Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Atoramos posted:

I'm really curious how much functionality the Safe House actually has. Overkill has hinted at greater functionality, but so far nobody knows poo poo.

Given the security cameras in the Safe House, and how they look out onto the streets, I'm betting that at some point in the future we will get "Safehouse Attack" DLC that will have the FBI attacking the Safe House to try and take down the gang once and for all.
Or maybe it's in the retail game but only when everyone in your party is 145++ and has gold masks or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

the posted:

Again, this is a problem I've never encountered before. There's no option for a refund. It doesn't seem fair that I get put in that situation.

Actually, if you do some research, you'd know that Intel HD integrated graphics tend to have horrific problems with most games on the market. The 3 you mentioned earlier are the exception, not the rule.
Also, if you're trying to play games... get a discrete graphics card. Seriously. Expecting integrated graphics to do anything other then run your OS and play Youtube videos is not realistic.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

Wasn't there at least a "We'd like to..." from Overkill about there being a selectable woman player? That plus introducing another person working for Crime.net is leading some of us to conclude that Greta will be another playable character.

The most likely scenario though is that Greta is going to be another contact with a few new jobs, since every other new character introduced in the web series has been a contact (Vlad, Hector, the Elephant).

Christ, I saw that latest episode of the web series... Good god, they really aren't even trying to make it look good anymore. At first I was hopeful for it, as an introduction to the game - "See how these guys rob banks and are badasses? Wouldn't you like to do it too?"
But now... we have an entire episode about an incompetent female assassin whose greatest skill seems to be looking sultry after killing someone.
I really hope she's a contact and not a new character.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

GotLag posted:

I hope that means they're buffing ARs and SMGs and not nerfing the others.

From DG's twitter -

David Goldfarb posted:

@ArcterZero @sixdemon 12h ago I said: "David Goldfarb @locust9 12h And I don't like nerfs. I like buffs. commence testing."

So yeah, they're buffing the other guns, not nerfing the OP ones.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Patch release has gently caress all to do with the devs and everything to do with Valve. When it gets past 4pm in Seattle you can start losing hope, but until then everyone including Overkill are waiting for Gabe to roll over and push the go button.

(Okay, it's not really Gabe, it's whoever's in charge of the content servers. It's still nothing to do with Overkill, though.)

Actually, no, it has everything to do with the devs. The way Steam's patching system currently works, I could push a patch to the game I'm working on right now, set it live, and watch as every user' computer starts downloading content that turns all the NPCs into huge dicks, if I so desired. I could do it now, or at 4 in the morning, it doesn't matter. Steam is currently set up such that pretty much everything except setting an actual appid as purchaseable is done through the web interface by devs.

So, really, it's on them as to when they want to patch, no red tape whatsoever.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

Shooting Blanks posted:

Patches don't require Valve at all, but IIRC achievements do. Might not be one for awhile...

Nope. Cheevos are dev-controlled too. Basically everything on Steam is dev-controlled currently, makes it way easier to update games rapidly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

Thump! posted:

Edit: The song they have on the teaser page http://www.overkillsoftware.com/charliesanta/#secret is loving awesome actually.

If y'all haven't listened to this, you need to.
It's HOXTON! HOXTABLE! HOXTANITE! :allears:

• Locked thread