Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007
Do we know if there will be a tutorial in the released version of the game, or is there perhaps a good guide online somewhere?

I tried the Beta with a friend, but we ran around like headless chickens not knowing what the hell we were doing. And this was on the easiest map we could select (jewelry store heist), so I don't even want to imagine the harder maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007
I'm playing this blindly for the first time with a few friends, and I have a few questions regarding some mechanics:

Does the visibility meter matter at all, or is it simply Low/Medium/High? For example I will be the same "Medium" regardless of how close I'm to hitting Low\High?

Is money supposed to be incredibly tight, or are we not focusing enough on the "hard" heists? We've just hit level 19, and we're all strapped for cash - the money required for the next tier (~264k?) is right now a enormous sum of money for us since a mission pays out maybe ~30k. Nevermind getting new weapons and adding modifications.

We've split the trees among us, and I got the Technician tree. Are C4's invisible to civilians/guards? I was thinking of grabbing the "On/Off" upgrade to make them warn if someone walks past during stealthy attempts, but that idea flies out of the window if the NPCs notice them.

My Ghost friend is going to tear his hair out soon - How does the ECM jammer work? Is it map-wide? How long does the duration last?

I really like this game so far, even if my group is utterly terrible at stealth (Framing Frames Day 1 is currently our whale, and somehow we always gently caress up Jewelry Store. Don't even get me started on Bank Heist). And although the ingame talent tree is terrible with explaining what "significantly" means, the calculator in the OP helped clear that up!
The number one complaint we have so far is that none of us have gotten a single mask yet. Loads of patterns/colours, but no mask. :shobon:

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007
After not seeing it pop up ever, and it being the only mission we had not played yet as a group, my friends and I bought the Big Oil heist by using off-shore money and went into it blindly, only knowing it had a bad reputation.

Day 1 went so-so, but the spending money we got from it was OK for being a short mission. And then we got to map 2.

If the information is burned on day 1, is it practically impossible to know which engine is the correct one? We sent one away for "testing", but died before we got an answer. It being a pro-only job, we're not really keen on retrying it before we know. :haw:

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007

Lemon Curdistan posted:

No, it's completely possible. You need to look for several clipboards around the house: one will tell you which of the three elements is the right one (you then use the whiteboard at the lab entrance to match that to a main canister colour) and one will tell you what the secondary element is and how many cables are connecting it to the main device (this is shown as e.g. "2xH" for "two cables, hydrogen"). Once you have those, look for a computer in the main lab that gives you a value in psi; you need to convert that to bar and then check the pressure gauge on the engine to make sure that it matches (for reference, the computer almost always indicates ~5800psi which is ~400bar IME, but that might not be the case every time).

The intel on day 1 only does stuff like let you escape in the plane when the engine is confirmed rather than wait for the chopper, or just give you blueprints for the house. It has no bearing on day 2 at all.

:downs: Oh. Now I just feel rather dumb. Thank you for explaining it!

• Locked thread