Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Saints Row 1 and 2 Definitive Editions for Xbone, PS4 and PC.

That way Playstation owners can finally experience the first game and PC owners can experience the first game and a not dogshit port of the second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Stillwater's assets probably won't work nice when ported into the new engine. Maybe. Maybe Idol Ninja will know.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Did Gat Out of Hell ever elaborate on Troy? I know he was helping the Saints from within the police but he kind of just seemed to disappear after Saints Row 2.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

The Assassination missions in 2 is way better than in 1. At least in 2, you had to fulfill some kind of criteria to get them to appear. In 1, it was just random luck with regards to the spawn rate, they were never in the district the game said they'd be and rarely in the same time of day for that matter and the game was glitchy enough that some targets might never spawn in the game.

More than anything, I'd love to see a remake of SR 1 with the new engine and mechanics from later games than I would SR 2, especially since not many people played SR 1 and the references to it in SR 4 confused a lot of people.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Didn't Windows 8 and possibly 10 fix that bug? I swear I heard somewhere that it only affected Vista and 7.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

My biggest problem with Saints Row 1 is that the activities in it can be rather buggy, unfair and unbalanced, where some things seem to depend entirely on RNG on if you pass that activity level or not. Also the Hitman activity is just a huge piece of poo poo in it, you'll go to the area where the game says your target will spawn, drive around for about an hour of game time and he/she'll never spawn and then you'll give up and go elsewhere and do other things before your target spawns in a place they're not supposed to be in and you no longer have the weapon required to actually kill them and cross them off the list. Saints Row 2's method of having you do certain things to trigger them spawning was a huge godsend.

But overall, I kind of liked it despite of its jank and there's a couple of references and jokes in Saints Row 2 and 4 that will go over your head unless you have played it or watched a playthrough of it.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Gat's still cool. It's just that neither SR3 nor 4 show why Gat is such a badass and most of his development is done in 2. This could be why they wanted to kill him off for good too and focus on a new cast as the returning characters in 3 were the weakest link overall besides Zimos.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

K8.0 posted:

Assuming you get it set up right, it's perfectly fine aside from the lovely audio quality.

Wouldn't say that. It's certainly much more playable with the mod, but it still crashed pretty frequently for me when I played the PC version with Gentlemen of the Row about two years ago.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Cythereal posted:

I picked up Saint's Row 3 on sale for under five bucks after playing and enjoying 4 a lot, but I can't help but be disappointed. 3 has its moments, and it's a different switch to go from superpowers climbing up and flying over skyscrapers to actually bothering with cars and routes, and the wanted levels are much more forgiving and fun than 4's bullshit wardens and marauders, but 3 on the whole is a very eh experience compared to 4.

Most damningly, the in-game radio songs are awful compared to 4, especially on the Mix.

3 was also in development during the period where THQ were going belly up and lots of compromises and cut content had to be made. 4 was basically a planned expansion pack for 3 which got blown up into it's own thing under a new publisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I never understood why Hitman even had Denuvo, considering it's also an always online game so it's two layers of DRM. What was the point of the developers spending that extra money?

• Locked thread