Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
They are really dropping the ball with marketing if people have to ask if its even open world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Yeah it was really, really unclear to me what genre of game it even was for a very long time.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
It feels like it should be a fun co-op game with such a wild cast of characters... but it's single-player only.

It just feels like a total mess.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

They are really dropping the ball with marketing if people have to ask if its even open world

yeah. i am sure it will be fun and funny and the early full playthroughs seem fun but with so much poo poo coming out soon(october will be packed and i want to save up) i may end up skipping for now.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It'll be out on Humble Monthly / PS+ eventually. :v:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Timby posted:

I like SR4 a lot, but "masterpiece" is taking it a step or two too far, at least for me. The hellish Stilwater VR thing is just exhausting to look at after a while.

Counterpoint: How The Saints Saved Christmas is the best Christmas videogame ever invented

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Songbearer posted:

Counterpoint: How The Saints Saved Christmas is the best Christmas videogame ever invented

Christmas is terrible, and Christmas-themed anything is also terrible. :colbert:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I don't care how bad Agents of Mayhem looks, Saints Row 4 brought me more joy than any other games in years, so I will support them day 1 even if the game sits unplayed for a year. :D

Nokiaman
Mar 2, 2013

Medullah posted:

I don't care how bad Agents of Mayhem looks, Saints Row 4 brought me more joy than any other games in years, so I will support them day 1 even if the game sits unplayed for a year. :D

:same:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

:agreed:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Medullah posted:

I don't care how bad Agents of Mayhem looks, Saints Row 4 brought me more joy than any other games in years, so I will support them at some point down the line when the game is like fifteen cents

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Medullah posted:

Same but also no because I'm poor.
I'm even having to postpone Shadows of War until maybe next spring.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Medullah posted:

Even I'm waiting for the price to drop below the post-inflation Monkey Island line.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
If you think the game looks bad and you're not going to play it, you shouldn't preorder it for full price, imo

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Kotaku did a thing on the game, and the author answers more questions in the comments section.

http://kotaku.com/five-things-i-already-love-about-agents-of-mayhem-1797729800

The fights especially are sounding more dynamic than they've looked to me in previews I've seen.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I have a raised eyebrow over Agents of M.A.Y.H.E.M. and I hope it succeeds because I like Volition, but I am not seeing myself buying it on release, specially because my game budget for the rest of the year is already tied-up and it's not like this is Freespace 3 and exceptions apply.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I made a thread where both of us that are getting the game can talk about it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3830259

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I, myself, look forward to making authoritative judgements about this game after learning all about it from talking to someone who watched a youtube playthrough of this.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

prefect posted:

Christmas is terrible, and Christmas-themed anything is also terrible. :colbert:

wow look at Mr. Scrooge over here

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I noticed Mayhem has Denuvo, so I'm kinda :shrug: and will wait for that to be removed first.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

kloa posted:

I noticed Mayhem has Denuvo, so I'm kinda :shrug: and will wait for that to be removed first.

What, really? That's what I get for preordering.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
What do people have against Denuvo? The always online aspect? Its literally the only DRM that works right now, and Agents of Mayhem is like the definition of a piratable game: single player and not worth the asking price

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
The reddit/4chan anti-DRM brigades chose it as a target and have a huge misinformation campaign against it.

At the same time, a lot of games get cracked fast because devs don't implement Denuvo correctly.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Plus its not permanent. Both Hitman and Doom both removed it once (I assume) they were comfortable that everyone that was going to buy it most likely already had

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Plus its not permanent. Both Hitman and Doom both removed it once (I assume) they were comfortable that everyone that was going to buy it most likely already had

No, Denuvo got cracked, that's when (and only then) the removals started.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I never understood why Hitman even had Denuvo, considering it's also an always online game so it's two layers of DRM. What was the point of the developers spending that extra money?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I never understood why Hitman even had Denuvo, considering it's also an always online game so it's two layers of DRM. What was the point of the developers spending that extra money?

Different departments making decisions probably. The always online aspect may not have been part of the initial design and by the time they decided to go with it, they'd already spent the money for Denuvo so might as well keep it.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

So, on a brief tangent in regards to AoM, I almost find it sad that, thanks to Gat rebooting the universe in the AoM timeline, the Boss is either dead via SR1, or, even worse, God saw fit to not bring The Boss along for the reboot ride.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Nah, the boss never fell into the ganger lifestyle and is Gat's boss.

That's my headcanon at least.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
God knew that there was no way an ensemble cast could exist with someone with as strong a personality as the Boss around.

But nonexistence will only hold the Boss back for so long.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Viridiant posted:

God knew that there was no way an ensemble cast could exist with someone with as strong a personality as the Boss around.

Jesus christ Volition this is your pitch go do SR5 right now

The Boss willing themselves back into existence is just the right kind of stupid for this series

(preferably with the Boss also taking revenge on God for being a dick, because why the gently caress not at this point)

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
My headcannon is that the boss is just Persephone Brimstone. I can't be the only person who ran SR4 with rear end in a top hat french woman as my character.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Actually that would make some sense.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Persephone doesn't like Freckle Bitches though.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Yeah, Persephone is too high class to be the Boss.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
AoM spoilers: You're half right. It's revealed that the boss was split into three: their id, ego, and superego. Their id was reconstituted into the villain of AoM, Doctor Babylon, who just wants destruction, and their superego into Perephone Brimstone. At the end, the Mayhem crew sets out to find the Boss' ego and reform them into the true Boss.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Bogart posted:

AoM spoilers: You're half right. It's revealed that the boss was split into three: their id, ego, and superego. Their id was reconstituted into the villain of AoM, Doctor Babylon, who just wants destruction, and their superego into Perephone Brimstone. At the end, the Mayhem crew sets out to find the Boss' ego and reform them into the true Boss.

I wonder if this was always their plan or if its something they did after Agents of Mayhem's reveal was greeted with so much indifference/wondering why it wasn't a Saints Row game as a way of trying to salvage things.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Bogart posted:

is this legit

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Viridiant posted:

I've not gotten far into AoM yet, but I'm just imagining the Agents, fresh from finishing off L.E.G.I.O.N, all confused as gently caress at this ominous new force seeming to come from nowhere, only for The Boss to just start to rip a hole in reality, casually kicking around what looks like an old man with a beard (And maybe a Browncoat or the like) before stepping out and just going 'Pierce, the gently caress are you doing looking like that" or the like. Cue SR5.

Bogart posted:

If this is real, I'm going to lose it laughing at the end of AoM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Things aren't looking good at Volition... Lot of layoffs according to this.

• Locked thread