Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Well looks like I'm going to see dead and co at Fenway. Any expectations? I'm sure I'll have a good time

If you aren't triggered by John Mayer, it's going to be awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Can anyone explain the 80's to me? I feel like this question should be more specific, but I'm not really even sure what I'm asking. I love basically everything about the first fifteen years, but every time I try to listen to anything after that, I'm more or less completely disinterested.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

BigFactory posted:

You don't like dead set or reckoning?

Reckoning is really cool just for what it is, but I don't listen to it very often.

I think Dead Set might be a reasonable thing to listen to around people who don't really listen to the Dead, but taking a month's worth of shows and pulling enough of the most tidy and concise performances (while the band was probably doing their best to be tidy and concise every night) to fill up an album isn't really my idea of a great time.

E: Just relistened through Dead Set. Found out the tracks on the original release are edited down, which explains a lot. Bonus disc is pretty good.

LordPants posted:

But seriously, when I have time I'll try and answer this as best as possible.

Sincerely looking forward to it

TheChaosPath fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jul 12, 2016

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I'm a relatively newbie deadhead, but I gotta ask...why is this thread so salty sometimes?

I don't recall exactly how much it applies to this thread in particular, but as a general rule it's some combination of not being able to let Jerry go and holding a grudge against Bobby for being too handsome