Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Anyone care to critique this build? I am mainly aiming for a build that kills and kills some more. I generally use an AK for primary and the locomotive shotgun for secondary.

http://goo.gl/b9raSz

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
It's not too hard to learn the basics in the game but if you are concerned play with goons I know I would have no problems walking someone through a heist. Although, I have only played since Sunday.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 13, 2013

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Is it worth investing skill points into the portable saw in the Enforcer tree?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I don't know if this has been said yet or not, but stop buying the console version you jagoffs. Buy the Steam digital copy and play with us goons. We are always looking for one more every single loving night. Several groups of 3's just looking for one more! :argh:

Stop being that guy that plays Payday 2 on console, and be coolbros that play with goons in the Steam group.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Feeble posted:

I would argue that the soft cap's closer to 60 or so. 50-60 you can still ostensibly level up by doing a few multiday heists but now that I've finally hit 60 it really has slowed to a crawl. And yeah, lvl 100 builds are ludicrously optimistic unless you obsessively play this game for like a dozen hours a day.

Yeah, I've pretty much come to a stand still at 65. Not having anything new to unlock also kills my motivation to grind out more levels, aside from the occasional drop-in pub match for Watchdogs or goons group to stealth and goof around in missions.

If they gave me more things to play Barbie with, like more guns and gun slots/safe house customization, I would be grinding this poo poo out, even more so. As it is I still enjoy the game but not for poopsocking, anymore.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

We welcome our console playing brethren. We understand that not everyone has the PC to run this game. I'm sure that dreffen would be happy to throw some group organizing info into the OP if you asked. We're sorry you're quite a bit behind on patches, but I'm sure you'll be caught up soon (and don't worry, I envy your ten cable ties).

Ignore Agrajag.

VVVV Bear in mind that there's a soft cap around fifty for skill points because around there progress slows to an absolute crawl. So level 100 theorybuilds aren't really that viable anymore.

My post against consoles was not meant to be taken seriously if you did not notice the glib tone of my post.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Aug 21, 2013

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Feeble posted:

Payday 2: Framing Frames: Whelp, Time To Man Pile

That's more like it.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
This is my stealth when I want to and shoot when I want to build. http://goo.gl/7B9fsP Should I change anything?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I am pretty annoyed that now whenever I want to drop in on a pubmatch for a run of Rats it is always being sped run. Before they buffed the experience I would know for sure it would be played by people doing a proper run but now it's all speed run all the drat time. I enjoy shooting cops god drat it but everyone wants to speed run it. Even if I open a lobby myself everyone expects it to be a drat speed run. They need to at least give some sort of penalty for failing every day of the heist.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Blunt Force Trauma posted:

You can do it before the door opens. Use the audio cues - when the mission starts the truck is moving (according to the audio), you get pulled over, wait until you hear the brakes and the saw icon will appear shortly after.

I don't know if bringing a saw just to saw out the bottom is worth it on Watchdogs Day 1. Seeing that you are severely handicapping yourself and your team with having no primary in what is a long shootout is not a good idea. Added to the fact that the saw is of negligible benefit since the only use it gets is to saw out the bottom at the start of the mission and that is it.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Do any of you guys notice how a high number of pubs run about as if they are playing CS or some bullshit and refuse to use cover? They all keep dying out in the open on OK missions. I refuse to run out to also get killed trying to help them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Has there been any new content added since launch? New weapons or missions or even an option to spend money on the safe house?

• Locked thread