Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much
Oh my god are we doing this again please no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

-Zydeco- posted:

The thread is getting a bit long in the tooth, the OP is completely out of date, the OP author has vanished, and we're getting a lot of FAQs that the OP should really address. I'm writing a new OP, but I need all the gifs that got created as well as any fool thing you all think should be included. I have Murdoch's guide, the skill calculator, weapon damage spreadsheet, and anything else that was in the current OP.

Also, thread titles. Gimme thread titles. Current is PAYDAY 2: Portal to the elemental plane of police.

Fellis and I made a new one, ready to go. Standby.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Plan Z posted:

Fellis and I made a new one, ready to go. Standby.

If it's not Payday 2: Pork Side of the Moon, I'm going to be very upset.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Drewjitsu posted:

If it's not Payday 2: Pork Side of the Moon, I'm going to be very upset.

I meant a new OP, and it's not going to be your dumb title, Goon.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Gayday 2

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Plan Z posted:

I meant a new OP, and it's not going to be your dumb title, Goon.

Payday 2: Imagine 4 bags on the edge of a Cliff, Crime works the same way?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
There were some posts about how Dominator worked and how the Heat system for exp boosts worked that I would love to put in the new OP, but I'm having trouble finding them. Could anyone help me out with that?

Probably going to put the new OP up tomorrow.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Second attempt, I dropped the tripmine skills for some stuff from the ghost tree. Am I missing any other essential quality of life skills?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Fellis posted:

There were some posts about how Dominator worked and how the Heat system for exp boosts worked that I would love to put in the new OP, but I'm having trouble finding them. Could anyone help me out with that?

C'mon, it's just 560 pages. Mainline that poo poo.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Cliff's Notes just say "No, don't pick that, that's a dumb skill."

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Fellis posted:

Regarding the Heat system:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3564738&userid=123647&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post430532645

Also this:
http://imgur.com/a/1WKTV
dealing with stability, shots to kill, and accuracy

How recoil works:
http://www.reddit.com/r/paydaytheheist/comments/282z1s/breaking_down_recoil_warning_long_and_very/

How assault waves work:
http://www.reddit.com/r/paydaytheheist/comments/25ugvm/explanation_of_assault_wave_mechanics_credit_goes/

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

ATP_Power posted:

Second attempt, I dropped the tripmine skills for some stuff from the ghost tree. Am I missing any other essential quality of life skills?

Lower Aced Silent Drilling to Basic Silent Drilling, and put those freed 8 points into Die Hard and something (probably Stun Resistance). Trade Aced Cat Burglar for Aced Shinobi. Quiet drills is good enough, and Shinobi will give better results than Cat Burglar in the long run (just learn the map and shout through walls).

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
God drat, I just failed 8 missions in a row, in between kick on joins, joining unwinnable missions and having level 0 pubbies dying all over the place. I really gotta stick to playing with goons.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Drewjitsu posted:

Regarding the Heat system:

Thanks! Also thanks for your contributions to this thread by braving the Payday 2 subreddit.

Discendo Vox posted:

I would have, but then I'd have to read your posts again

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

:siren: Actually gently caress it, I posted the new thread now http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3647096 :siren:

go hog wild and tell me everything I forgot to include

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

nerdz posted:

God drat, I just failed 8 missions in a row, in between kick on joins, joining unwinnable missions and having level 0 pubbies dying all over the place. I really gotta stick to playing with goons.

Payday 2: Crime.net, Not Even Once

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fellis posted:

:siren: Actually gently caress it, I posted the new thread now http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3647096 :siren:

go hog wild and tell me everything I forgot to include

A proper title, for one.

Payday 2: Big Bank? More Like Dicks On a Blueprint

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

LP tie-in: Let's Playday 2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
PAYDAY 2: Don't Play With Pubbies was the only correct choice, and you have failed us all.

(Someone should probably lock this thread.)

• Locked thread