Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Speaking of fake versions, are some characters named exactly the same? Or is that at least unique for each version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Gyoru posted:

Some are named exactly the same so the only way to differentiate between them is remembering their sprites. DBZ characters are very prone to this.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Also, it's a pretty unique feeling of shame to "accidentally" bet a lot on a bad version of a character and then have it displayed to the world that you and a couple of other idiots just wasted a bunch of fake bucks and are on the wrong end of 1:100 odds.

e: Nemesis actually almost won a match earlier, because he somehow managed to actually lang 2-3 hits per round which all did like 25% damage.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I won $11,000 earlier today off of a random upset, and I'm completely ashamed of how excited/happy I was after it happened.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Whizbang posted:

Just got taken by that fraudulent piece of poo poo Popeye.

At least you weren't the guy who just lost $215,000 on that. (Please tell me that was you)

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
MSPaint supremacy continues.

e: MSPaint tier so good it can even hit the short hitboxes.

VDay fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Aug 6, 2013

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
gently caress Esmeralda.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Always all in on DBZ. :colbert:

Last Bet $5000 on Gogeta ssj4
Odds 1:1 ($4913)

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Holy poo poo that was a tense fight. I actually fist-pumped when Mature won (gently caress that dude's sword attack). What has this stream done to me, why am I not sleeping :qq:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
In a game with OHK supers, constantly mashing jab continues to be the most overpowered move. Thanks for the bucks Chief!

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
MSPaint really is god tier.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Green Lantern doesn't gently caress around :stare:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Jonn Jonnz is above this senseless violence.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
God damnit, the one time Brando gets caught in War Machine's super :(

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Cammy's legit as hell.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

thuly posted:

Over a million on Yamazaki :ohdear:

The 71113 are stupid good from what I've seen so far.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

t3h z0r posted:

Salty needs to do some housecleaning on the clones (and DBZ characters)

I dunno, I think not being able to pin down exactly which characters are always the best is part of the fun. This would get pretty boring if it only used "real" fighters since you'd inevitably memorize all of them after watching for a day or two. I've probably only watched for a total of like 6 hours and I already see repeats fairly often and have a general strategy for a lot of them.

Mind you, it usually doesn't matter because they might just end up getting one-shot by a full screen OHK super, but I imagine the problem would be even worse if there were way less characters/doubles.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Bahaha 404:1 odds.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Ishin posted:

OH no, did I miss the 1H KO Raditz?

Yeah, followed by the OHK superman magneto re-skin. Which was great because round 1 he got absolutely destroyed because he never landed a hit. Then swept the next three rounds in like 10 seconds.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Token Cracker posted:

All in on Amingo. gently caress DBZ.

:smug::respek::smug:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
code:
Supergirl vs Ryuuoutan 	7088 on Supergirl 	Supergirl 	18668
:smug:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Lost everything on that loving Abui. gently caress you Plastic Man you worthless piece of poo poo.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Bet conservatively for two days, got up to 18k, went all-in on Sandman. gently caress you Sandman, gently caress you angel ryu. Stupid saltybets...

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
That twitter is fantastic. I want to see her charge back/complaint to Paypal.

"Gave money to horseshit internet stream of a fake fighting game that totally hosed me out of fake money thanks to completely bullshit autobalance. Money back please."

And I love the Lady Gaga retweet in the middle of her rant.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Propaganda Hour posted:

I think if I were ever legitimately mad about anything saltybets related I would have to seriously re-assess my life.

Yeah it's kind of nuts. I've ragequit saltybets every time a bit upset screws me, but that's mostly because I usually don't feel like starting the grind all over again then and there. The idea that random characters fighting each other can actually upset some people is absolutely nuts.

Also I wish these idiots would stop already, I need to start betting and make my money back damnit.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Mazz posted:

For some reason I can view it in IE, but even after a restart Firefox is throwing me a "Problem loading page" dialog. This is even open in another FF tab.

I can't load it in firefox either. It barely even tries to load before giving up.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Saltybets is down for me both from my PC and laptop, on both chrome and firefox. drat you Salty, let me waste 4 hours instead of going to sleep :argh:

e: What's extra annoying is that I was watching it fine since it came back, but refreshed and then it broke.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Cellophane S posted:

I spent the 3 bucks so I never get below 666 salty bucks. And you know what? Worth it.

Agreed. You toss the guy behind this some money, and it lets you get back into the action way quicker than having to go back down to 20 bucks or whatever.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
That Kanorin rushdown :stare:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah it definitely seems like there have been a lot of wins today by characters that are like 2-20, or 0-15, etc. They gotta win sometime I guess.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Legitimate SaltyBet tip: don't go all in against a decent opponent, even if you're betting on a god-tier. Any character who's won a decent amount of games is capable of pulling an upset thanks to the AI and the inevitable randomness you sometimes get out of it.

There are like 3 completely safe characters, everyone else can lose given the right conditions. People got comfortable with "safe" bets because there were only a small amount of games so a lot of the bad/mediocre characters had terrible records. Now it's starting to even out a bit more, and even the OStans have a couple of wins here and there.

tl;dr - Never go all in, except on DBZs obviously.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
While the site's down, does anyone have a link to/timestamp of the last tournament? Silversamurai won it apparently, but I haven't finished watching it and keep being an idiot and forgetting to save the link.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I meant a link to the twitch video of the tournament. From what I remember it was just a timestamp in some massive, long file and I don't remember which day it was or what the timestamp was.

e: Thanks! \/\/\/

VDay fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 15, 2013

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
This is the loving best thing ever.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
This may be the best post-maintenance site re-launch I've ever seen.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
It's like I'm salty betting IN THE FUTURE.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
So many god drat upsets the last few days.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

markgreyam posted:

Last Bet $70 on Super vegeta :doh:

That's what you get for not at least having http://hightower-software.com/salty/#/ open.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Palladium posted:

How the gently caress is Blaze Agent even worth 4.5M? I thought I'm betting the underdog here.

The dude is 20-4, with a bunch of fast, spammy attacks and good AI. His losses are to S-tier guys. Not sure what made you think he'd be an underdog.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

TheChad posted:

Where do you get the list that shows that?

If you've donated money (illuminati thing) you get access to the big player statistics/records. Stats->Player Statistics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
BAHAHAHAHAHA thank you random guy without iluminati who didn't know the blob has 1 HP and bet 300k on it to give me 1.5:1 odds on my 60k bet. :bravo:

• Locked thread