Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

I was going to come in and basically post what you just said so thanks for saving me time. However I really feel like Phish has lost a lot of what I used to find enjoyment from them back in the day. They used to be a big proggy jazz fusion band and I really felt that they have left that all behind to become a "stereotypical" rock jam band a long time ago. I have theorized that they started turning this way as Trey started to take more and more of a leading role along with going deeper into his addictions. And when they came back together with the new sober Trey, they just kept going that direction. I want to say it may also be partly due to just complacency because Phish has a big following and can pull a crowd so they may just not feel like they need to try as much as they used too. Most real creativity and energy is going to their side projects which are nowhere as big as Phish is and are just using Phish as a money making vehicle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU