Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Reposting my ammo bag info from the last thread because some people might find it useful/interesting:

Insert name here posted:

So after doing some testing with the ammo bag in the safe house I found the following:
  • It's not split between primary and secondary ammo; there's just one pool of ammo that weapons draw from
  • How much weapons draw from is based on a percentage of how much ammo you've used so an empty AK draws just as much as an empty M14 which draws just as much as an empty 1911 and so on
  • A default bag holds enough ammo for exactly 4 full refills (400% ammo if you want to think of it as a percentage)
  • The Enforcer skill that increases the capacity of the ammo bag gives you 50% more ammo per bag (so 6 full refills/600% ammo)
  • The game will always prioritize filling up your secondary first before your primary, so if both your primary and secondary are completely out of ammo, and the bag has exactly 1 full refill left (or 100% ammo) then your secondary will be refilled completely and your primary will still be empty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

dreffen posted:

Would you mind if I took this to add to the OP as it is really good info?
Go for it.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
The Enforcer's super armour is hilarious; you can basically ignore anything weaker than a heavy SWAT because of how much damage you can absorb. :allears:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

This doesn't hugely bother me since if I pack a primary shotgun it's going to be with the Locomotiv, and I'm going to be indoors only. The mag reload with that talent must be insanely fast - the talent cuts down reload speeds by 50% or so, so I might end up using the Saiga instead of the 870 (which I always have trouble with because I can't aim and the RoF is low).

e;

Turns out I can't read and thought the M14 line was for the Saiga. :downs:

I'm pretty annoyed I bought the SG550, I guess the CAR-4 modded out for accuracy + noise is a better suppression weapon. :(
You should check out the super shotgun because it's loving hilarious. I was on Very Hard Jewelry Heist and was standing in the middle of the road when I saw three of the tan FBI dudes running down the road by the hotdog stand. Fired at the head of one of them, popped his helmet and hit one of his buddies hard enough that he got knocked down. poo poo owns so hard, though I need to get the shotgun reload skill because I constantly find myself facing enemies with both chambers recently empty.

Also the Ak 5 is a Swedish variant of the FN FNC not a SG550, hence why it has handguards called "Belgian Heat" to turn it back into a regular FNC:

Even though it apparently sucks I'm buying one anyway cause gently caress da police want that FNC

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Man I really hate the card system for unlocking gun mods. All I want is the triangular M16 handguards and the FNC hanguards for the Ak 5 but nope gotta have like three Saiga 12 tactical russians and two MP5 endplates (no stock).

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Sockerbagarn posted:

Has anyone bothered trying out carbon blade? I'm strongly considering dropping it and going up the mastermind tree to grab smooth talker and dominator instead.
I have it and honestly I don't really notice it at all. Maybe it'll be decent once I get the ace on it but as it stands I'd say the basic isn't really worth getting.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Feeble posted:

So after a bit of experimentation with my CAR4 and attachments I can now sadly say that the game puts a solid lower limit on recoil, well above zero, making it impossible to actually take it any further than that point. Means my dream of an assault rifle with basically no kick at all is just that, a dream :smith:
Use the G36 or Ak 5, both of which have gently caress all for recoil.

Just uh, be prepared to do like no damage ever if you don't get headshots.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Capn Beeb posted:

Is the any reason to use any automatic rifle other than the 7.62 AK? I really like the irons on the AK5, as well as the extra mag or two of ammo, but the 7.62 AK just seems so good at everything that I don't use a shotgun for.
You can basically get away with using whatever as long as your crew is competent, but if you must be all max optimal then the AKM and the M16 are basically the only full-autos to take.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

NovaPolice posted:

Additionally, I hope that someday, if they rebalance/add attachments, I can put a laser sight and a folding stock on the hunting shotgun so I can go full tactical with every possible weapon.
Everyone knows the coolest way to mod the super shotgun is to chop down the barrels but keep the stock to make it like the Doom super shotgun. :colbert:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Oh good I was about to post about how I was really hoping that they'd fix the patch soon because earlier my internet went out for like four hours and I had nothing better to do than grind cards and almost every single weapon mod drop was something I didn't have it was glorious.

Then my internet came back and I had to revert and every single thing I got was something I already had. :(

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Man, I should really sell the Saiga 12 because honestly it's not that useful and there's no reason to take it over the 870 or super shotgun, but god drat mag dumping the thing is way too fun (especially since I've got the fast shotgun reload skill). The 'Tactical Russian' and 'Shark Teeth' mods are total traps for the thing though; putting both on will kill your accuracy so bad for very little gain.

I wish you could at least get a drum mag upgrade for the Saiga, but oh well. At least I'll always have my Sarah Connor 870 (Folding Stock + Shell Rack + Wooden Pump):

Don't even give a poo poo that the stock gets in the way all the time cause it's too cool. :colbert:

Voluspa posted:

Fire Starter Day 3, largest sum yet.
I got a little over 1 mill on an overkill Firestarter once. We stole 11 bags of guns, got three bags of coke from the FBI, and found one bag of gold and one bag of cash in the safety deposit boxes.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It seems like the game really hesitates on breaking the one million spending cash mark, even for huge heists. Getting 945k back on 18 million is only %0.052 return on the cash you heisted :psyduck:
It's 5%, which is 0.05 if you display it as a decimal. You have to break 20 mill in order to get 1 mill in spending since, well that's 5% of 20 mill.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Anatharon posted:

If you're being serious, just get a submachine gun and a primary with decent range like the M380 or Reinfield. Mow down all the glass on the way to the apple store then take down all the headphones and computers there. Shoot everything on the way to the jewlery store, clean it out and grab a bag. Done in 5 or so.
My record for solo Mallcrashers is 2:03 for breaking enough stuff which ended up being about 4:35ish total time after waiting for the helicopter. It's a nice break from doing Four Stores when none of my friends are playing/all their games are full and I want some quick cards.

John Murdoch posted:

From my experience, Bulldozers don't rush in and one-shot you before you can do anything anymore, and even occasionally play nice and dance around at range before moving in on some maps. But in exchange, it feels like they have a bit more health/their weakspot isn't enormous anymore/PD2's weapons aren't as good at blowing their faces off.
I feel like them sitting back and hiding is suppression in effect, as they always seem to do it when I see them off in the distance and start pouring fire into them. No real hard evidence for that though.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

randombattle posted:

If they just would stop giving cash when you have say 100k on hand it would be fine. I don't need 10k from a card if the payday was 900k!
I've got like 24 mill in the bank and there's nothing quite like getting a 3k cash card. :geno:

Carecat posted:

Why isn't gold worth more? It's heavy as gently caress and only worth 45k. Coke is worth 110k, weapons 140k.
The money number that pops up for loot seems to have little to no correlation to how much to actually get paid. For example it says that each bag of guns is worth 140k yet stealing 11 bags on Firestater Overkill and getting no other bags gets you like 11 mill in bag drop cash at the end.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Cease to Hope posted:

Pop doors by sawing between the doorknob or lock and the crease between the door and frame. Several solid taps: a door or padlock can eat up to a full blade.
No door should take more than 50/60% of your blade. If it takes more you're missing.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

fennesz posted:

This is funny because as an Enforcer with Man of Iron aced I can beat down shields into submission, pop Bullet Storm to absolutely decimate bulldozers on my own but if a taser catches me I'm probably boned because my Mosconi fires both of it's shots almost immediately upon getting tased :v:
How's the shield punch skill? It seems really niche for 8 points but there are times where I see shields in like a doorway and I really wish I could just get them out without waiting for them to move.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

fennesz posted:

I agree you shouldn't go Enforcer just for Fully Loaded but it's quite underrated.

Let's take the M308. You go from a capacity of 40 rounds to 50. If you're midway through the Tech tree that's a good 10 more kills you're given. Let's say your M308 is on empty and you refill with an ammo bag: you're still taking 100% (out of a total 400%) from the ammo bag but you're getting 10 more rounds per fill up. Avid saw user? You now get roughly two and a half saw blades each time you restock on ammo. It's a really good skill that applies to primaries and secondaries alike and affords a lot of flexibility toward your weapon of choice.
Yeah it's a great skill and that 25% goes a long way if you're not terrible at conserving ammo. Acing the skill is hilarious too; if you're using a higher ammo cap weapon like the G36, AUG, or M4 you can run over like three ammo packs and get like 40 rounds.

padijun posted:

They have four that goes to six when you ace the skill, times two is twelve.
Base medic bag is only 2 uses.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Aced Carbon Blade trip report: Doesn't seem to do poo poo, don't bother. :(

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

fennesz posted:

Does anyone know if Fully Loaded Ace nets you two shells per pickup if you're using the Mosconi? Because that is a goddamn perpetual ammunition machine right there. :getin:
Kinda. It's like every second box you pick up gives you two.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Robzor McFabulous posted:

Okay, so despite taking a doctor bag on drat near every single heist I've ever done since starting beta, I also would've said they last for three uses base. I learn something new on this thread every day! Not sure why I figured it was three, or how I never noticed it was only two...
Someone posted this earlier, but the easiest way to tell how much uses a doctor bag has is counting the blood packs. One blood pack = one use. Ammo is pretty similar but harder to count at a glance; there's a stack of mags per each 100%, rounded up (so a bag at 101% will show two stacks still).

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Great Beer posted:

Why is carbon blade bad? I picked it because yay extra sawing :buddy:

Is it just flat out non-functional?
It does seem to affect my blade durability, but only so little that it's inconsequential.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

kloa posted:

Anyone hit a billion yet? I'm at $799 million.
Like in the off-shore account? I had 1.1 billion there last I checked.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Feeble posted:

Until you literally can't close that vault door due to overflowing money, it has a purpose.
Sadly it stops piling up once you hit 12 million in spending cash, so you can't completely fill your vault full of cash money.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Pure speculation, but I would imagine they did it that way to try to force people to play different heists instead of playing the same heists repeatedly. Of course, the problem with that approach is that the heists are a) quite different (40s smash and grab vs. 30mn shoot-out vs. hour-long stealth heist), b) not all on the same quality level and c) only one or two of them make the absurd grind for levels and mods tolerable. I don't think they're going to patch it out any time soon. :(
It also helps make pro-jobs a thing since you can't just retry said pro-job over easily.

John Murdoch posted:

Actually scratch that. Instead of being tied directly to each class, there's a general "Professionalism" XP bonus that takes into account stuff like the above. Perhaps this would include Law Enforcers Killed as a penalty against it - acting as both a defacto stealth bonus (obviously there'd be a tolerance for offing 5~, but maybe still a slightly higher bonus for each guard not offed) as well as an incentive for dumb pubbies to not go kill crazy on first responders. It also hearkens back to that one Counterfeit achievement.
If this was a thing I would probably get negative XP because killallcops.exe

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Everything is just as you described...only with more feeling.
Everything is just as you left it... only better.

Rapdawg posted:

You mean dressing up my friend!

WHERE IS MY DIFFERENT SUITS DLC? I demand pinstripes and cardigans! Better yet, we could have them be drops like TF2!

Wait no, that would suck. However a two dollar DLC for a two dollar suit would be kind of neato.
gently caress that, let me wear a dress

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Sevorast posted:

Always, from my somewhat limited experience of having done 6 single day jobs and gotten an escape all 6 times tonight.

Time to finally check out the ghost tree and see how stealth goes, really gonna miss my big awesome man of iron armor though.
It's definitely possible to not get an escape; I did a solo Four Stores earlier where I sawed open the ATMs, stood around for two minutes shooting cops and got into the van when it arrived. No escape despite it being in the middle of an assault.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Capn Beeb posted:

Also am I imagining poo poo or was the Reinfeld changed? It seemed to suffer from video game shotgun syndrome last night.
Did you put Shark Teeth on it? I had it on for a while and it felt like my 870 kept missing and then I noticed that Shark Teeth hits your accuracy hard. Took that poo poo off and it was back to being not poo poo.

Rapdawg posted:

I've liked how they are patching things and dealing with issues fast while being very open, however all of the posts asking people to be less mean come off as a bit.. unprofessional. On that note, I have a question for all of you.

What would we want in the Safehouse?

Its kind of a boring area and is a tutorial area, but even if you could paint it or play the Sims 4 in it, why bother? You can only go in it alone- it just seems like an area that is cool to go in and check out my fat cash but aside from that it is... pointless.
More weapon slots so I can actually buy every gun/buy multiples of every gun. Also a larger vault so the money keeps stacking up past 12 million.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Blunt Force Trauma posted:

There's not a problem with Fully Loaded's wording: "Your total ammo capacity is increased." That's exactly what it does - there is a Tech skill called Mag Plus that increases magazine capacity so maybe there's some confusion with that.
The confusion comes from the pd2skills site has Fully Loaded listed as "increases magazine capacity" which is just flat out wrong. The in-game one just says "Your total ammo capacity is increased" like you said so it's obvious what it does.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Scalding Coffee posted:

If the truck shows up past the gated stairs and forcing you way out in the open, that door can be sawed off halfway to it.
If that's the door I'm thinking of (the one you can't lockpick) you can just shoot it open.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Does anyone actually find the glock18/stryk usable?
It's great for killing anything except the tan FBI. Even against those you can do pretty well if you get up close. It's not optimal or anything but whatever, game's easy enough as it is if you've got a decent crew and I don't play the game to be all ~max-optimal~ I just wanna shoot cops man.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

kloa posted:

So what's everyone's favorite AR? I want to use the AMCAR but holy poo poo does it run out of bullets fast. I'm using the CAR4 and it seems to have the best balance overall for loud/silence builds.
For ARs only my go to weapons on overkill are the AKM and M16. After that I have the AUG and the LR 300 (CAR-4) if I want to mix it up. The AUG in particular is surprisingly good once you have the Leadership skill aced (50% recoil reduction on everything) and get a hang of the recoil since it's a loving tack driver, having a higher base accuracy than the M14. On lower difficulties I also have the Ak 5 which is really fun to use but you really feel the lack of damage on overkill, though if I know I'm running with a good crew I'll take it sometimes anyway cause I can get away with it.

Sometimes I really want to go and use the AK-74 again but I don't have enough weapon slots to have one in my inventory. :smith:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Aliginge posted:

As a gun nerd also, I get that you prefer to call these guns what they are but it gets confusing for people who aren't TFR nerds so I personally prefer calling these guns by their in-game name.

I don't even know like half the in-game names of the guns because I never read them. :saddowns:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Feeble posted:

*Do you really recommend the AUG? It's been like a siren calling to me for a long time with that huge accuracy rating but the recoil and the fact that I can't do much about it without taking a huge hit to mobility mean I've been hesitant to use it. I guess once I get some more mods for it I'll give it a test run.
Yeah I really like it. I use mine completely stock and it seems fine really. At longer ranges I just use single shots into cop heads and at closer ranges the recoil isn't that bad since it's all mostly upwards. I've been considering putting the A3 handguards on it to reduce the recoil though, as I just aced sharpshooter so that should help with the reduction in mobility.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
So yeah by the way since you can't grab loot bags through walls anymore be careful on Watchdogs day 2 where you throw the bags. Had a bag last night slide under the truck in the warehouse where we couldn't reach it. Only at the end did I manage to get it right as we were leaving because I remembered that breaking glass windows apparently causes bags to move a bunch so I shot out the windows above the back entrance to move it close enough to pick it up.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I don't get why the starter guns have to be so god drat poo poo; like I know they're the guns you start with and that the devs probably want you to upgrade but there's no reason for them to be just that terrible. The starting AR does the least damage out of all the primaries and the starting pistol has the distinction of being the least damaging weapon in the game unsuppressed. I just want them to be viable weapons cause I want to use them. :( Especially the starting rifle cause then I could use it to shoot cops and pretend I'm Val Kilmer.

iRend posted:

That's not chillin'.

THIS is chillin'.
The real question is how did you go nine and a half minutes without picking up the thermal drill.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
^^^Do you have the tech headshot damage bonus? I've never been able to successfully pop a tan FBI's head in a single 870 shot, even if it was a good, clean shot. I have the Enforcer shotgun damage skill too.

I fully expect expect the super shotgun to be nerfed. It will be sad when it is, but it's so god drat beast right now I just can't see it being untouched. But hey, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and they don't touch it ever.

Of all the guns I want to see buffed the Saiga 12 is probably at the top of the list. If I read the stats in the OP correctly, not only does it do the least base damage of all the shotguns, but the damage drops off super fast. Faster than the secondary shotgun even, which is really loving retarded. Other primary weapon changes I'd like to see at minimum are touching up the G36 and Ak 5 damage, giving the AKS-74 and M16 an extra mag each and of course, unfucking the starting rifle.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Ryuga Death posted:

I like the Saiga and use it a lot. I feel like I do well with it but it seems I'm the only person who likes it. :smith:
I liked using it a lot too but there's just no reason to actually use it.

Great Beer posted:

Tan FBI and specials don't get supressed so if you play on overkill its pretty worthless. if you need a single point to get to the next tier its worthwhile, especially when hosing down the less brave cops between you and the escape van, but I wouldn't bother acing it.
Tan FBI definitely get suppressed and dive for cover. I would know, I'm a terrible shot. :v:

fennesz posted:

Was doing a bank heist last night and noticed this.

Does anyone have any idea how that was done? I'm pretty sure it wasn't C4 as the brick is placed in the center.
It's C4; the brick gets placed on the centre of the door but only the lock gets blown away. :iiam:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Fun fact about Big Oil day 1: the fence that you can cut surrounding the house has a chance to be electrified. Nothing like finding that out by getting zapped and unloading your entire Krinkov mag involuntarily, alerting all the bikers. :v:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Knightmare posted:

Pretty sure the consensus here was the higher level enemies don't really get suppressed so it's kind of a waste in Overkill and whatnot. At early levels it should be alright. It's nice for crossing streets full of cops.
I've definitely seen tan FBI stop and hide and dive/roll for cover when I'm shooting at them. It also seems like specials get less aggressive when I'm unloading at them, like when I see a Bulldozer moving in the distance and I open up on him and he stops to get behind cover but because he's so fat I can still hit him in the head anyway. I'm not so sure about the specials though; maybe that Bulldozer was just admiring that light pole and I shot him in the face like a jerk.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Magic Underwear posted:

You could do it with the enforcer skill that lets you melee shields. But the bank is not really that hard to defend. I get more pissed at people who get downed on the roof. What possible reason could you have for going on the roof?
Reasons for going onto the roof:
  1. Shoot cops
  2. Stop them from gassing rooms in the bank
  3. Shoot cops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

How the hell do you zoom out on those cameras? :stare:
The W and S keys zoom in and out on the cameras.

• Locked thread