Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ataru13
Jul 28, 2005

...Packing Space-Age Shit!
^^^ Don't forget doors being locked or open, fence placement, item placement (like boards for windows, safes, etc), and objective placement, all of which get randomized fairly frequently.

Archonex posted:

Am I right in thinking that this sounds like an expanded Left 4 Dead, only with cops and crime instead of zombies and survival? The idea of surviving through a level with spawning waves of enemies and unique/somewhat randomized objectives puts me in mind of it.

I'm also curious as to how many maps there are going to be at release. A lot of the areas in that preview picture look like they're the same area. If it's just three or four the amount of randomization had better be really high.

Edit: I just watched the E3 stage video. Holy poo poo, that's pretty neat looking.

Payday definitely drew inspiration from L4D, infact, in the first game they eventually included a free DLC map based around Mercy Hospital. The protagonists from Payday are implied to be responsible for the L4D outbreak. As for how many maps, I don't know if a solid number has been posted yet, but we had access to 7 or so in the beta, and I know there's at LEAST one more they've mentioned debuting at launch. One thing to bear in mind is you can't access all the levels immediately, and need to do some leveling up to get some of the higher tier missions to unlock.

Ataru13 fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ataru13
Jul 28, 2005

Does aceing fast learner further increase your xp gain, or does it simply allow your crew to benefit from it? Also, people keep saying the ghost tree is worthless, but that magic find all the way at the end of the tree looks really drat tempting. I was thinking maybe something like this: http://www.pd2skills.info/#/profile/gently caress-you-got-mine/

Ataru13
Jul 28, 2005

Is anyone else having trouble joining games after this latest patch? I haven't been able to connect to any :psyduck:

• Locked thread