Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Cleretic posted:

I also read it as a little more 'them against the director'. The boss might not have under normal circumstances, been especially fond of that actress. But the director is just that lovely that the Boss naturally gravitates toward her instead.

But wouldn't the Boss' normal response to someone acting lovely to someone they like be to kill/beat them senseless? He rarely ever voices an opinion with the director, and when he does he's usually ignored and he's completely ok with it. Even near the end when the director tries to kill him, he's still totally shocked and taken off guard when Jenny tries to kill him. That's not what SR2 Boss would do, SR2 Boss would have gotten his camera out and taken a nice picture right before Jenny divebombed into the director's face.

I guess the most disappointing part of Gangstas In Space is that there's no actual "Gangsta" stuff in it. I was kind of expecting more dissing aliens and hundreds of repeated instances of "Saints Row, Bitches!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Byers2142 posted:

This post doesn't make sense. Like, I know all of those words individually, but put together like that...

I was in too much of a rush to actually find where the helicopter was. It was a very long swim...

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Man this is some Ed Boon-level trolling if this image is fake. I want Santa Claus as a superpowered homie

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

J posted:

You can listen to radio stations while not in a car??? God that was one of my bigger gripes with SR3, I remember holding down the exit car key to do the moving bailout just because that would leave the radio playing somewhat audibly if you were still near the car. It really sucked having the music interrupted in that game sometimes.

If you double-tap Triangle/Y when getting out of a car, it'll leave the radio on for you.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

weaaddar posted:

That said the plot is a little silly.

If simulation 31 strictly exists to torment the boss, and everyone in the simulation is fake except for the wardens, ( as suggested by Keith's loyalty mission) why do they keep it running after the boss escapes the ship?

I'm guessing it's because Zinyak knows The Boss will go back into the simulation for his/her futile attempt for revenge, so he might as well keep it up so he can get more opportunities to torment him/her. Why he doesn't just shut it down when essentially all of his ships' resources are being devoted to keeping it running is beyond me. Pride, essentially. All of Zinyak's dumb decisions can really just be explained by his pride.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Tiggum posted:

Also, anyone know what the "super-kick" challenge is? I've apparently super-kicked the required ten vehicles, but not ten enemies, and I have no idea how to do it. I thought maybe the quick melee attack (F key), but that doesn't seem to increase my count, and I'm pretty sure I never did that to any cars. I can't figure out how I'm supposed to do that one.

The quick attack key is the "super-kick", you're doing it right, the problem is is that the game requires 2 things for it to count as a super-kick.
1. The animation that your character does has to be a kick (sometimes when you do it the Boss will just punch them in the nuts instead)
2. The super-kick has to actually kill the alien. Most aliens die after 2 of them, so just kick an alien, wait for him to get back up, then do it again.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Cleretic posted:

Open world sandbox game, same as Saints Row, only with more Borderlands-ish enemy and player character design (only it's not really Borderlands either, I just don't have a good comparison). You pick a team of three heroes, and swap between them on the fly to handle different types of enemy or obstacle and such. They all play really differently, and you'd be switching around pretty rapidly, so it does look really fun.

They did a press thing about a month ago and afterwards played through the part of the game they showed on stream, so if you're curious I'd say check it out (this should start around when they start actually playing, if it doesn't jump to 21:36 or so).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t56Uf9zSPQk&t=1296s

Their stream guy's pretty good at the game, too, which is a nice change of pace from what I'm used to when we see preview footage of games.

Just for reference the stream guy playing the game is fellow goon ChipCheezum

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RandallODim posted:

Yeah, this is one of the things that still has me going 'eeeeeeeh' about the game. It feels like such a step back to lose co-op.

Yeah I'm not very hot on this game so far. I want to like it, but it feels like a big step back after 4 and GOH, so I'll just wait for a big discount.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Instant Sunrise posted:

There was a co-op LP of it years and years ago that I remember being really good. Of course, the only only part of it that I really remember was when they dropped a tugboat full of C4 on some people.

oh yeah lithuanian dad and the other dude whose name escapes me. they were funny dudes

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I'm going to wait until it bombs and then buy it for $20-30 later this year.

yeah this feels like a downgrade from SR4, I can't go back to regular old driving and shooting after having superpowers for a whole game

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

prefect posted:

Christmas is terrible, and Christmas-themed anything is also terrible. :colbert:

wow look at Mr. Scrooge over here

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Chipcheezum get in here and give us the juicy details

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RareAcumen posted:

Goddamn is that a harsh reaction for making one not-stellar game.

yeah I'd be totally willing to give Volition a 2nd chance but I guess that's why I don't work for Deep Silver

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I just hope it doesn't turn into a death spiral for them. Like they have less staff now, so Saint's Row V takes a dip in quality, then they get more layoffs, which means less manpower to work on SR6, etc. Until Volition is reduced to 5-6 people maintaining the Saint's Row Trading Card Game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
goddamn, even Mass Effect Andromeda had 6 months before doing their fire sales

• Locked thread