Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

BothSides posted:

My uncle's newest game is having another go on kickstarter; Give it to the King.

It's an easy to learn, simple to play, press your luck sort of game. It's a nice light filler game, or fun for a family game night. I am fairly disappointed they didn't include the resin figures as part of the base game any more - they are really cool! However, they are the first stretch goal, so they're still a possibility.

You can pick up the game for 28$ (shipping included (CAN/USA) now!)

What has actually changed since the last attempt? I saw some boilerplate about "We got lots of feedback and we took it to heart!" but that's about it. I'm not trying to call the project out or anything, I honestly don't remember the state of the game or KS campaign last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

BothSides posted:

My uncle's newest game is having another go on kickstarter; Give it to the King.

It's an easy to learn, simple to play, press your luck sort of game. It's a nice light filler game, or fun for a family game night. I am fairly disappointed they didn't include the resin figures as part of the base game any more - they are really cool! However, they are the first stretch goal, so they're still a possibility.

You can pick up the game for 28$ (shipping included (CAN/USA) now!)

A game about giving messages to a king and it didn't get named "Message for you sir." What a lost opportunity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SwNXQMoNps

BothSides
Jul 14, 2010

Bad Munki posted:

What has actually changed since the last attempt? I saw some boilerplate about "We got lots of feedback and we took it to heart!" but that's about it. I'm not trying to call the project out or anything, I honestly don't remember the state of the game or KS campaign last time.

I definitely hear you; I feel like they should have taken more time to run numbers, listen to the people, figure out some erm, better incentives (especially for the higher pledge levels, oy), and work on the overall presentation and advertising.

Notable changes are;

The Good:
-Pledge goal dropped from $23,000 to $9,500.
-Free shipping to Canada now! (It was 25$ to anywhere outside the US. Come on guys.)
-Text message contest removed.

The Bad:
-Resin figures are now a stretch goal and KickStarter exclusive
-$250 gets you get a guaranteed message plus one copy of the game.. there's a reason no one has pledged this amount.
-$500 gets you two copies of the game, one signed, that's it.

I think I got the main stuff, but: here's the old one.

Indolent Bastard posted:

A game about giving messages to a king and it didn't get named "Message for you sir." What a lost opportunity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SwNXQMoNps

Couldn't agree more.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Germ - I can't read. I'll be good with my total - the Space Orcs don't have an option B, so if I get two "A" and one "C", I'll be right on the $24 sweet spot. Thanks for offering to help out though.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

BattleCON: Devastation just released an unboxing video. That is a lot of goddamn stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok_6M0RpMsM

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oh sweet lord, I have a hard enough time keeping things straight on the last Indines game. That's loving nuts.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
And he said that doesn't include the bonus pack or the Strikers expansion.

I can't wait to get that package in the mail. I get so much loving joy out of opening a brand new game and unwrapping/punching out and organizing all the components.

Famicom Bunko
Jan 30, 2005
Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Daaaang, thanks for posting that! I've never heard of this game before, but I checked it out and pre-ordered it. Looks like it'll be fun.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Less than 24 hours to go for the Worldsmith Industries exploded vehicle markers. The alien bug tunneling markers have just been unlocked, and the Tecnocratic Mecha Federation and Chaotic Monster Spider Walker are on the horizon.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/48375726/worldsmith-industries-wrecked-vehicles-for-sci-fi

tasty food
Apr 29, 2010
I just pledged a little bit to for some transport wrecks, and I would totally love a casting tutorial or conversaion too! :allears:

Germ
May 7, 2013

Thanks a million, tasty! Consider a casting tutorial/video a done deal.

Technocratic Mecha Federation (not-Tau) and Chaotic Monster Spider Walker have been cleared! With 16 hours left, the last stretch goal is the Cyborgs of Anubis. As a Necron player, I've got to say ... the only thing that deserves to explode more than a Cyborg of Anubis Skimmer is a Space Elf Transport Tank (and that one's already been wrecked). Almost there! Thanks for your support, all!

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Backers of Evil Hat's Fate Dice campaign should be getting their dice any old time now. I got my Atomic Robo set in Chicago and they're great. They're in a really small package but they feel surprisingly heavy for all that. Great, great stuff as usual from the Hat.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Reminder for the last hour of Incursion!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1440310529/incursion

They have unlocked almost all goals, only two remaining and its looking like they will get unlocked as well, there is a full game demo video near the top. Its been out for a few years and its a great game, adding miniatures to the base set is a fantastic idea.

Germ
May 7, 2013

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/48375726/worldsmith-industries-wrecked-vehicles-for-sci-fi/posts

One last option (not a stretch goal) for backers before I go off to bed. Maggot Swarm Bases, purpose for showing your allegiance to Papa Nurgle.

And also, because GWAR is wonderful, Maggots Are Falling Like Rain.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Fix posted:

Oh sweet lord, I have a hard enough time keeping things straight on the last Indines game. That's loving nuts.

That's why the new game also includes a series of envelopes with the character art on them so you can keep each character's bits separate.

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013
Just hit the stretch goal for the card game for Deck of Legends. In 27 backers, the Cosmic Suit will be added to the decks and to the game. There is about 4 days left on it too. So excited that it's gone so well.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Hey everybody. So, my name is Jason, and I'm part of a team working on a new setting for Savage Worlds called Accursed. It's a gothic horror setting, and our elevator pitch goes that it's a game where Hellboy meets Solomon Kane. In the game you get to play classic movie-type monsters (mummies, werewolves, half-vampires, etc.) and fight witches and their minions.

My colleagues and I have worked on projects ranging from Palladium's Robotech RPG to the Warhammer 40K RPGs to Shadowrun to Star Wars: Edge of the Empire, so we kinda know what we're doing when it comes to making a game. We've got art by Alberto Bontempi and Sacha Diener, some killer graphic design by Kevin Childress, a good map, and all kinds of other goodies. You can find our website here, and our facebook page here.

We're kickstarting the project on September 13th, and I'll make another post about it when the time comes. So if you like what you see, please check out our kickstarter when it goes live. Here's a little art to whet your whistle.

Our Logo

The Map of Morden

Color Draft of The Horned King by Sacha Diener

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Jason, I posted here about your project when I heard your interviews on a couple of podcasts such as the D6G. I wasn't too interested at first(I'm more of a minis guy,) but after hearing you guys talk about the background, Accursed sounds like a pretty interesting concept and I look forward to hearing more about it. It's always when we can get someone actually involved with a KS to stop by and answer a few questions!

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

berzerkmonkey posted:

Jason, I posted here about your project when I heard your interviews on a couple of podcasts such as the D6G. I wasn't too interested at first(I'm more of a minis guy,) but after hearing you guys talk about the background, Accursed sounds like a pretty interesting concept and I look forward to hearing more about it. It's always when we can get someone actually involved with a KS to stop by and answer a few questions!

Oh, right on. Thanks, man. Where did you post about it, in the previous thread? As for answering questions, I'll answer everything I can about the game and about the kickstarter.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Yeah, previous thread - it was just a quick heads up about the project, as you guys didn't have a KS launch date or anything.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Ah, cool. I wondered where all the SA traffic on our website was coming from. Yeah, we decided on the 13th since it's the first Friday the 13th of 2013 and, hell, kickstarting a horror game on Friday the 13th is kinda rad.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Do you like C'thulhu and dice towers? Do you hate money? Well you're in luck!

They're pricey (starting at $60) but the quality seems to be there and there's a limited "budget" one at $35.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

moths posted:

Do you like C'thulhu and dice towers? Do you hate money? Well you're in luck!

They're pricey (starting at $60) but the quality seems to be there and there's a limited "budget" one at $35.

Pricey and (to my mind) really, really small for $60. Note the soda can for size comparison.

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013

homullus posted:

Pricey and (to my mind) really, really small for $60. Note the soda can for size comparison.

I agree with you there. They are small and pricey.

Though I did see a cool dice tower earlier that someone had made with all their dungeons and dragons dungeon tiles.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thedandmom/deck-of-legends

Deck of Legends is only 16 backers away from unlocking the Cosmic Suit stretch goal.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
My Fate Dice came in the mail today! Very nice. Very, very nice.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

dwarf74 posted:

My Fate Dice came in the mail today! Very nice. Very, very nice.

Yeah, I got mine too, I'm very impressed. The iridescent ones are really attractive. I don't know if I like them better than my Chessex Borealis dice, but they're really pretty.

King's Forge has a few hours left and I think they're out of stuff to upgrade. They just reached tuckboxes for all of the dice and cards, so now they have all of the dice being different styles, an optional gameboard, an expansion of new items and gather cards, and tons of other quality-of-life improvements. It IS still Game Salute, which I know sucks for a lot of folks, but this game looks pretty fun from the review videos I've seen and the art is shaping up to be pretty slick.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Echophonic posted:

It IS still Game Salute, which I know sucks for a lot of folks,
Why would this be?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I got my first two sets of Fate Dice in on Saturday (got Core and Winter Knight). Haven't had a chance to use them yet, but they are attractive.

Looking forward to the wave 2 sets though!

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

berzerkmonkey posted:

Why would this be?

Some of their kickstarters don't ship internationally, but that doesn't seem to be the case with this project.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1015340/game-salute-and-kickstarter

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
My copy of channel A finally made the second leg of its journey and into my grubby little paws!

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/danshapiro/robot-turtles-the-board-game-for-little-programmer

Here's a pretty fun little game that raised 200% of its goal in its first day ($51,000+ of $25,000 goal).

The game is Robot Turtles, and it's a very basic game with simple rules and a solid concept that's meant to teach very fundamental programming concepts for 3-8 year olds. Since my kids are within that age range, it was perfect for me.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

berzerkmonkey posted:

Why would this be?

It was mostly a heads up for non-US posters. Like Sefer said, they either don't ship internationally or it costs an arm and a leg. This one's 35 (almost the cost of the game) bucks to ship to Europe. I just wanted to flag it out since I've seen a few folks saying they don't even look if they see Game Salute.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

-Fish- posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thedandmom/deck-of-legends

Deck of Legends is only 16 backers away from unlocking the Cosmic Suit stretch goal.
And I just put it over the top! Woohoo!

I'm still curious how big the "mini posters" will be

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Zero_Grade posted:

I'm trying to convince her to print them on fruit rollups. Also thanks for putting us over the top! I'm really excited about this suit. You should be seeing a preview of one of the location cards, The Ghost Planet, up soon.

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013

Zero_Grade posted:

The rumors of fruit rollup posters have been greatly exaggerated. Mini posters are 8.5"x11", so it won't be hard to find frames for it or anything.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/danshapiro/robot-turtles-the-board-game-for-little-programmer

Here's a pretty fun little game that raised 200% of its goal in its first day ($51,000+ of $25,000 goal).

The game is Robot Turtles, and it's a very basic game with simple rules and a solid concept that's meant to teach very fundamental programming concepts for 3-8 year olds. Since my kids are within that age range, it was perfect for me.

drat it - that would be perfect for my nephew if he was about 4 years younger.

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

quote:

drat it - that would be perfect for my nephew if he was about 4 years younger.

I was really tempted to order one of these (my kids are just the right ages), but it's $60 to get the game to Canada. At $30 I think it works, but the shipping is really messing up these small project Kickstarters outside the US.

At $60, it's hard to ignore the alternatives (eg. toy/chess board/pencil, or one of the very similar games on a computer/tablet).

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Awesome, just pledged for a 10 pack, one for us, and the rest will go to my children's school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

LumberingTroll posted:

Awesome, just pledged for a 10 pack, one for us, and the rest will go to my children's school.

I can't believe it's raised another $40k in less than a day. I'm happy to see this one taking off.

• Locked thread