Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I am assuming this question probably gets asked a lot, but I found SR3 to be rather bland and I had a hard time finishing it. Is it a big deal if I skip it and go straight to SR4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Dewgy posted:

These people are wrong, SR1 is great. Clunky, but great. It's like a love letter to GTA3, made on the 360.

SR1 is weird because when it came out, it was the only GTA-like game in existence on a next-gen console. Love letter to GTA3 is very accurate, right down to the (mostly) silent protagonist. I even played the multiplayer and it was great fun because nothing else like it existed at the time. R.I.P. Pistol Whip Syndicate

I'm just gonna suck it up and give SR3 another shot. I didn't hate it, it just didn't grab me. I mainly wanted to jump into SR4 because of all the love it was getting in the City of Heroes thread of all places.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

El Tortuga posted:

On an unrelated note, when I join Co-op games on the 360, it tells me that "my NAT is not set to Open" and that might prevent me from joining some games. What the hell does that mean? I am very computer-illiterate.

I haven't had an xbox in a while but I'm pretty sure you can change your NAT setting somewhere in the 360 options. The choices are Strict, Moderate, and Open.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
No, you have to like one or the other. You also have to pick between Metal Gear Solid and Splinter Cell, or between Mario and Sonic.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Man now I have to replay Sleeping Dogs. What a great game that was. Thanks a lot for adding a game I've already beaten to my backlog, assholes

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Finally finished Saints Row the Third. Was a terrible slog the whole time. I liked everything except the actual missions. For all the complaints about GTAIV being basically "go here and kill dudes" that was essentially every mission in this game.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 25, 2013

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

SynthOrange posted:

Even the Decker missions and the finale? :ohdear:

Ok yeah the Decker missions were pretty sweet, I almost forgot about those. The finale was the worst part actually. You fight a shitload of dudes then a tank shows up and instantly downs Pierce, and then you die trying to help him up. Repeat three loving times. I ended up cheesing it by going back to the crib and grabbing a VTOL.

Actually you're probably referring to the other finale. Plotwise it was great but gameplay-wise it was terrible. The enemies still shot you while you ran around pressing Y on things. Then a 'boss fight' that is yet another trope of "do the same exact thing three times"

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 25, 2013

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Well gently caress even I can't say no to $5

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Hey now I suddenly have the GATV pack! Awesome! Its as if the game somehow knew that I just pre-ordered Gat Out of Hell.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Viridiant posted:

Yeah, I gotta say that the combination of no missions, no radio, no clothing, no homies makes this a no-buy for me too. I'll buy it if my friends sound like they're having enough fun with it or if it goes on sale, but otherwise I'm afraid I'm gonna skip it. Sorry, Volition.

This, combined with the fact that I already thought I purchased the game but now I guess I didn't, has soured me on the experience as a whole. The only reason I even know there was a gently caress-up is because I read this thread.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Got my code too, gently caress yeah. My card was charged what I agreed to. I should mention I also did it as a guest.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jan 20, 2015

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Wiseblood posted:

All the voices are back except Troy Baker. If you had Male Voice 1 it gets carried over with Nolan North's voice.

I agonized over Troy Baker vs Nolan North voice. Now the choice has been made for me. Nolan North is now canon boss.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

IdolNinja posted:

Does that mod do anything with grenades by any chance? The INSERT mapping in Sandbox+ is mapping the normally unused offhand grenade functions. Perhaps something in that other mod is triggering it.

For the record I have the same problem as that guy. I'm using Sandbox+ as part of a compilation mod pack. I ended up deleting the custom keybind file.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I've always wanted to look up the cutscenes for previous Saints Row games but unless it's my character that I made, I can't find myself giving a gently caress.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Finally getting around to finishing Saints Row 4 now that Gat Outta Hell is out. Just a few more main missions to go. Gat's voice reminds me so much of Chris Moltisanti from Sopranos. Are the co-op challenges any fun? They are taunting me all over my map.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Feb 1, 2015

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Just reminding everybody you can get Saints Row 2 and Saints Row 3 for $5 over here at BundleStars. I already owned Saints Row 3 without DLC and even I couldn't resist that poo poo.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Hooooly poo poo, Enter the Dominatrix is loving hilarious. The writing in this is several steps above the main game, which was already good. Totally worth it.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Hey guys I found out I have the Australian version of Saints Row 4 for some reason, which means I can only co-op with people that also have this version. I'd very much like to do the co-op challenges, feelin the urge to 100% this bad boy. Would anyone please help me out?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/solidsnakesbandana/

edit: I was hosed out of a loyalty mission?!?! gently caress!

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Feb 2, 2015

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Krowley posted:

Ah man, that was such a cool mission too. How did you end up with a poo poo version?

I got it for free in the gifting thread so I can't really complain. I did buy the season pass though. I'm watching the mission on Youtube right now, it's great. Wish I could have played it.

Does that mean my version is low violence? I'm really curious what regular violence is like then.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
While I am still interested in co-op challenges in the AUS version of Saints Row 4, I just now started Gat Out of Hell and would like some co-op buddies. Once again that steamID is http://steamcommunity.com/id/solidsnakesbandana/

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I thought Enter the Dominatrix was worth it. It's very short, but the writing is probably the funniest yet. I was laughing constantly the entire time.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I was thinking about one of my favorite things about Saints Row 1: The hilarious talk radio station. A little bit of research lead me here, where all the sound files are ready to play! Been playing it while playing Saints Row 2

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Bum the Sad posted:

Got my official Saints Row minifig

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Also, while looking for something similar to KBOOM from Saints Row 1, I stumbled upon the Holy loving Grail. This youtube playlist contains every funny radio commercial from basically every open world crime game that contains funny radio commercials. I didn't realize I wanted this but I love it. Ironically it does not contain KBOOM.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I finally got into Saints Row 2 after a few false starts before. Also it helps that you dont have to use Powertools anymore to fix that speedup bug, which was hitting me hard. Since then I've put over 20 hours into it and I've barely touched the story missions. To be fair, around 3 of those hours was trying to get level 6 snatch for the SMG ammo. So much bullshit kept happening. Another two hours spent trying to figure out how basejumping works and constantly dying on my way to and from the airport. loving awesome game.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
In Saints Row 2, get the stripper pole in the Red Light Loft. Stand outside of your door and a steady stream of strippers will walk out. The first time I noticed it, a total of five strippers came out at once despite the room being empty moments before. Then some naked chick came over and shook her tits at us, then ran off.

edit: I just found the minibike

P.S. its very hard to do a wheelie, rotate the camera, and hit Print Screen at the same time

I managed to get it stuck this way:

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 17, 2015

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Light Gun Man posted:

Play Champions Online then!

This will only lead to disappointment.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

poptart_fairy posted:

Saints Row is a very serious game.

Saints Row 2 can get serious sometimes. Here's me and Johnny payin our respects to Aisha

RIP

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

poptart_fairy posted:

Oh man I felt so bad when I turned up in that mission wearing my regular combat gear. :(

This is my regular combat gear!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'm going to take that as a compliment.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
2/3rds of the way through Saints Row 2, and I get all the praise for it. It's missing a few things from 3, but overall there's no comparison. 2 is just way, way better.

It's basically Joker Simulator (from Batman) because pretty much everything the boss does would be completely in character for the Joker.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Feb 24, 2015

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
You're the leader of a gang for christ's sake, you need to be blinged out as gently caress.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Capn Beeb posted:

Sharp dressed mass murderers stick together :hfive:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

happyhippy posted:

Or do what GTA is scared to do, 1960's London.

I played The Getaway and found it to be quite mediocre.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Did anyone ever not pick "gently caress Cancer"?

Because seriously, gently caress cancer

I figured the world hunger thing would benefit more people and eventually cancer would get cured anyway.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Xand_Man posted:

I will sing you the song of my people.

I could not cringe hard enough during this segment. It was super lame.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
It was like a Family Guy joke that didn't really land, but instead of just moving on to the next joke, it goes on for like two minutes. Any joke that starts with a meme and ends with a song parody is just dead in the water as far as I'm concerned. Really the only reason it's notable is because its the only joke that made me cringe, other than maybe the forced singing with the Boss and Pierce during an early car ride. I guess what I really hate is people singing songs in stupid voices and that being the punchline.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jan 10, 2016

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I feel like a reboot would just be "The Saints" followed by an attempt to copyright the word Saints and launch a campaign of mobile games with the word Saints in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

whether there is a statute of limitations on murder.

The conclusion is no.

Well why the gently caress not?

• Locked thread