Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I have the gagball. They dropped the "ball" by not making it infamous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

poptart_fairy posted:

Kept myself blind about this and only discovered the release was pushed forward, gently caress.

Will I get any enjoyment out of playing with bots (i.e. can they do stealth, etc)? Or shall I just jump straight into playing with other dudes and dudettes?

You'll get some enjoyment out of it but it's a pain in the rear end in the more complex heists. They're basically bodyguards that follow you around everywhere, but you still have to do all the crap solo with carrying bags, setting up drills, picking locks, etc. If you're being stealthy I think they'll sit outside until poo poo hits the fan but I haven't had much experience with it. Bots were fine on the four store heist for example, but I failed the bank heist because I just couldn't shoulder the whole thing myself. I'm also coming into this as a newb so YMMV.

Also I only had two bot partners but in multiplayer you can do groups of four which makes things easier.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

The guns in this don't feel nearly as good as something like Killing Floor or Rising Storm but the iron sights are good.

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~
Man doing the safehouse intro just to have it crash was a disappointing way to head into work. Good on OK for already having a patch out I guess.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Chances are they had a patch ready a week ago, but couldn't update because steam would have had the gold release already

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
My group and I just crashed on the payday of the third day of Rats on Overkill. We got 11 bags out.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Did they just remove Overkill rats in the patch? My group and I have been looking for a long time now with no luck

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Man they still haven't fixed the issue where I can't pull up Steam Overlay in game. I was hoping that'd be fixed by the end of beta :(

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Man they still haven't fixed the issue where I can't pull up Steam Overlay in game. I was hoping that'd be fixed by the end of beta :(

For me, it was actually Mumble that was interfering with the overlay. If you're running it for the Goon goodness (Goonness?) try closing it and using the in-game comm.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

On the properties for the Payday 2 executable, try putting it into compatibility mode for Windows 98/Me. For some reason this fixes it for most people (including myself).

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Remember, don't forget if your weapon lacks a silencer. Bank jobs get a lot harder when everyone knows you're there. :catstare:

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

I haven't yet started playing and probably won't for another few hours at least,(job hunting :smith:) But from what I've heard you can't actually get all the way through all the skill trees. Is it possible to reset your skill level (or whatever you call it) back down to zero in order to progress up another tree? Or is this like Killing Floor, where progress can't be reset no matter what?
I've intentionally kept myself a bit blind from the game, not even touching the beta since I liked the original but thought it had a ways to go on certain points but from what everyone's saying it seems to have solved those and then some.

alg posted:

The guns in this don't feel nearly as good as something like Killing Floor or Rising Storm but the iron sights are good.
I don't think guns will ever feel as good as either of those. Man, I don't know how Tripwire does it but they can just make guns feel right.

Edit: I'm looking at that skill calculator that was posted, what exactly does the enforcer's "oppressor" skill do? It says it increases suppression but I kind of figured that something that'd really only work on an actual human player. Does it just make enemies automatically keep their heads down, even with near misses?

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 13, 2013

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

Remember, don't forget if your weapon lacks a silencer. Bank jobs get a lot harder when everyone knows you're there. :catstare:

That happened on a crew I was with. Remember guys look at your guns before you fire if it has a suppressor you can see it.

Zudrag
Oct 7, 2009

Carecat posted:

I have the gagball. They dropped the "ball" by not making it infamous.

I guess they missed a good chance to have a gag?

Also how fantastic. I preloaded, decrypted this morning, and now I have a 700 mb patch that steam is throwing a shitfit trying to download.

I just want to play the video games damnit! :negative:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

wjs5 posted:

That happened on a crew I was with. Remember guys look at your guns before you fire if it has a suppressor you can see it.

Yeah, haha. A level 28 guy was showing me and my brother the ropes giving us basic rundown on the new stealth mechanics - my brother took down a security guard and the 28 dude went over to use his pager, only for another guard to wander in. 28 opened fire and just let out "oh poo poo" on realising he'd brought the wrong gun. :v:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Feeble posted:

Edit: I'm looking at that skill calculator that was posted, what exactly does the enforcer's "oppressor" skill do? It says it increases suppression but I kind of figured that something that'd really only work on an actual human player. Does it just make enemies automatically keep their heads down, even with near misses?

I assume that's how suppression works but I keep playing with people who insist its not working at all right now. I'm not sure if it is or isn't though.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I sent them a pizza, they got it. Mission Successful.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Since I can't seem to get 2 other persons together to play this, I've been trying to play with pugs a bit.
Which is impossible, since the game browser is the worst thing ever, finding the game you want is a crap-shoot, then you don't know where the host is, what's the ping like, will he stop the game if he gets hit once etc.
I finally manage to join a game and they get mad at me because I died covering the guy grabbing the cash. So they kick me, I go back searching for a game, manage to find one and almost immediately gently caress up because I couldn't see a guard shooting at me because his gun was pointing backwards or something and I die.

The worst thing is I would have people to play with, but one of the guys keeps getting disconnected for some weird loving reason, like the game has no tolerance for packet loss at all.

This game is infuriatingly hard to actually play, but when you play it it's fun like hell.

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006

organburner posted:

This game is infuriatingly hard to actually play, but when you play it it's fun like hell.

Yeah. Or, like, you scrape by on Overkill difficulty with one human player and two bots, bowling over the hundreds of dudes in the FBI Turtle Power Squad with buckshot, and you just drag your way to the end; then the game freezes on the victory screen and you get nothing.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Yeah I really hope they make it so it's easier to find missions and difficulties you want without waiting 5 minutes for the right one. The whole Crimenet map is cool and all, but at the very least make it so certain districts will only contain certain missions or give us an old fashion mission select. Especially if we unlock more missions as we rank up it'll quickly become a pain in the rear end to find that one mission on hard so you can show an underleveled friend how it works while still leveling them.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Yeah, haha. A level 28 guy was showing me and my brother the ropes giving us basic rundown on the new stealth mechanics - my brother took down a security guard and the 28 dude went over to use his pager, only for another guard to wander in. 28 opened fire and just let out "oh poo poo" on realising he'd brought the wrong gun. :v:

...28?

I'm 23 and have been playing non-stop since it released

How?

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Keep in mind that ping doesn't really matter much in this game. You can play with someone in Russia and it'll feel silky smooth.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

gently caress pubbies. I joined a group on Day 3 of the Framing heist (thinking that it would be easy money), and their total insistence on WE HAVE TO DO IT STEALTH GUYS and killing themselves over and over not even two minutes into the mission because one of them hosed up is just infuriating.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Finished a Pro Job, game crashed. I may end up installing this on my desktop since my usually fine laptop seems to be dying playing this.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

LuiCypher posted:

gently caress pubbies. I joined a group on Day 3 of the Framing heist (thinking that it would be easy money), and their total insistence on WE HAVE TO DO IT STEALTH GUYS and killing themselves over and over not even two minutes into the mission because one of them hosed up is just infuriating.

Lesson here: no pubbies

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
Well you can't get the big loot reward on that mission (several gold bags) if you get detected. Also if it was overkill difficulty it's ridiculously hard to beat that non-stealth at low levels. Days 1 and 2 were no problem at all but day 3 :suicide:

dreffen posted:

Also this.

e: I got to level 30 and it said new heists unlocked, but I still don't see anything new in crime.net. :smith:

versus fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 13, 2013

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

fronz posted:

Keep in mind that ping doesn't really matter much in this game. You can play with someone in Russia and it'll feel silky smooth.

No, bust packet loss seems to affect it a whole bunch more than it should.

Or this game just hates my friend who has some packet loss sometimes due to bad internets. We could still play borderlands 2 without any problems though!

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

LuiCypher posted:

Consider yourself lucky, apparently there's pubbies hosting out there who make a habit out of kicking every other player out seconds before reaching the escape zone.

dreffen posted:

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Fuuuck, there was some issue with my preload so now I have to start downloading the whole thing over again. This is gonna take forever.

In the mean time, how does this skill set look to people who've actually played the beta. I think it fits my usual playstyle as best it can. http://goo.gl/rwtahF

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

organburner posted:

No, bust packet loss seems to affect it a whole bunch more than it should.

Or this game just hates my friend who has some packet loss sometimes due to bad internets. We could still play borderlands 2 without any problems though!

That's weird. Maybe it's the full version, but I played the beta with people around the whole world just fine.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Consider yourself lucky, apparently there's pubbies hosting out there who make a habit out of kicking every other player out seconds before reaching the escape zone.

Haha ah that's so unnecessarily dickish! What? Do they think they'll get more money that way or something?

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

fronz posted:

That's weird. Maybe it's the full version, but I played the beta with people around the whole world just fine.

Looking at the forums it seems like a pretty widespread problem.

It was weird because last week we played a bunch and it worked fine. Monday the problems started though, and now he basically can't play at all.

poo poo sucks.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Super weird, I guess it does relate to the full release. Hopefully they patch connectivity to how it was in beta.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

FauxGateau posted:

Haha ah that's so unnecessarily dickish! What? Do they think they'll get more money that way or something?
It's the internet, everything is awful and everyone is a dick or stupid or both. We'll never know.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
:lol: I play two matches with a group of pubs who type out everything, say one word in my mic and they all start using theirs. I think some people just need a reminder that they have a mic.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
So has anyone seen any heists that don't have an achievement tied to them? Kind of growing concerned about the number of heists in the game.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat, I wish I didn't have to wait until payday to buy Payday. It's only a couple days, but.. :smith:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Is it just me or has Dominator (i.e. the Mastermind thing that lets him shout down armed enemies) become super unreliabe? We just tried to stealth Day 3 of Framing Frame several times in a row and without fail it would only ever work on the first guard we tried it on, with every one after that almost always going for his gun and shooting near instantly.

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 13, 2013

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Is it just me or were the pubbies in beta a lot better at the game than the pubbies in release?

It wouldn't be so bad but the Steam overlay has to stay disabled unless I want to crash every few missions :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Sappo569 posted:

...28?

I'm 23 and have been playing non-stop since it released

How?

Your post is about half an hour old and my group and I are all 36. Just run Overkill Jewelry/Ukraine for XP. And Overkill everything else. Don't do things that aren't overkill.

• Locked thread