Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Yeah I'm unlocking stuff in weird order too. I think it's because I'm doing side missions more than the main story...I unlocked "unlimited sprint" before I unlocked "sprint uses less stamina".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

With the newest patch I lost the Merica gun, but wound up with several other extra guns that I didn't have yet, including the bounce gun and an alien machine gun, along with every version of the pistols, shotgun and rifle. Weird.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dr. Abysmal posted:

It wouldn't be hard to do, at least for the Inauguration Station stuff as that's all still actually in the game but was just never added to any store inventories so there's no way for the player to access it. If you know what the item ids are you can do it yourself on PC, I've been going through myself and doing it (I have a list at home and some people on IdolNinja's site have been listing missing items as well). Since a lot of the missing items are mundane things like hoodies I figured it was an oversight.

I do hope some of the SR3 things make a comeback too, I'm pretty sure I saw something on Idol's site that said they already had permission from Volition to port assets once the SDK is available. I looked at the SR3 wardrobe yesterday and a lot of little things like a proper shirt and tie were missing from SRIV.

I assume that's what happened with the Subterfuge trenchcoat? I need a proper trenchcoat for my Boss, and it's available in the Inauguration Station, but doesn't seem to be at any of the 3 types of clothing shops in the game. Is it possible to upload my character from the actual SR4 game and add the trenchcoat in the Inauguration Station, then download it back to the game? Or can I make a whole new character look, download it, and change the look of my guy in game without starting over again?

I've had all sorts of weird error messages uploading and downloading. :(

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The Deadly Hume posted:

Isn't the Subterfuge at Nobody Loves Me? (It may be amongst the suits for all I know)

Hmmm I guess I haven't been there yet, I know I've been to Planet Zin, Let's Pretend and Leather and Lace. Thought I saw all the shops...I'll check again. Thanks!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Starhawk64 posted:

Freeze Buff + the Light SMGs with the electric upgrade rapes Wardens. You can just stand there and stunlock them until the QTE prompt appears.

Hahahahah I just upgraded to this. Seriously, it's like cheat mode. The warden dropped down and never moved.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Okay, I'm on Asha's loyalty mission where she's driving around and I'm shooting bad guys (Training Day)...problem is, there are no longer and bad guys, and she's just driving around slow as hell, in random directions, away from the blue triangle.

Anyone have this bug out before? Or is just a long rear end mission?

edit* okay, after 15 minutes of Driving Simulator 2000 I reset the mission. Definitely bugged.

Medullah fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 3, 2013

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Weapon question - I've always used the Alien RPG because the ammo for the regular rocket launcher is so drat expensive. I just hit 50, and now can unlock unlimited ammo for everything - Is the standard rocket launcher better than the Alien RPG?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

Something I learned playing this, if you don't like the store hacking mini-game avoid doing it as much as possible because the difficulty goes up with each one you do. I did store hacking to build up my cash flow early until it started getting a little tough, then I started getting missions where I had to store hack and they were a lot harder than if I hadn't driven the difficulty up so much.

I thought most of them were pretty easy, but there were 2 or 3 that I ended up screen shotting and loading up in paint.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

OldTennisCourt posted:

Quick question: Is it possible to burn through all the side missions in one long go or does the game let you get to a certain point, the make you do some story missions, then let you go again?

It stops you at a certain point. That's how I've been playing - do all available side missions, move on to story mode, repeat.

This has made the game pretty much easy mode...I've been rank 50 for a bit and just finished the mission where you find out Keith David betrays you. The real world missions are simple with infinite ammo + fully upgraded SMGS that stun.

edit: D'oh /URL does not equal /SPOILER

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I don't know if it's the normal price, but since this is the first Saints Row game I played it made me want to go back and play 3 and maybe 2, bought them both off Amazon (Steam keys) for about $10.50...The 3rd full package is $7.50, shows regular price $49.99

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I, on the other hand, cna no longer imagine playing a game like this with a controller. I bought a Razr Naga mouse with the 1-12 buttons on the side, and that makes swapping weapons/powers trivial. :)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kakumei posted:

In my playthrough, I found running and general moving around (exploration, Blazin, platforming, etc) to be vastly easier on a 360 controller where my finger doesn't die from constantly holding down shift, while anything combat related was easier on the kb+m. I just switched back and forth between them depending on what I was doing, and the game didn't have any issues with that. Win-win.

Yep, I did that initially too until I rebound sprint to "0" which is button 10 on the lower left side of my Naga. :)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I still laugh every time I think of "ASHA! That light had a family!" and "Look, I'm getting paid good money to walk back and forth in this specific pattern every day"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

Question, what are most people playing SR4 on? PC or console? I have the PS3 special edition but was wondering if it wouldnt be better on PC...

I think the only real difference is PC will let you use mods, while console won't.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Okay I'm on Grand Finale and I'm beginning to get PISSED. I just got the power armor, and I'm falling down. Is there something I'm overlooking? It seems no matter what way I aim, I hit a wall almost immediately and die. I'm seriously on try number 30 and I can't even get past Kinzie talking to explain what I'm supposed to be doing

edit: Linking to the image since I guess it's a spoiler, but I can NOT get past the circled part. No matter what way I move, what button I press, I hit it...there has to be something I'm missing.

http://i.imgur.com/hj5PuFM.jpg

Medullah fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 14, 2013

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Finally got it done by swapping the keyboard and mouse for an Xbox controller and primarily using the right analog stick. Whew, I was close to destroying my computer.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

If I jump into my friend's game, can I help him with missions? Or can you only do group missions if you do the co-op campaign?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Zombie Samurai posted:

Saint's Row V needs to be their version of Red Dead Redemption.

I feel like I've been waiting my whole life to put ground effects and a spoiler on a horse.

I just pictured a horse with tiny legs - a low rider.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

New Leaf posted:

I just had a weird thing happen in the Nyte Blayde mission where you have to follow him in the car. After the first ambush, he kinda broke and started driving randomly around the city like any other car, completely obeying traffic rules. I just kept following and assumed it was an intentional glitch for whatever reason and assumed the Boss would say something about it being boring and just kept doing it for about 5 minutes. Then he glitched out again when he was supposed to fight us and he just stood there invincible.. Glad that poo poo is over.

Same thing happened to me on Asha's loyalty mission. It took me 20 minutes of slow, legal driving before I restarted the mission.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tiggum posted:

I just used Stomp for both of them. If you've upgraded it enough it works fine.

Same here. In fact, I pretty much used ice blast and stomp on all group battles. King of the Hill is simple - freeze group, stomp, wait for next, repeat.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I am having the hardest time getting Gold on the Julius fight club. It seems to take me way too long on the part where you have to kill 18 dudes. Is it best to just stand in one place and let them come to you? I know there are exploding barrels, but it still takes me forever to kill everyone. The first part is easy, the king of the hill is simple (just TK throw the dudes at each other), and the boss is simple (Can be insta-killed with shrink stomp then run over), but getting the 18 killed quick is just driving me nuts.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Looks like Steam added Achievements for Enter the Dominatrix, doesn't look like any huge spoilers except maybe Friend of the Raptors - Complete all five missions. Yay, Raptors!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So can you replay Enter the Dominatrix? Looks like I beat it, but the mission to start it is back in my mission log...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Yes, you can replay any of the missions, I assume because of missable achievements.

Sweet. Is there a mod out there that lets you replay old missions yet?

I really do love the style of this game...any other DLC that showed "rough sketches" of a fight with a giant cyclops and tried to pass it off as legit would infuriate me. Here it made me laugh at the ridiculousness "That was really awesome, too bad we couldn't afford to show it!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Saints Row 5 should be a fighting game, starring Keith David and Roddy Piper only, no life bars. You just keep fighting each other for hours and hours.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

All the Sports package is adding the "HE'S ON FIRE!" sound effect from NBA Jam when people get hit with fire blast.

......I'd still buy it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

I am anal-retentive about running out of ammunition, so I spend most of the game using head shots with pistols.

(Until I get the AR-55, when I go for head shots with an assault rifle.)

I was super careful with my ammunition too when I played the game...I primarily used the alien rocket launcher for it's infinite ammo. Then I began to realize I was barely using ammunition anyway, and most of my damage was being done by powers.

And I leveled up pretty quickly because I did all side missions first before progressing through the story...I think I was at level 50 with infinite ammo about halfway through the story.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

SheepNameKiller posted:

SMGs tend to become really good once they're fully upgraded, normally they suck at first.

The submachine gun that stuns is amazing for boss fights. Wardens are easy mode with Buff and SMG.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Young Freud posted:

Mine was David Keith's.

The dad from Firestarter?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Turn based RPG. Totally throw everyone for a loop.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Gynovore posted:

I must have missed that part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wjjQWADEPc

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Galaga Galaxian posted:

A crossbow crossed with shotgun? What has science done? :stare:

I laugh thinking of someone taking a shotgun blast straight on, and then a little tiny crossbow dart hits them, adding insult to injury.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

There's guns in the game? I just throw ice and fire and lightning at people.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

EngineerSean posted:

But... but the musical...

Which I'm pretty sure we've seen the full extent of already. :(

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Eh, I'll be happy if it's a slightly more expensive expansion to SR4 with similar gameplay. I'm easy to please.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So is this like SR4 where it's better to just spend some time in the beginning roaming the city gathering the macguffins to buy powers with because later on down the road bigger and badder monsters appear all the time?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Does upgrading the Shakespeare skull make it actually good? It seems like it's mostly useless, doesn't seem to damage anything other than husks at the early stages of the game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

poptart_fairy posted:

guys guys guys guys

Flight is so cool. :allears:

It took some getting used to but yeah, it's awesome. Was a huge pain when you hit a wall until I unlocked wall run then it became seamless.

Is it pretty much impossible to kill the notoriety level 6 big bad demon in the beginning? I unloaded all my powers and weapons and didn't see a scratch.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sir Unimaginative posted:

You need like two million bucks to max out your guns.

Are there any OP weapon upgrades? In SR4 the SMGs powered up with the stun bullets were like god mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So I just got the mission "The Wedding" - is that the beginning of the end? Should I go around doing the other miscellaneous stuff first?

• Locked thread