Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
I managed to get 4 passes as well. I got insanely lucky - set up around 9:45 and watched the countdown on the page, I grabbed 4 side view best available and hit the buy button within seconds of the page popping up and only had to wait through about 4 minutes of "searching for tickets, don't refresh this page". I had my tickets to the show and airline tickets by 10:15.

I'm still in limbo on the mail order, I didn't get my MO back, but I didn't get a confirmed ticket email either. Folks over on twitter are saying that GDTSTOO has said that they're finished sending out emails, so I'm guessing I'm just at the bottom of the stack to get my money orders returned. My friends will be disappointed - I was the last one alive on mail order and the only one who got lucky on ticketmaster - we've got far more than 4 people who want to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Scratchmo
I like Throwing Stones too :coolspot:

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Scratchmo
Thank loving god it's Grateful Dead night at my local tavern in Seattle. I needed something to smooth out the rough edges transitioning from Chicago back to the real world.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Scratchmo
Saw Long Strange Trip in theaters last night and had a great time but woof what a heavy ending. I know it's just retelling how it all went down but going from reveling in the type of joy that the Dead usually brings me for three and half hours to looking at what it cost Jerry and others was enough to give me some serious emotional whiplash.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Scratchmo
aaaaaaaieeeeeee - I have plane tickets from the west coast, Fenway and Spac tickets, and hotels all in various shopping carts. I have to buy tickets and grab a cab to the airport in the next 20 minutes or so. I really can't afford it but fucccking hell I want to. How many people here will be at Fenway/SPAC? Anyone have an extra seat in their car between Boston and Albany/Saratoga?

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Scratchmo
Cassidy imo.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Scratchmo
Now he's gone, now he's gone, Lord he's gone, he's gone
Like a steam locomotive, rollin' down the track
He's gone, he's gone and nothin's gonna bring him back, he's gone

Pour one out for ol' Pigpen. The bus came by and he got on 46 years ago today.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Scratchmo
Anyone going to Grateful Dead meet up at the movies tonight? Especially if you live in Seattle? I'm flying solo this year and would love to grab a beer or something before/after.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Scratchmo

Juaguocio posted:

Alright, it's confirmed, I'm road tripping down to the Gorge for June 7-8.

Anyone else getting on the bus for the summer tour?

Just in case you haven't seen the footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E26naDAZjHY

Watched it again just now, and I never noticed that Bobby breaks a string around the 9 minute mark.

I'll likely be at both gorge shows as well

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Scratchmo
I'm debating doing the SF shows as well but just found out I got MPP tickets in the Phish lottery so not sure my PTO balance and wallet can make it happen

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Scratchmo
JRAD is fantastic. I'm super excited to see them for my first visit to Red Rocks the night before the Phish Dick's run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Scratchmo
https://twitter.com/OhNoSheTwitnt/status/1176565443907268608?s=19

E: if you have a favorite Box Of Rain - I'd love to listen to it.