Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
This only has 10 days left to go and it is RAD AS gently caress and I didn't see it in the thread yet

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2023606288/bake-your-own-basius-base-pads-for-wargames-and-mi?ref=category

They're bigass base mold negatives. Each mold is 6 inches in diameter so you have a huge range of sizes you could choose from, it works for any base, and they actually have a pretty good variety of styles. You just put greenstuff in your base and press it in anywhere, so you pretty much never get the same base twice, but they all look coherent in an army.

Here's some examples:

I have no connection to this other than as a backer, I just really thought a lot of people would like this.

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Those are brilliant, and if I weren't in the US I'd be all over it.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

signalnoise posted:

This only has 10 days left to go and it is RAD AS gently caress and I didn't see it in the thread yet

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2023606288/bake-your-own-basius-base-pads-for-wargames-and-mi?ref=category

Ive backed this one already as well, I wish they had a generic sci-fi one though, the closes is the Neo's lobby one, gently caress the space elf one (I dislike Warhammer)

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

moths posted:

Those are brilliant, and if I weren't in the US I'd be all over it.

Same. I really like that Dice of Destiny base set.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Moths, you might want to look into Happy Seppuku. Their Kickstarter's over, but the stamps from that should be in their online store in November.

I may or may not do a comparison between the two to see if Basius has any roles that fill gaps in the Happy Seppuku line.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
The shipping isn't too horrible, on the biggest tier, its only 20gbp extra for shipping. Id say that's reasonable considering its what, 10 6" molds?

and according to their prices you also save 90 brit-bux.

JackMann posted:

Moths, you might want to look into Happy Seppuku. Their Kickstarter's over, but the stamps from that should be in their online store in November.

I may or may not do a comparison between the two to see if Basius has any roles that fill gaps in the Happy Seppuku line.

I backed them too :D

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

LumberingTroll posted:

The shipping isn't too horrible, on the biggest tier, its only 20gbp extra for shipping. Id say that's reasonable considering its what, 10 6" molds?

I did a little napkin math on it and, if you were going to use resin bases instead (I was) they're the same cost after about 100 presses, shipping to the US included. Considering that's pricing against resin, I think that's ok. Of course, I'm pretty much their exact target audience, because I dislike making my own bases.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The stampers looked cool but I think the textured bowl would give much more diverse and effective results. That and the Happy Seppuku ones look kind of amateur hour next to the Wargames Bakery ones. It could just be the paintjobs, though.

There are only two that I'd be into, but gently caress if I'm paying twice as much as I would to get them in the UK. For that kind of money I can nine Woodlands Scenics rubber molds. But none of my figures get to stand on the pirate ship.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Hell yea I'm totally getting the ship deck one. How can you not???

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
drat, that dice one is amazing. I want to base everything with that.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot
Deck of Legends is so close to being poker sized! I might be able to actually use it!

This seems neat:
Belle of the Ball

Has anyone tried their previous games?

Bobo the Red fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Sep 5, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man. I would pay like $200, maybe $250 for a full set of those basing mold things, but 200 pounds for only ten of them? That's too much for me, as awesome as they are.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Pledged for 2. Wanted to pledge for 3 but there is no such option.

There are more scifi bases coming apparently, hopefully something I can use for my enormous number of deadzone guys.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

JackMann posted:

I wish they had larger hex-tiles. :sigh:

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

signalnoise posted:

Those are awesome, but the outside the UK, the cost is pretty insane. Hopefully some US retailers will pick these up after the KS. I'd love to pick up a few for Mordheim.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That's what I'm hoping for. Someone like Architects of War or Brookhurst could possibly import them, and the shipping wouldn't cost as much as the mold itself.

That pirate ship deck is fantastic, and so is the cracked road.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Does anyone know if they are sending out the Numenera print books in waves? A quick search of my inbox updates didn't yield an answer one way or the other, and I've been slowing seeing others here (and elsewhere) get theirs. I'm supposed to be getting one too but haven't heard anything on the print copy yet. :ohdear:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The first supplement for Part-Time Gods is being Kickstarted: Divine Instruments will have expanded rules for Worshipers, Territories, and Followers.

I did a review of the corebook for the last F&F thread; it's a little on the crunch side but does "Scion" better than Scion did.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Iris of Ether posted:

Does anyone know if they are sending out the Numenera print books in waves? A quick search of my inbox updates didn't yield an answer one way or the other, and I've been slowing seeing others here (and elsewhere) get theirs. I'm supposed to be getting one too but haven't heard anything on the print copy yet. :ohdear:

They've been shipping since mid-august, I've had my copy for a while now. If you're not in the US it might take longer for you to get one, I guess? They're using a fulfillment company and all the books were supposed to be ready to go. I'd send an e-mail.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
The Best drat Metal Gaming Coins Ever! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cqgames/the-best-drat-metal-gaming-coins-ever Kickstarter is coming to a close. At around 40 cents per coin these aren't bad, but I'm not certain about the design, the Athena and the Alexander coins look positively derpy to me, and I'm not sure about the finish as the smaller coins look tarnished and lovely while the bigger ones are super shiny.

Thoughts?

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Indolent Bastard posted:

The Best drat Metal Gaming Coins Ever! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cqgames/the-best-drat-metal-gaming-coins-ever Kickstarter is coming to a close. At around 40 cents per coin these aren't bad, but I'm not certain about the design, the Athena and the Alexander coins look positively derpy to me, and I'm not sure about the finish as the smaller coins look tarnished and lovely while the bigger ones are super shiny.

Thoughts?

Ancient coins really looked like that, unfortunately.

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

quote:

The Best drat Metal Gaming Coins Ever! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ming-coins-ever Kickstarter is coming to a close.... Thoughts?

I don't know if it's their process or their artist, but the coins just aren't satisfying. A real Owl tetradrachm looks like this (despite being well over 2000 years old and pretty much being made by a dude with a hammer):

That's just tremendously more satisfying than this sterile Chuck-E-Cheese token they're selling:

I own real examples of a lot of the coins they've done; I also own a lot of modern "replica" type coins that are much more satisfying. The best modern-faux-ancient coins I've seen are from Shirepost, who have a process that can do high relief (and who sometimes get great art work, like on this Westeros coin):

However, Shirepost's own coin Kickstarter (which has ended now) was kind of a mixed bag:

Parts of that are frickin' beautiful (the dragon, the material, the process), but the overall item isn't terribly satisfying (the obverse is kind of phoned in). Anyway, I'd love to see a gaming-coin KS that was done well. There's been a good few attempts, but nobody seems to be able to get the right art, process, and materials together.

(I'll also note that there are other people doing "replica" coins that are super-great - like here, but their problem is always just volume; people usually only want one of a replica coin, so the volumes are too small for gaming - the prices are much too high).

jmzero fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Sep 5, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

jmzero posted:

I don't know if it's their process or their artist, but the coins just aren't satisfying. A real Owl tetradrachm looks like this (despite being well over 2000 years old and pretty much being made by a dude with a hammer):

That's just tremendously more satisfying than this sterile Chuck-E-Cheese token they're selling:

I own real examples of a lot of the coins they've done; I also own a lot of modern "replica" type coins that are much more satisfying. The best modern-faux-ancient coins I've seen are from Shirepost, who have a process that can do high relief (and who sometimes get great art work, like on this Westeros coin):

However, Shirepost's own coin Kickstarter (which has ended now) was kind of a mixed bag:

Parts of that are frickin' beautiful (the dragon, the material, the process), but the overall item isn't terribly satisfying (the obverse is kind of phoned in). Anyway, I'd love to see a gaming-coin KS that was done well. There's been a good few attempts, but nobody seems to be able to get the right art, process, and materials together.

(I'll also note that there are other people doing "replica" coins that are super-great - like here, but their problem is always just volume; people usually only want one of a replica coin, so the volumes are too small for gaming - the prices are much too high).

I agree with all your points. I think it is indeed the "sterile Chuck-E-Cheese token" aspect that is putting me off.

Though for bulk replicas I have found these which aren't bad for about 60 cents each

http://www.artsinhistory.com/index.aspx?pageid=1086851&chainID=116895&txtQuickSearch=roman+mixed

http://www.artsinhistory.com/index.aspx?pageid=1086851&chainID=116895&txtQuickSearch=viking+penny

http://www.artsinhistory.com/index.aspx?pageid=1086851&chainID=116895&txtQuickSearch=medieval+coins

Unfortunately I still can't make myself spend $100 on stuff I don't really need to play the game(s).

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Indolent Bastard posted:

Unfortunately I still can't make myself spend $100 on stuff I don't really need to play the game(s).
I was listening to the D6Generation, and they picked up some replica coins for their games of Spartacus which sounds like a pretty cool idea. Cost is kind of prohibitive though.

Has anyone seen this yet: Smash Monster Rampage.

Looks pretty neat, though the card components make me sad - but I think that's just me being used to so much plastic in games anymore. $35 isn't a bad buy-in for a 2-5 player base game, but I'm a little turned off by the fact that that some of the add-ins should probably be stretch goals instead (units and weapons.) $10 is a little much for a few paper tokens. Also, you don't get the stretch goal additional monsters unless you pledge at the $100 level. Well, that's not precisely true - you can get the base game and one expansion for $60, which puts a price point of $25 on an expansion which is kind of crazy.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Swagger Dagger posted:

They've been shipping since mid-august, I've had my copy for a while now. If you're not in the US it might take longer for you to get one, I guess? They're using a fulfillment company and all the books were supposed to be ready to go. I'd send an e-mail.

I'm in the US and am even practically living in Trad Game Central, from what I can tell. :ohdear: I'll go send that email, thanks.

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013
Deck of Legends just broke $10k and achieved the Poker Sized deck option. There are less than 24 hours remaining at this point and we're still a bit far off from the adventures compatible with 13th Age.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thedandmom/deck-of-legends

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Just saw the email and came here to celebrate. Woo!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Not to double post but that update you just sent out was SUPER helpful and made it extremely clear what each reward was and how to get various decks. Thanks!

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

Thedandmom posted:

Deck of Legends just broke $10k and achieved the Poker Sized deck option. There are less than 24 hours remaining at this point and we're still a bit far off from the adventures compatible with 13th Age.

The one thing that's kinda weird is that the add-ons are cheaper than the tiers that include them. Like, I'm in at 40, so I get 2 decks, 2 buttons, and 2 bookmarks... except using add-ons (ie making things MORE complicated for us both), I could switch to 30, and with the extra 10 bucks I could get ALL the buttons and 10 bookmarks. Or even get a mini-poster, which required a 20 dollar jump before. You've basically made it so, in terms of rewards, there's no reason to remain at 40 or 60.

Edit: I didn't want to comment on the actual Kickstarter because I did not want to lose you money.

Bobo the Red fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 6, 2013

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

jmzero posted:

Since when is the image of a traitorous loving Blackfyre on the golden dragon?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Thedandmom posted:

The Story Deck booklet is still at $20 yes?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Thedandmom posted:

So to be clear if we pledged for just one deck, when surveys come out we can chose poker sized right?

If so your stuff will most likely replace my normal RPG card deck (which is just a normal card deck) for games that use them like Deadlands.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Since the story deck is the same as the regular deck but with names instead of cards and suits it should work just as well with the story creation booklet, correct?

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Iris of Ether posted:

I'm in the US and am even practically living in Trad Game Central, from what I can tell. :ohdear: I'll go send that email, thanks.

It turns out that that was just the magic spell needed to cause my book to arrive unannounced in my mailbox today. :v:

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So to be clear if we pledged for just one deck, when surveys come out we can chose poker sized right?

If so your stuff will most likely replace my normal RPG card deck (which is just a normal card deck) for games that use them like Deadlands.

Yes, you can just get the poker sized deck.

GrandpaPants posted:

The Story Deck booklet is still at $20 yes?

Yes, there are some errors with this. The column for the booklet isn't supposed to say pdf, everyone will get a pdf version. I may include the deck of many legends in the print booklet.

Bobo the Red posted:

The one thing that's kinda weird is that the add-ons are cheaper than the tiers that include them. Like, I'm in at 40, so I get 2 decks, 2 buttons, and 2 bookmarks... except using add-ons (ie making things MORE complicated for us both), I could switch to 30, and with the extra 10 bucks I could get ALL the buttons and 10 bookmarks. Or even get a mini-poster, which required a 20 dollar jump before. You've basically made it so, in terms of rewards, there's no reason to remain at 40 or 60.

Edit: I didn't want to comment on the actual Kickstarter because I did not want to lose you money.

I relooked at the math for all the printing costs and I had a bit of elbow room with how much we brought in. And I don't have anyone decreasing their pledges really so it shouldn't be a problem.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Is there a way to get the dice bag without going for the $75 level? I'm at the $150 level, so I don't really want to switch tiers...

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013

JackMann posted:

Is there a way to get the dice bag without going for the $75 level? I'm at the $150 level, so I don't really want to switch tiers...

All of the dice bags haven't even been produced yet and I will have as many made as needed (which right now is looking like less than the 25). They really aren't all that expensive to produce so I may put them as an add on instead. Only the backers at $75 though would get the surprise inside though.

Edit:
Thank you everyone who backed! I really appreciate your support and your patience when things were a bit confusing.

Thedandmom fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 6, 2013

XTOwl
Aug 22, 2013
Ron Edwards is doing another Kickstarter for an app to play fancy internet versions of thirties era sword & sorcery. L'il something something for all us swine:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/847190685/s-lay-w-me-play-app-revolution

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Just received the tracking information for my Fate dice shipment.

Got my Fate dice four days ago.

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Plague of Hats posted:

Just received the tracking information for my Fate dice shipment.

Got my Fate dice four days ago.

:v:

Same thing happened to me, got the tracking three days after the dice themselves.

The dice own, by the way. I'm not sure that I had considered that three styles of dice was 36 dice total, but I'm not complaining.

• Locked thread