Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

ManlyGrunting posted:

I feel odd for asking this, but it seemed to be the best place to ask

I've been trying to get into Bayonetta as a Devil May Cry 3 & 4 fan (as well as the original, which I adore but for seperate reasons; it has a certain "old school" quality which is rare for PS2 era games), and it isn't quite clicking. I'm on the level which is two after the first giant boss fight, the fire one which represents the archangel Uriel. Does anyone have any suggestions that may make my life a little bit easier?

I haven't played Bayonetta in a while, but I'm pretty sure that Uriel never gets mentioned. By "The first giant boss", are you talking about the two headed dragon? Fortitudo, I think?

If you describe the level a bit better, I might be able to give you some pointers. Are there particular enemies giving you trouble?

Dodging and getting Witch Time is pretty key to doing well at Bayonetta in the early game, so make sure you're comfortable with how dodges work. You're fully invincible during the dodge, so don't be afraid to abuse it to get through huge attacks if you need to. The bat transformation is absolutely worth the money, as is the parry item; I think it's the Moon of Maha-Kala? You'll want to grab those two as soon as you can and learn how to parry attacks effectively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Peewi posted:

I read in a guide that the bottlecap for winning a boxing match without taking damage can't be done in a Kahkoo-regah. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Correct, you have to do it in an actual chapter boss fight, which is kind of annoying.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Coca Koala posted:

I haven't played Bayonetta in a while, but I'm pretty sure that Uriel never gets mentioned. By "The first giant boss", are you talking about the two headed dragon? Fortitudo, I think?

If you describe the level a bit better, I might be able to give you some pointers. Are there particular enemies giving you trouble?

Dodging and getting Witch Time is pretty key to doing well at Bayonetta in the early game, so make sure you're comfortable with how dodges work. You're fully invincible during the dodge, so don't be afraid to abuse it to get through huge attacks if you need to. The bat transformation is absolutely worth the money, as is the parry item; I think it's the Moon of Maha-Kala? You'll want to grab those two as soon as you can and learn how to parry attacks effectively.

Fortuido, I think it was. I guess my angel-nerd status got the better of me. :blush:

I am having trouble with the giant bosses like him and those snake-like minibosses at chapter 5, Grace and Glory I have a bit more of a handle on after that absolute son of a bitch witch time Alfheim right after they're introduced (affinities have this overhead strike that seems to come out of loving nowhere). Mostly though I have problems during setpieces since I tend to die from falling to my death or during quicktimes about ten times more than through combat. Really if you have any advice that would be the most welcome (you know the bit in chapter five right before you get panther within where you go up the spiral stone snake? Turns out it's a really bad idea to use panther within during that part). I would really appreciate some pointers beyond just playing them, those stone ranks are too much for me to take :negative:

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

ManlyGrunting posted:

Fortuido, I think it was. I guess my angel-nerd status got the better of me. :blush:

I am having trouble with the giant bosses like him and those snake-like minibosses at chapter 5, Grace and Glory I have a bit more of a handle on after that absolute son of a bitch witch time Alfheim right after they're introduced (affinities have this overhead strike that seems to come out of loving nowhere). Mostly though I have problems during setpieces since I tend to die from falling to my death or during quicktimes about ten times more than through combat. Really if you have any advice that would be the most welcome (you know the bit in chapter five right before you get panther within where you go up the spiral stone snake? Turns out it's a really bad idea to use panther within during that part). I would really appreciate some pointers beyond just playing them, those stone ranks are too much for me to take :negative:

Oh, I know which level you're talking about now!

The bosses take a little while to get used to, so don't worry if you're horrible at them at first. You'll have plenty of opportunities to practice. Really, the entirety of your run-through on Normal should be thought of as a practice run to help you learn how combat works; this is the same attitude you'll want to take about Wonderful 101 (and pretty much every Platinum game, as far as I can tell).

The platforming in Bayonetta can be a little rough, I agree. If you have Panther Within by now, you should be able to buy the Bat Within power (which I mentioned before) and that will make the window for dodging a bit larger. You should also be able to get Crow Within, I'm pretty sure it's called. You can transform in the air and fly around, and it makes long jumps a million times easier.

QTEs, there's really nothing for it but to learn the buttons and the timing. I'm pretty sure it's the same button every time, which helps a bit. Honestly, those QTEs just suck a whole bunch. I've still had play throughs where you're in that drat church and you have to hit X or the church blows up, and I always ALWAYS hit it too early and die. poo poo sucks, but they don't show up too often.

When you're going up that spiral staircase and it's falling apart, you should be able to panther run up it without any real problems. Don't forget that you can dodge pretty much any time; this includes when you're in panther mode. So if you're running and you see the pre-shadow of the wind snake thing (I can't think of what else to call it, but it's the wind that something painful is going to run through that area), you can hit dodge no matter what you're doing and dodge through the damage. It helps a lot. You can also hit dodge in the middle of a jump to get a little extra horizontal distance, I believe?

Something to keep in mind is that to the best of my recollection, there aren't any enemies with attacks that come out of nowhere; there's always some sort of cue. It's not always a visual one; sometimes it's a sound cue, but there's always an indication that an enemy is going to make a specific attack. I don't recall the cue for Affinity's overhead off the top of my head; is that the one where they pull the spear back and then bring it down? It's definitely reactable if you know what to look for, so there's not a lot to say beyond keep an eye on them and try to pair the cues and the attacks in your mind. I promise they're there.

The snake minibosses are frustrating at first. You can lock on to them and hold down the Shoot button which constantly deals a small stream of damage to them, and keeps them from running behind you and forcing you to wrestle with the camera to figure out where they are. Plus, occasionally you'll make it past some benchmark of damage over time and stun them, at which point you can run over and open up with some real damage.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Great, thanks! It must have been an audio cue, I had my sound down because my brother was playing a game beside me and the music was more important for his than mine- or so I thought, anyway. I've already bought bat within because I figured it was hella useful, and since I already bought all the witch hearts I'll start saving up for the parry.

This game brings out my inner perfectionist, for some reason all Platinum games do (as well as the Devil May Cry games). I'm sure I just have to keep at it. At least fire durga is pretty sweet, I don't think I would have ever beaten that witch time Alfheim without the feet charge modifiers.

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
I split my completion of Bayonetta between my friend's PS3 and mine, so I only really got past Hard despite having done much much more on the other save at my friends. So glad I can catch up and get a new save (at full 60 FPS I hope) when Bayonetta 2 comes out on Wii U.

So far the one thing blocking me from grabbing everything in Wonderful 101 is the boxing Alfheim on Hard. 101% is much easier for me since there's so many fewer attacks he can do. But seriously, gently caress that challenge for having a huge load time every time you gotta retry it. Oh Wonderful Bayonetta, how I want you!

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

sulphix posted:

I split my completion of Bayonetta between my friend's PS3 and mine, so I only really got past Hard despite having done much much more on the other save at my friends. So glad I can catch up and get a new save (at full 60 FPS I hope) when Bayonetta 2 comes out on Wii U.

So far the one thing blocking me from grabbing everything in Wonderful 101 is the boxing Alfheim on Hard. 101% is much easier for me since there's so many fewer attacks he can do. But seriously, gently caress that challenge for having a huge load time every time you gotta retry it. Oh Wonderful Bayonetta, how I want you!

Giga-Goojin isn't that hard, really. Honestly, I'd've rather fought him instead of Wallgah-Goojin on 101% because he's got a lot more attacks that can give you stars without having to do counter-y things.

The only really difficult part about fighting Giga-Goojin is that he has a punch counter and a kick counter and it can be difficult to tell them apart sometimes. For the kick, he crouches down a bit lower and the camera zooms out a bit further, but that's as helpful as anyone can really be here.

Of his weird boss-summoning gimmick attacks, the one you want to deal with is the Kaizor Diejeah attack, because he's vulnerable for quite a while after that and you can guaranteed get a star. For some reason he's much less vulnerable after the Ohrowchee and Ohdarko attacks (In the Epilogue Kahkoo-Regah he'll always do Diejeah then Ohrowchee then Ohdarko and repeat in that order). If he does his dial-a-combo attack and it has less than six hits, you can guard the first three and jump the kick. If you dodge the entire thing though, he gets dizzy for ages and you can get two stars. Also he has a wind-up drill punch that he uses very rarely that will make him dizzy; you can get a star off that too.

I don't know if you can strafe away from his jabs and punch him quickly like you can with Wallgah-Goojin but if so that's another easy way to get a star.

It's probably less nerve-wracking generally to try and get stars from all this stuff than it is to try and whittle him down with punches and lasers because it reduces the number of times you'll have to deal with his counter punch/kick, which is the most likely thing to kill you in these fights.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Fedule posted:

I don't know if you can strafe away from his jabs and punch him quickly like you can with Wallgah-Goojin but if so that's another easy way to get a star.

He starts dodging or guarding after a few attacks every time. At least in the hard Kahkoo-regah.

I don't really understand when is a good time to use the laser or super punch. I thought that simply punching him once after dodging would stun him long enough to use them, but I've found out the hard way that that is not the case. I guess the safest time is when you would be able to punch him a lot any way.

I just spent a long rear end time trying and failing the epilogue kahkoo-regah on hard and it gets really annoying. Even got him down to the final life bar a couple of times, only to gently caress it up.

When he does the kick you jump over it, but how do you avoid the punch with the similar wind-up? I really have no idea.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Peewi posted:

He starts dodging or guarding after a few attacks every time. At least in the hard Kahkoo-regah.

I don't really understand when is a good time to use the laser or super punch. I thought that simply punching him once after dodging would stun him long enough to use them, but I've found out the hard way that that is not the case. I guess the safest time is when you would be able to punch him a lot any way.

I just spent a long rear end time trying and failing the epilogue kahkoo-regah on hard and it gets really annoying. Even got him down to the final life bar a couple of times, only to gently caress it up.

When he does the kick you jump over it, but how do you avoid the punch with the similar wind-up? I really have no idea.

The spin-punch-thing can be avoided via dodge roll. (the important thing is, you have to tell the difference between the two and see which is coming)

BTW, I'm talking about a very specific counter here; he does a horizontal punch, you strafe away from it, and then punch him a lot - if you do it right you'll get to punch at about twice the normal speed and he'll cough up a star. IIRC you should also be able to instantly get a star by countering his diagonal punch with an uppercut from the same side.

Giga-Goojin recovers quite quickly when you simply dodge his punches; you'll get a bit more time if you can dodge his eyebeams, or one of his flashy specials, or his dial-a-combo, or his drill punch. (But don't try it after his Gah-Goojin throwing sequence, he recovers instantly from that). If his eyes are blinking rapidly you should be good.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

The first Vorkken fight just broke my Wii U, nice.

Benach
Aug 15, 2013
I think I may have found the best bug. It can only be done during the final boss, because you have to throw an enemy with a 200 person Whip. Images linked because they show the final boss and stage. The effect is immediately apparent.

http://i.imgur.com/znCfFpj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fBrVSzr.jpg

The best part about this, is that if you do it as the fight ends and cutscenes begin, the enemy will stay for the cutscenes. And then some.

http://i.imgur.com/yGXSZ8M.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KZjM3HK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4pUQAI5.jpg

Edit: I tried keeping the turtle alive for the fight. During the Claw QTE, it knocked me out of it. I am stuck, the game has softlocked.

This game is loving great.

Benach fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 23, 2014

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Quick question; I just switched off Drill Spring and Attack Liner, since using them meant that my minions kept getting launched everywhere every time I dodge or Wonder-Liner in close proximity to one of the tortoises or indeed any monster that's blocking my attacks. Am I insane for doing this?

On another note; how do you deal with enemies that keep blocking your attacks? Do you just wait it out?

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

The_Final_Stand posted:

Quick question; I just switched off Drill Spring and Attack Liner, since using them meant that my minions kept getting launched everywhere every time I dodge or Wonder-Liner in close proximity to one of the tortoises or indeed any monster that's blocking my attacks. Am I insane for doing this?

I definitely recommend switching off Drill Spring, the possibility of having your entire team get knocked out right when you're trying to avoid something is just way too dangerous. If you just want to deal damage with your dodges, Dodge Mines fill the exact same niche without being risky as hell. As for Attack Liner, it's really useful for filling the Unite Gauge quickly and it deals crazy amounts of damage to anything slowed by Unite Bomb, so I prefer to keep it on. You can usually avoid hitting enemy blocks with it by just drawing in a different direction, anyway.

The_Final_Stand posted:

On another note; how do you deal with enemies that keep blocking your attacks? Do you just wait it out?

Depends on the enemy, really. Tigers? Step back (and toss a bomb). Enraged Die Dough-Goos? Get away and spam Gun Stinger. Laambo/Walltha/Ankhos? Dodge straight through them and hit them from behind.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
So after beating the game I've been playing through unlocking extra characters and completing bottle caps and such, and have significantly improved skill-wise since. However, I'm curious about the usefulness of Hero Counter. I used it a shitton in my first play through, before I realized exactly just how amazing Guts is. Since I've been using Guts way more now, I've found hero counter to be pretty much useless, as I'll almost always want to either block the attack or use dodge time to wail on the enemy. Is there any situation where hero counter is super useful?

Benach
Aug 15, 2013

CodfishCartographer posted:

So after beating the game I've been playing through unlocking extra characters and completing bottle caps and such, and have significantly improved skill-wise since. However, I'm curious about the usefulness of Hero Counter. I used it a shitton in my first play through, before I realized exactly just how amazing Guts is. Since I've been using Guts way more now, I've found hero counter to be pretty much useless, as I'll almost always want to either block the attack or use dodge time to wail on the enemy. Is there any situation where hero counter is super useful?

Making turtles, spike-havers and lasers eat poo poo. It's so lenient you can just mash the stick while in the middle of a laser and you get free bonus points and a bigger morph.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I've only just gotten around to playing this game, and I love it. The little minigame segments have all been great and not outstayed their welcome like Bayonetta's occasionally did, the soundtrack is fantastic, and the story, characters, and excessive heroism are a lot of fun. As with all Platinum games, getting better at it is incredibly rewarding, especially the final Vorkken fight, when I finally got a handle on his various timings and had hero time. I haven't finished it yet, had to stop just after the previously mentioned final Vorkken battle in Antarctica, but I'm wondering something about what comes immediately after: are the non-primary members who go inside Vorkken chosen randomly? Because I got Wonder Toilet, Wonder Bath, and Wonder Tennis, and there's something magical about Wonder Toilet trying to look all dramatic along with the rest of the team sporting lots of battle damage.

Edit: And I have to say, while the sequence leading up to it was fun, Vijjoune fizzled out in a really lame way.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Sep 17, 2014

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Apparently there's a really easy way to unlock some of the harder to get secret characters if you don't feel like doing all the bottle cap challenges

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/use_a_platinum_code_to_unlock_bayonetta_and_co_in_the_wonderful_101

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I wish doing that locked you to consolation prizes until you unlocked them the right way

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
Yeah no, some of those achievements are ridiculously demanding or an utter pain in the rear end to do. Beat the first Punch-Out! fight without taking any damage, and there's no checkpoint after the 2+ minute tutorial segment that teaches you what to do? Get every single achievement? gently caress that.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

AnotherGamer posted:

Yeah no, some of those achievements are ridiculously demanding or an utter pain in the rear end to do. Beat the first Punch-Out! fight without taking any damage, and there's no checkpoint after the 2+ minute tutorial segment that teaches you what to do?

There's a Kakoo-Regah that has the no-hit Punch Out fight as its objective so you can clear that bottlecap through it. Still a pain in the rear end, though.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

There's a Kakoo-Regah that has the no-hit Punch Out fight as its objective so you can clear that bottlecap through it. Still a pain in the rear end, though.

For some reason the Kahkoo-Regah doesn't count for the bottlecap.

You can cheese the bottlecap, though. Do the fight on very easy and never stop punching. On the higher difficulties it'll counter you if you try, but on very easy you can just keep punching and slowly whittle it down with zero risk.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
how the gently caress do you make the glider

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Draw a three sided square.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Draw a triangle where the hypotenuse is the side your wonderful ones are on.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Scholtz posted:

Draw a triangle where the hypotenuse is the side your wonderful ones are on.

Got it, thanks. I still think the drawing controls are really cool but the glider can gently caress off

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Peewi posted:

For some reason the Kahkoo-Regah doesn't count for the bottlecap.

You can cheese the bottlecap, though. Do the fight on very easy and never stop punching. On the higher difficulties it'll counter you if you try, but on very easy you can just keep punching and slowly whittle it down with zero risk.

Just fyi, if you do this you are a huge baby. The kahkoo regah in question is also the best one in the game

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Got it, thanks. I still think the drawing controls are really cool but the glider can gently caress off

Yeah, this got me a lot too. Also for whatever reason I had issues making the hammer fast, but I could be as quick with making the bomb (you know, the EXACT SAME SHAPE only backwards) and get that to work.

What helped me most with the glider and hammer was not trying to do it all in one shot. Line, pause, second line, pause, third line, oh finally a loving glider. Hammer was line, pause, circle or curl or whatever. With both the stick or pad.

Bomb, I could just haphazardly flail my hand across the gamepad and I'd get a bomb.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Sorry for performing thread necromancy but hey, its on sale for 20 bucks right now through nintendo.com

I've never played it but hey maybe I'll give it a shot.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Philosopher King posted:

Sorry for performing thread necromancy but hey, its on sale for 20 bucks right now through nintendo.com

I've never played it but hey maybe I'll give it a shot.

Yes, definitely buy it! It's easily one of my favorite games as of late. Definitely my favorite platinum/clover game. Just try not to worry too much about rankings your first time through, and play on normal.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
This game is (was?) ringing up for $6 at Kmart, too.

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
This is actually the game I recommend to people when they express interest in a Wii U.

"Oh you want a Wii U? Did you like Viewtiful Joe? Yes, then buy this game."

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

[Posting here instead of the WiiU thread]

I think part of my frustration with W101 last night was that I couldn't block the Scorpion thing's tail attacks. I watched Chip Cheezum's demo playthrough before I went to bed though, and he mentioned that the guts can't block everything, so maybe that's what it was.

Can you use the guts and keep your combo? Or does dodge offset only work with the spring dodge move? I just bought the latter so hopefully that'll help too. I need to actually learn combos too. I've mostly just been mashing A up until now. :shobon:

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think dodge offset is a thing in this game? There aren't really combo attacks like there are in Bayonetta or Metal Gear Rising.

Each Unite Morph only has 3 special moves, stinger, rising, and whirlwind. Stinger I think you quickly pull the control stick away from the enemy and then back towards them and hit attack and you'll zoom over to the enemy to hit them. Rising you just attack right after you jump and you'll do an uppercut. Whirlwind you twirl the stick around and hit the attack button and it'll do a spinning attack around you. Each of these moves needs to be unlocked by leveling your characters individually before you can use it. Some of the unite morphs have different variations on these attacks, but the inputs will all be the same.

The other big thing to learn is multimorphs, you draw a unite morph and hit X instead of attack and you'll use some of your extra dudes to do an attack with that unite morph without switching your currently equipped morph. This is very useful for racking up damage and combo and knowing it will save you a lot of trouble later in the game. I think there is a limit of 4 multimorphs being out at once.

And pretty much any move can be cancelled out of with dodge or block, the trick is to learn which enemy attacks you use dodge and which you block. Generally speaking, cutting or stabbing you'll need to dodge, and stomping punching and ramming you'll need to block.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Dodge offset is a thing in this game, it just doesn't mean much because each weapon only has one combo string. It works the same way as it does in Bayonetta in that you dodge to offset the combo, blocking will just reset the combo. The skill in this game comes from knowing when to dodge/block, not memorising combos or using dodge offset.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

[Posting here instead of the WiiU thread]

I think part of my frustration with W101 last night was that I couldn't block the Scorpion thing's tail attacks. I watched Chip Cheezum's demo playthrough before I went to bed though, and he mentioned that the guts can't block everything, so maybe that's what it was.

Scorpions have pointy tails. Pudding can't block pointy things

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Thanks for the tips! People had said in the WiiU thread that the game doesn't explain too much in the way of the mechanics. It kind of does and kind of doesn't, but I think it's helpful to watch someone good playing it to see what can be done.

On that note, how do you juggle enemies? Do they have to be dazed first?

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

Thanks for the tips! People had said in the WiiU thread that the game doesn't explain too much in the way of the mechanics. It kind of does and kind of doesn't, but I think it's helpful to watch someone good playing it to see what can be done.

Yeah, you either have to daze them (usually by blocking an attack with Guts) or stun them by repeatedly hitting them with the Team Attack (X button) or Unite Gun. Once the enemy is stunned, launch it with a Rising and then just keep hitting it to keep it in the air. Certain large enemies can only be launched if your Unite Morph is big enough.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

Changing weapons in midair and midcombo is the big thing. Also, for the pro juggler, some enemies fall slower than the Tombstone so you can use that to quickly hit the ground and reset your jumps and combos.

And yeah, the game definitely has a weird internal logic, but once you finally get it, you're golden

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrwWQGfD4d7H_r3hkL6xsJRbQK_R5Du0y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I love this game, though I can't seem to get it down nearly as quickly as I did Revengeance. I guess part of it is the timing is trickier: you manage to get a big Unite ready to go, only to get your rear end blindsided by another enemy before you can land the hit, which causes a huge setback. By the time you gather up your dudes, it's probably going to happen again before you can land a big hit.

I do got a couple beefs with the game tho. Mainly that, as fun and cinematic as they are, all the alt-gameplay sections, especially the space shooter ones, just aren't as fun as the main game, yet they're still really hard, and you're still penalized just like if you massively hosed up in combat if you make a mistake during any of them. Add to that the fact that the many upgrades you can buy don't improve your odds in those sections at all, and it can get really frustrating. Sorry, your pure platinum run is hosed because you got hit a bunch and died during this gimmicky space shooter section that we didn't work on nearly as much as the main game!

It's also really lame that failing a Kahkoo-Regah section counts as a death on the stage's final score. I'm all for punishing difficulty, but god drat if it doesn't feel unfair when all you did was fail a "take zero damage" punch-out secret challenge a few times and you get a consolation prize at the end of your platinum run.

• Locked thread