Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Archonex posted:

Am I right in thinking that this sounds like an expanded Left 4 Dead, only with cops and crime instead of zombies and survival? The idea of surviving through a level with spawning waves of enemies and unique/somewhat randomized objectives puts me in mind of it.

I'm also curious as to how many maps there are going to be at release. A lot of the areas in that preview picture look like they're the same area. If it's just three or four the amount of randomization had better be really high.

Edit: I just watched the E3 stage video. Holy poo poo, that's pretty neat looking.

There's at least 15 separate heists. Randomization isn't super prevalent, it's mainly in camera placing and guard patching from what we see in the beta. The other stuff (like the security room in Bank Heist) only has half a dozen variations at most. Some are better than others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

jerkstoresup posted:

http://www.pd2skills.info/profile/jerkstore-ghost/

How does this look for a Ghost build? I'll probably replace Lucky Charm with other things once I have most items, but I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing. I'm playing with 3 friends who will be focusing on the other trees.

Dead presidents is so not worth picking up, the extra cash you get is minimal. I'd take the less fall damage skill over it.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sappo569 posted:

Correct can only get the gold on day 3 of Frame , if you stealth it, otherwise you loose the gold (and massive payday)

Spent two hours on this. I'm not saying its impossible but its really a giant bitch with the number of guards that there are.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sappo569 posted:

I'm thinking the pager perk for 2 of the guys, combined with dominator should take care of most of the guards.

Since the most i've seen wandering around was max 6-7 guards

So 2 guys with pager perk (does pager perk stack like that)?

And 2-3 with dominator, should be golden

That said I have yet to do it myself also, with a very competant group of goons

We've gotten pretty far but what actually screws us is the cameras more often than not since you can't really take them out without every guard and his dog coming up to see what's what. There's no security room with a guy looking at the cameras either to take out. I really wish the cameras had some delay on dead bodies or actually rotated their views somewhat because if somebody gets downed in view its pretty much insta-alert.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 14, 2013

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Big Oil's second day is absolute poo poo if you don't know what you're doing.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Carecat posted:

Cloakers are officially not in the game right now.

Cloakers were the absolute worst thing from Payday 1 because of them being the only special unit that could instantly beat you down without warning.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Has anybody actually gotten the shutters on Ukrainian Job to work? I bought it but no option to use the code came up.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Pleads posted:

From what I saw of 2, Normal mode is generally pretty manageable with a bit of team work and communication, but I only got through 2 missions. Is Normal mode in 2 comparable to the base difficulty of 1 or are the Hard and Overkill modes more on that level while Normal is more manageable for bad/drunk players?

Normal mode is people just starting out, grinding for cards, or don't want to be challenged. Normal mode is easy mode. Hard is what Payday 1's normal was at most of the time.

Bolow posted:

FYI the Double-Barreled Shotgun is loving magnificent.

The double barrel does get a bit boring after a while. It kills almost anything in one hit though.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Gunder posted:

Does the lightweight ballistic vest give you as much protection as the normal ballistic vest? The description isn't clear.

The lightweight gives protection from a couple pistol shots or cop beatdowns.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Mitt Romney posted:

Is the enforcer saw worth having as a double shotgun enforcer?

Does it open safes fast? I can't find anything that details this.

The saw doesn't open safes at all, it only opens ATMS (at a max cash value of 26.8k per, at least from the beta), doors, deposit boxes, and security doors.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

dreffen posted:

So AK 762 or JP36? I haven't tried either guns and wondering what peoples' thoughts are on which to take.

AK 762 is great if you have enough stuff to bring the recoil down. It does tons of damage, is fairly accurate, and can hipshoot through leagues of cops. The JP36 benefits from double the amount of ammunition but the damage is absolutely horrendous and unless you have more modifications than the AK762 you're going to be screwed with recoil.

Unironically the CAR-4 is probably the best all non-AK762 assault rifle because of the giant amount of mods that go with it. Nothing else comes close to low recoil/high accuracy/decent ammo/decent damage until you get to the last M16 model. The UAR is similar but the recoil pattern is strange by comparison and the default sights suck.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

kri kri posted:

What does the "save progress" or whatever the game says when you quit out do?

Backs up your progress to a local save on your computer and then an online save. If you crash, never load it though because what the game is actually doing is loading up your online save from when you started your last session, not your local one for whatever reason, which is more recent.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

The Crooked Warden posted:

This may be a silly question, but does Pistol Messiah work with all sidearms?

Only with pistols/the bronco.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Cheston posted:

So apparently this game just kicks everybody and closes the match if the host crashes? We were on the third day of Rats and everything had gone perfectly.

To be fair, pretty much every game does this if you don't have dedicated servers.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
It never ceases to amaze me how much easier levels would be to stealth if you could close a drat door.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

RoadCrewWorker posted:

So did the heist list from here: http://www.fpsguru.com/game/373/article/3597/Payday-2-Heists-Possibly-Leaked.html turn out to be fake? I see a lot of heist names i haven't seen yet but i don't know if those unlock at higher levels, are just placeholders for future DLC additions or sadly most likely just some nonsense the "source" (4chan :( ) made up for shits and giggles.

They were spot on for pretty much every level that leaked except Election Day. The Beta for whatever reason still included a testing list of levels.

Side note the internal non-Crimenet servers browser was so much better.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

SAMARIX posted:

Has anyone tried out the Shockproof skill?

What I want to know is how often the chance of the taser backfire is and with the ACE, how the interacting works.
Do you need to be close to do it?

You literally just point your screen at tazer and instead of you marking them for your group you instead take two tazer wires (which come from nowhere) and connect them to each other, causing the tazer to be the one hit.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
For some reason when I dominated a guard and killed him it didn't count as a pager on Framing Frame on Day 3. 4th or 5th try on stealth (including one where we got the vault and gold moving but got screwed by a roaming guard), ended up taking out one of the guards frantically to avoid him calling a broken camera in, then noticed another guard walking to where I was replying to the pager. It ended up being insanely close to the last guard calling it in and we thought we'd have to restart. 4 dead guards (one dominated and then killed) and one dominated guard worked out pretty well.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

:ssh: A melee attack won't kill them as long as they have seen you first, and it will allow you to scream them down as well.

It does if you have the enforcer perk to do additional melee damage actually. That one hit kills unarmored cops, vest first response cops and guards.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

jerkstoresup posted:

Where are the possible vault locations in Day 3 of Framing Frames? I am decent at stealthing that mission entirely but I've been boned twice now because I couldn't figure out where the vault was.

I've completed it with the bedroom vault, but get stuck looking for it otherwise.

Anywhere the bookcase that you can move is (you can see it easiest in the bedroom) is a possible vault location.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Tommofork posted:

Bit late to the party but holy loving poo poo the double barrel shotgun. I thought people were exaggerating its mystical abilities.

The double barrel has the same range without mods as the M308 without having to actually aim. Just point in the general direction and fire.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I swear half the laser sights are completely misaligned. The Deagle's laser sight doesn't help at all.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Aqua Hamster posted:

Either there is only one bank in DC or that one in specific is just really unlucky.

The newspapers in the game mention the First World Bank from the first game getting robbed again and the manager killed in a fit of rage by the robbers.

Side note, Firestarter's Day 3 goes much, much easier if you just kill all the civilians, especially the ones walking on the street.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 17, 2013

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Don Mega posted:

How are people sniping with the Mosconi? I am having difficulty hitting enemies even mid-range with it and just pull out my secondary. I may just switch to a rifle.

Don't put any mods on it as it comes with one of the highest accuracies in the game.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

Do the stocks actually increase accuracy and it's just not reflected in the stats? The one I have doesn't make any difference to the 7.62 on paper.

The stocks that you want which increase accuracy are the sniper stock and the solid stock for ARs. The Jaegir increases 308 accuracy more than the Abraham does.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

The Crooked Warden posted:

Does the ECM jammer disable the motion sensors in day one of Framing Frame?

By motion sensors you mean the laser grid? No, they do not.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

LuiCypher posted:

Then it's really finicky. I know that in any Bank Heist mission, you have to melee the camera on the roof because I've shot it with a silenced Beretta before and had every goddamn person in the bank hear the bullet.

This is a bug unique to the bank actually.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

Wait, SHOUTING doesn't cause noise? I've been stealthing so wrong.

Yep. The best thing to do on the bank mission (especially on Firestarter's bank) is to dominate a guard while he's in the copy room. The guard pathing through there is pretty rare and if you don't get him near a door you're good.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Magic Underwear posted:

It is annoying, but in Firestarter you don't need any bags. If you sawed all the safe deposit boxes though, yeah that would suck.

I've had this happen 3 or 4 times now on Firestarter, the van just plain doesn't register bags at all. Usually it isn't a big deal since there's only half a dozen bags at most.

It took forever to find but Rats Overkill (Pro Job) is insanely good money.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 18, 2013

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Insert name here posted:

How's the shield punch skill? It seems really niche for 8 points but there are times where I see shields in like a doorway and I really wish I could just get them out without waiting for them to move.

The shield punch skill isn't actually winding up and taking a punch that launches him miles into the distance, you do a quick punch that'll cause him to cry out and pull the shield away from his face, at which point you can quickly blast him in it. The real problem is when shields merge together, you end up beating one guy only to have the other shield still staring you in the face.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Having to do Four Stores over and over again

This is totally outdated, the new hotness is Jewelry heist (if it ever comes up) or Ukrainian Job since both can be completed pretty quickly even solo. Same with Mallcrasher though that's dependent on explosives. Four stores you basically have to use the saw to get out in under 5 minutes.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

The White Dragon posted:

We were having problems with these civvies last night and thought it was just scripted, can you give me a screenshot of where they're hiding?

Framing Frames is super fun to stealth though, thanks to Error for teaching us how to do it right last night.

They're directly on the road outside the warehouse between the warehouse and the van. You really have to rush them because usually there's 2 of them on cell phones as you come up to them (this also means you shouldn't be firing when you're in the train car).

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

HellCopter posted:

This is infuriating: The game is spawning every mission at every difficulty multiple times except for the single one I want. Is it doing this on purpose?

Yes. There seems to be a set number of missions that'll come up in rotation without others ever appearing (for instance, getting a Rats Overkill Pro Job is hard as hell). If you want a whole new set of missions to choose from you need to either complete one or exit the game as host and relaunch it.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

organburner posted:

So is it possible to make a low visibility loadout with a silenced secondary? It seems like you might be able to make the CAR-4 sneaky enough to be able to sneak in a crosskill with the standard silencer, but first you need the mods to drop.
Which is, yeah, not happening for me.

For the CAR-4 to be low visibility you need the stealth barrel, the folding stock, the aftermarket special and the vintage mag.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Grapplejack posted:

I beat Big Oil once and that was enough to know not to ever do Big Oil unless it is with a group of people you know.

Big oil isn't that bad if you know what to do (especially if you grab the info on day 1 by swarming the bikers house) it's just not worth it since it gives piss poor cash reward and barely any more experience than, say, Watchdogs.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Unrelated, I am surprised so many people say you *need* the Big Oil 1 intel or things get way harder. I haven't played it a lot but the times I have played we were able to find the info easily, either through stealth or the method of "IT'S CRIME TIME"-ing our way through the front door. Just look for clipboards, yeah?

Getting at least part of the intel is pretty much key to making it go much smoother though. Having a keycard or the plane keys means you can avoid drilling/exploding/ECMing one of the 3 or so possible doors (which helps a little), and you can also extract as soon as your engine is verified rather than having to wait for the chopper to come back.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Slim Killington posted:

It sounds good, but the likelihood that you'll be downed next to a hostage is so low that the points are better spent elsewhere. You only really start getting dropped a lot toward the end of missions and hostages start to get pulled out by then.

Plus all your hostages are usually tied down, lest they escape when you're not looking.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Framing Frame on Overkill is so easy at this point for me to do solo I've just been soloing up until Day 3 when I need people to grab gold from the vault. I get an extra 400k crew alive bonus (that goes towards respecs because seriously, there's nothing else to buy) and they get a good 50k xp/900ish cash for what amounts to 2 minutes of playtime. Win-win in my book.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Foehammer posted:

Oh god now I want this. That was the best part about SWAT 4.

Couple pages back but this is entirely false. The breaching shotgun took up a whole slot and had 6 shots (it's rarely worth shooting a door open when you can just lockpick it though since lockpicking took maybe 15 seconds), so you'd think you could use it as an additional weapon. Wrong, the breaching shells do zero damage unless you are within 1 foot of the guy you're attacking. Most everybody I know who played SWAT 4 took C2 charges since in addition to opening the door they had the habit of killing and/or stunning anybody who was behind it.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Aliginge posted:

Regarding Joker, am I right in guessing that you can only have one active Cop-pet at any time? Trying to convert another says your "Persuasion Was Resisted".

Does this mean that if you have two dudes with Joker, you can potentially have two Cop-pets running around? Up to four technically if you have a team specced out with it?

Yes. Generally you want to choose the heavy hitters to convert though (Heavy FBI).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

zylche posted:

Update #5 is live holy gently caress that's fast

Changelog: http://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/0/864976837947262102/

quote:

Gameplay
We got word from Bain that the Washington PD is really stepping up their car chase unit - keep an extra eye out in the back mirror heading out of your heists
Bags - you no longer can grab them through walls, fences and such - the easy days are gone!
Revives - gone are the days of reviving your team mate through walls - man up!

Your loot bags now show up in a growing pile in your escape car or chopper

Skills
Updated several skill descriptions
ECM jammers can now be used to open ATM machines
Tweaked ECM feedback potency
Hitman buffed
Silent Drilling - Lower the drill sound effect volume when skill is activated
Chameleon skill description text is now updated and more descriptive
Drill Sergeant BASIC and ACE bonuses increased
Buffed Cable Guy ACE
Buffed converted cops damage

Buffed Underdog BASIC
Stockholm Syndrome - Civilians revive the player faster now

Saves
Fixed that the progress backup save language wasn't clear enough

HUD
HUD viewpoints no longer clips at the edges

Sound
Added beeping call sound for the pager call
Cranked up the volume on the ECM jammer
New Bain-lines added
Added new footsteps
We now stop weapon animations at mission end to prevent them from triggering sounds - for example, no more reload sound from shotgun in mission end screen

Weapons
Fixed pistols (some of them) not using "aiming sensitivity"

Crime.net & Menu
Crime.net filters! Finally! More filter options in crimenet. Pick difficulty, server numbers, new (1 player in) and old (2-3 players in) servers
XP tweaks to 1 day jobs vs 3 day jobs, it is now much more worth doing 2-3 day jobs
Prevent terminate contract option if signed out (server in failed/disconnected state)
Fixed a crash when host sign-out and sign-in during loading
Fixed support for ultra widescreen / eyefinity
Magically fixed controller for Ingame manual

Enemies
Enemies will now be highlighted when they are behind glass, while player is looking through cameras, and the "box" marking heads of enemies will work through glass
Gangsters can be highlighted during sneak phase
Tweaked enemy surrender chances
Sniper shoots less often but packs more punch
Taser has more health and is a bit more sadistic
Bulldozer has now a higher damage tolerance, and is more evil
Taser volume cranked up
Converted enemies will no longer have a pager when they die
Converted guards on players side don't try to sneak off a call for backup

Animations
Fix on saw melee

Network
Fixed a Steam disconnect issue caused by slow harddrives stalling the network thread
Optimize the network code for less waiting

Mallcrashers Job
Lots of new art for the mall such as lamps, barrista furniture and more
New asset icons for mallcrasher gas cans are in.
Blocked off a place where the player could get stuck if he really wanted to inspect certain gym equipment from... interesting angles
Fixed a wonky door on Mallcrasher
Made the AI move around better on the map
Removed the small rooms with the gas cans - reviewers really wanted this

Framing Frame Job - Train Trade
Fixed issues where bags wouldn't count when traded in the Train Trade
Bag collision on roof of train fixed
Fixed collision in the secret tunnels
Removed a floating stone! :)

Ukranian Job
Safes that would spawn inside of walls have been removed

Bank Jobs
Moved the ATM machines in the lobby a bit so they don't intersect
Thermal drill now gets Technician bonuses for speed, alert radius and fixing itself

Framing Frame Job
Fixed disappearing environment on the roof on the penthouse
Fixed a light bug
Fixed some rare objectives bug

Four Stores Job
ATM machines now have a random chance on appearing
Changed civilian animations so that there no longer are stonecold civilians during assaults

Rats Job - Trade
Fixed a crash related to the client drop-in joining and crashing after a couple of seconds

Art - Miscellaneous
Made glass double sided on player van
Added window damage on on office dividers with glass in them

Escapes
Added Park Escape in daytime and Cafe Escape in daytime for better variety
Removed some flying bushes on the Park Escape

Watchdogs Job - Truck load
Fixed a gate that reacted in a strange way when C4 was used
Fixed an issue where bags could be thrown in unreachable places

Firestarter Job - Day 1
Fixed so cameras stop beeping after the alarm goes off

Firestarter Job - Day 2
Fix for cuffed guard that is not detected as suspicious activity
Fixed breakable glass in the server room

Safe house
Fix for one secondary slot missing in weapons rack

I can see the walls/revive changes completely screwing people unless somebody goes down in a decent position.

• Locked thread