Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Knormal posted:

You mean... A cricket came in?

Cricket closed: Cold boot solved the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Our old datacenter had a door that had been bricked over on the other side. On our side it was still marked emergency exit. :downs:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

That doesn't sound very legal

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mo_Steel posted:

:perfect:

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Mo_Steel posted:

The Something Awful Forums › Discussion › Serious Hardware / Software Crap › RE: A Cricket Came in: Cricket closed: Cold boot solved the issue.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

nmfree posted:

The Something Awful Forums › Discussion › Serious Hardware / Software Crap › RE: A Cricket Came in: Cricket closed: Cold boot solved the issue.

Seconded

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

nmfree posted:

Thirded.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Did I ever post the picture of the frog that got stuck in our data center? He was stone cold dead, totally dehydrated. I'll see if I can find it but it was a couple phones ago...

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?

Thanks Ants posted:

That doesn't sound very legal

When we have tower blocks encased in super flammable material, it seems anything is game these days.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Ugh, obviously you're unfamiliar with Robert's Rules of Order.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

nmfree posted:

Beautiful.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Jesus Christ, Linus.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Why?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Apparently he can't find a fifty-foot DP cable.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Didn't he do a "put this pc in a closet and run it off thunderbolt" a while back? Just loving use thunderbolt.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

TinTower posted:

Apparently he can't find a fifty-foot DP cable.

They are easy to get though...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/co...REG&sku=1238238

Steakandchips posted:

Didn't he do a "put this pc in a closet and run it off thunderbolt" a while back? Just loving use thunderbolt.

Where the gently caress is fiber optic thunderbolt 3, anyways? That was supposed to come out like a year ago.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Steakandchips posted:

but then he wouldn't be a true turbonerd like his viewers

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Cricket Update: the cricket has migrated over the weekend from the warehouse to the front offices. It's somewhere between the IT and sales offices now.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Entropic posted:

Cricket Update: the cricket has migrated over the weekend from the warehouse to the front offices. It's somewhere between the IT and sales offices now.

So the cricket has been forwarded to IT Support? :downsrim:

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Entropic posted:

Plot twist: It's the cricket app on someone's phone

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Cricket has been escalated.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
There's only one, right?

Cricket closed (unreproducible)

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Push the cricket back to sales - they over-promised and it's not a support issue.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

I love this

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Sickening posted:

Some people see it as a viable strategy to tell their top performers that they are poo poo to keep them where they are. Sadly it does work. Just never let it work on you.
It's always something. Two jobs ago:

Boss: Because you work remotely, people think you're not really working.
Me: Uh, I run half our website. How can people think I'm not doing anything when I literally put items on our front page, and only two people at the company can do that?
Boss: Just saying, some people have asked questions. If you need to leave, say you're spending more time with your family. Nobody will judge you.

[two months later]

Me: :yotj:
Boss: What? I never expected this!

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Haha, nice one mac!

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Collateral Damage posted:

Our old datacenter had a door that had been bricked over on the other side. On our side it was still marked emergency exit. :downs:

The stoop outside the fire exit here gets so icy during the winter that the door just jams when you try to open it.

The doors from our office to the fire exit lock from the inside and nobody has the key.

One day the building's going to catch on fire, we'll go down the fire exit, get trapped in the stairwell, and burn to death.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The fire will melt the ice out of the lock though

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MisterZimbu posted:

The stoop outside the fire exit here gets so icy during the winter that the door just jams when you try to open it.

The doors from our office to the fire exit lock from the inside and nobody has the key.

One day the building's going to catch on fire, we'll go down the fire exit, get trapped in the stairwell, and burn to death.

The fire department would probably be very interested to hear about that safety violation.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

We've had enough shocking nightclub fires where people can't get out the building that I have so little time for people having a lovely attitude to ensuring fire escapes work.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
Our board decided to spend $350,000 last week to move the board room on the third floor, so they can "Get more light". They're moving to a corner of the building, displacing 15 people, and blocking a fire exit for this move. For the 6 times a year they meet in that room.

I hope they all get thrown out that nice new window.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Thanks Ants posted:

We've had enough shocking nightclub fires where people can't get out the building that I have so little time for people having a lovely attitude to ensuring fire escapes work.

Nightclub goers deserve it.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Dick Trauma posted:

We all know it's 8675309. :colbert:

24601 :colbert:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

90210?

PremiumSupport
Aug 17, 2015

I do like using that one for 5 digit locks, :hfive: for 4 digit models though you can't do better than 1138.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

PremiumSupport posted:

I do like using that one for 5 digit locks, :hfive: for 4 digit models though you can't do better than 1138.

0451 :colbert:

PremiumSupport
Aug 17, 2015

For 3-digit sure, but the leading 0 to force it into 4 digits kinda ruins it

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin
A ticket came in: user states starting a couple of weeks ago he can't get to the websites he usually visits.

"Web filtering is working per HR policy, please request any exceptions through HR_webfilter@company.com" - Ticket Closed.

DigitalMocking fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Aug 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

DigitalMocking posted:

A ticket came in: user states starting a couple of weeks ago he can't get to the websites he usually visits.

It's...uh...research

yeah

e: you'd think after the second website he'd catch on and give up...

• Locked thread