Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Llyr posted:

Enjoy!
Oo, thank you for this! It may sound strange but I have been getting into the Grateful Dead top down. As in, they have all these axillary elements. Blogs, many sets, personalities. Etc. The music itself is well within my circle of "drat good music in itself", but there is such a giant volume of musicians/bands in that circle so I don't feel too weird delving into the dead for other reasons then the music being good. Anyway, it might sound a bit forced or... Pretentious? But anyway!

My favourite tracks so far are: Eye of the World and Ripple. Particularly, versions of Eye of the World that are long! There is this one show where it continues into a drum session and it's *mwah"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe_%2772:_The_Complete_Recordings#Europe_%2772,_Vol._22:_Lyceum_Theatre,_London,_England_(5/26/1972)

Cool yep, do you mean these recordings? I'm new to de dead. So starting on the 7th of March '22? :)

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

https://www.dead.net/deadcast
The 5/7/72 Bickershaw Festival episode is brilliant. A bunch of British boomers recounting the festival and all it's shenanigans as they luxuriate in the mud and the Grateful Dead.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Three little GD thoughts on my Sunday evening:
-chanced across a great GD cover band Grateful Shred, they are just grand. particularly their cover of Eyes of the World, my favourite GD song! (Followed by ripple then loser)
-saw a clip of Jerry Garcia saying rap isn't music and also decrying the youth of today (early 90s?) For being derividive with their sound and it's all copied and my golly the youth don't even know who they are plagiarising. But Im just like dude, you are also part of this and rap isn't music is such a boomer thing to say lol. He comes across as very much old man yells at cloud and it's the youth that are wrong. Poor guy was having a rough one by whenever it was filmed but still, dude, argh why did you have to have these bad opinions.
-i think one of the main reasons I enjoy the GD is you can click on a live recording and just know the next two hours are going to be taken care of. It's like lo fi hip hop beats but American boomer edition of it.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

They get a modular synth involved?? I have to hear this!

I've been enjoying cover band Grateful Shred on YouTube lately because of their simple, smooth vocal harmonies. Does anybody else have a good cover band to recommend? :)