qud, and while it works pretty well, I demand a proper Qud soundtrack.

Also it better have acoustic guitar in there somewhere or I will be sad.

Mark Morgan's Fallout sound track is pretty awesome.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i'm still quite partial to the dwarf fortress theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6FXeupOp04

Genius.

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

dis astranagant posted:

A few mutations scale really, really well past 10. Light manipulation, for example, starts gaining +1 damage every level instead of every other level and a few have their cooldowns scale to 5 really fast (including mass mind :getin:).

Is Mass Mind that good, or is it just something you should only take once you're higher level? I took it around level 9 or 12 on one of the few espers I rolled, maybe earlier, and I got a lot more of the negative effects than anything else (the random "SOMEONE TAPS YOUR MIND!" or whatever, it was going off like crazy) but this was pre-Steam release too.