Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«14 »
Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Fun Shoe

In the grandstands stage left, pretty good sightlines, hope the sounds ok!

Edit: sound is not the best, but I can live with it, I'll just download it tomorrow

Noise Machine fucked around with this message at Jun 18, 2017 around 23:52

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sound in the second set greatly improved, that was a hell of a first Dead show for me.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

egregium sanctumque
uirum si cerno,
bimembri hoc
monstrum puero

So you witnessed this? Where did the 2nd DS verse end up, was it after Drums/Space?

5 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Got tickets to tomorrrows show at Fenway with my dad and cousin! My dad and I went last year, it was literally probably one of the best nights of my life just jamming and drinking with my dad. I couldn't be happier to spend Father's Day with him tomorrow night at the show.

Ended up spending a lot on second section first row lawn seats, but it'll be worth it!

Maaaaan that was a blast. What an awesome night at Fenway!!

I'm a relatively new fan and I've got a question: has there been a big improvement in the band the past couple years? Were shows 5 years ago this good? Better, worse?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

I'm a relatively new fan and I've got a question: has there been a big improvement in the band the past couple years? Were shows 5 years ago this good? Better, worse?

This specific band got together last year.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Fun Shoe

Juaguocio posted:

So you witnessed this? Where did the 2nd DS verse end up, was it after Drums/Space?

Yup, they jammed on Space as they do, then there were some little allusions to Dark Star, and they went into the second verse.

5 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

BigFactory posted:

This specific band got together last year.

Ah true, I guess I meant like remaining members touring through the 2000s up to now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Dead & Company keeps getting better and better as they keep playing. Now they're really starting to experiment, shake up the standard combos (splitting up China > Rider, Help/Slip/Frank and Scarlet > Fire) and try new things! I've seen them a total of six times now (first in 2015, three in 2016 and two this year) and each show is better than the last.

I went to both nights of Fenway again this year and it was magical! The scene was better than last year (a good sized Shakedown behind the beer works) and the band sounded better than ever.

Saturday night's highlights were Ramble on Rose, Sugaree and pretty much all of the second set (the Dancin in the Street was the best version they've done yet, and the Estimated > Eyes and Franklin's Tower were out of this world).

Sunday was the best though - and it easily blew away every time I had seen them prior. The first set with the acoustic trio was memorable - I can't believe they hadn't done an acoustic Dark Star before, as it sounded excellent. The second set was bliss, with the best versions of Truckin, Fire on the Mountain and St. Stephen I've ever heard (the Fire in particular rivals the latter Grateful Dead years without a doubt). Oteil singing Fire on the Mountain was perfect. The return of Dark Star after Drums and space blew my loving mind. And the Brokedown Palace encore was nearly perfect as well.

All in all just a phenomenal weekend. Everyone should catch this band while they can - it's the best band out there carrying on the torch of the Dead, imo.

«14 »