Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jokerfish
May 3, 2007

Bait Master

Not complaining but I don't remember ever seeing a game release at 5am before. I understand the devs are European though. Guess that just goes to show you how community-oriented they are, which is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerfish
May 3, 2007

Bait Master

Tokubetsu posted:

Really just want to murder the person who came up with the card system.

The card gods smiled on me yesterday. Immediately after buying the Deagle I got the Monolith silencer, extended clip and a pistol laser gadget for it. Today I've completed 5 3-day heists and got cash three times and 2 folding stocks for the AK I sold off like 20 levels ago.

They really ought to just make it a [random mask/attachment] or Pick a Card type thing because after you unlock all the weapons it's like beta all over again, hoping that you get anything that's not crap or a slap in the face. It costs 100k to install certain mods yet you only get like $6k when cash cards turn up. Cards would be worthless if they weren't so essential.

Jokerfish
May 3, 2007

Bait Master

Because what else is Blue Mercury material good for.

Jokerfish
May 3, 2007

Bait Master

e: nevermind.

So I just hit 80 and since the patch caps weapon mods at 2 each in inventory I stripped a few unused weapons down and sold them off. I have a dozen or so mods that are maxed out at 2.

Now I get cash cards like crazy. Did they just make it so that instead of a weapon mod that would have dropped, they just give cash now instead of another mod?

I'm getting cash cards as often as mask cards and I still don't have most of the mods I want. And they're weapon specific so I only need one of each. what the hell is going on?

Jokerfish fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Aug 26, 2013

Jokerfish
May 3, 2007

Bait Master

^^ I'm in the same boat. I have more money than I'll ever spend and frankly I don't care about masks. I do like to play a certain way (ghost/sniper) and the lack of a scope that's not the CCE red dot is just stupid at this point.

They could stop most of the cash card complaints dead in their tracks if they'd make them XP cards instead, except the comically low numbers. This game is so insane with prices 3000 $/XP may as well be zero.

On that note, I have seen zero Joker cards so far. Haven't seen them turn up at all. Did they remove them?

Jokerfish
May 3, 2007

Bait Master

Deus Rex posted:

I'm at level 38 now and have still not earned a single goddamn silencer.

If it makes you feel any better, now that they dramatically adjusted the mod drops earlier today, I just got my first scope that wasn't a red dot from the CCE (had several drop but no other types).

...At level 88. :negative:

Jokerfish
May 3, 2007

Bait Master

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Just wait until the level cap gets raised then LUA yourself to prestige 1 level 100 so you have the shades and get to experience the joy of levelling 100-145.

I did this and I regret nothing. You can use the lua to any set you to any level you like using notepad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerfish
May 3, 2007

Bait Master

Great Beer posted:

Chains had the best cloaker callouts in PD1 too. Chains is the secret best character.

I play Chains just for the "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death..." line as he puts the mask on.

Edit: moved the rest to the thread in PGS

• Locked thread