Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Those who backed Golden Sky Stories might want to check their emails, they're giving out coupon codes to download the final game for free from Drivethrurpg.com.

Edit: I guess while we're on the subject, since this game is probably going to be played most online, have this form fillable character sheet. Here

Edit Edit: Also check Kickstarter for a link to a revised copy of the backer only material.

Covok fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Sep 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013

quote:

<--click me
Stab City! is a role playing game about deadly assassins and murderous foes. It is a story game, designed to create "Michael Baysian Anime Magical Realism" adventures, which is a thing that did not exist until Stab City! came along. It's a game about secretive cabals and mysterious organizations battling in the shadows, a world of gritty intrigue, cigarette stubs and dark, rainy nights. It is also a game about ninjas, supervillains and massive special effects budgets. It is one part grindhouse crime story, one part high budget summer action movie, and several parts weird. Stab City! finally answers important questions that people want to know. What would have happened if Haruki Murakami had directed Fast And Furious 6? What would Robert Rodriguez's film adaptation of No More Heroes have looked like? How about Zak Snyder's gritty reboot of The Venture Brothers? Or Hideo Kojima's Saints Row: The Third?

I've actually played a playtest of the combat of this and it was crazy fun. You use playing cards instead of dice for combat and skill challenges. He's only looking for $4k, but he has stretch goals for a Stab City! themed deck to go along with the game, and Old School Hack, and some extra Episodes for the game.

Thedandmom fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Sep 7, 2013

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

So, we're a week off from launching the Accursed kickstarter and we've been teasing some of our artwork on our facebook page. These are the character pieces done by Alberto Bontempi.

The Revenant. Living dead on a mission, driven by a desire for revenge or the need to finish a job left undone.

The Vargr. Half man, half wolf, driven by an insatiable hunger.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Well, crap. Didn't want to get into a new RPG, but that artwork looks really cool. It's hard for me to say no to a horror theme. Looking forward for this to come out. Can you give us a preview of pledge levels?

Got Zombicide Season 2 in the mail a couple of days ago, without ever getting a tracking notice. Novel experience, that. I really like the look of it. Got one game in, and between the new skills, the starting characters, and the variety of switches, doors, barbed wire, observation towers, and the like, it seems worlds more interesting than the first season (which was still good beer and pretzels fun). Lots of interesting puzzles and tactical possibilities. The sculpts are tons better than the old ones, as well. My one conundrum is what to do with the "bonus" survivors. They look cool, but I know that selling them on eBay in 4 or 5 months could pay for the whole game. I'm thinking about downloading character cards and picking up the Wargames Factory apocalypse survivors to add some variety back into the survivors.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Germ posted:

Well, crap. Didn't want to get into a new RPG, but that artwork looks really cool. It's hard for me to say no to a horror theme. Looking forward for this to come out. Can you give us a preview of pledge levels?

Well, if you're really interested, you can check out the preview page of our kickstarter here. There's still a week to go, so everything is subject to change, but you get the idea.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Germ posted:

Got Zombicide Season 2 in the mail a couple of days ago, without ever getting a tracking notice.
Interesting - I got a notification that they were packing and starting shipping last week, but haven't heard anything since. Of course, when I got Guilds of Cadwallon, my box arrived three weeks before my shipping notification did... Got my fingers crossed to get my set soon.

And as for the survivors going for big bucks on Ebay, I think you won't see the Season One prices this time around. A lot more people who spent a hell of a lot more money participated in the KS, so you're going to be having people 1) who got their own models; and 2) bought extras to sell in the hopes of making big bank.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 8, 2013

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
What's the policy on suggesting group buys around here for kickstarter stuff? I would like to save on these Basius pads and they sell 2 for 60 pounds but 10 for 200, which is just a ridiculous difference. I want 2 or 3, and if I could get some other people to go in with me I would get 10 and ship them out to people in the US. Cause the markup for shipping to the US is a bit nuts.

edit: posted in the general painting/modelling thread with winson's approval

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Sep 8, 2013

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

So, we're a week off from launching the Accursed kickstarter and we've been teasing some of our artwork on our facebook page. These are the character pieces done by Alberto Bontempi.
I'm interested, but I'm worried the requirement for the Horror companion might limit the audience. I have it, but I didn't think it was hugely popular.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

signalnoise posted:

What's the policy on suggesting group buys around here for kickstarter stuff? I would like to save on these Basius pads and they sell 2 for 60 pounds but 10 for 200, which is just a ridiculous difference. I want 2 or 3, and if I could get some other people to go in with me I would get 10 and ship them out to people in the US. Cause the markup for shipping to the US is a bit nuts.

edit: posted in the general painting/modelling thread with winson's approval

You could just bump up to the 4 pad level - you're only saving $4 per pad by going to the 10 pad level, and anyone you share the deal with is going to have to pay at least $5 shipping, so unfortunately, they won't be saving a whole lot.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

berzerkmonkey posted:

You could just bump up to the 4 pad level - you're only saving $4 per pad by going to the 10 pad level, and anyone you share the deal with is going to have to pay at least $5 shipping, so unfortunately, they won't be saving a whole lot.

Going from 2 pads to 10 pads saves 10 pounds per pad which is like 15 dollars per pad man.

Anyways I got permission to advertise this a little bit from Winson, so please, if you are interested in this kickstarter and want to split a 10-pack bringing the cost down to 20 pounds per pad + shipping from Atlanta, give me a PM and I can get it sorted out.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

signalnoise posted:

Going from 2 pads to 10 pads saves 10 pounds per pad which is like 15 dollars per pad man.

Yes, if everyone got two pads, you'd save about $30. But I was talking about the price difference between 4 and 10 pads, not 2 and 10 pads (because you mentioned wanting 2 or 3.)

VV I was just saying that you might as well go for four of them if you wanted three.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 8, 2013

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

edit: this thread doesn't need a slapfight

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 8, 2013

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

I'm interested, but I'm worried the requirement for the Horror companion might limit the audience. I have it, but I didn't think it was hugely popular.

The requirement for Horror Companion was a choice made by Pinnacle. Pinnacle is really, really generous with their license, and has given us both a lot of leeway and a lot of advice/encouragement, so when they suggested that we require the Horror Companion, we really couldn't say no.

Sarx
May 27, 2007

The Marksman

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

The requirement for Horror Companion was a choice made by Pinnacle. Pinnacle is really, really generous with their license, and has given us both a lot of leeway and a lot of advice/encouragement, so when they suggested that we require the Horror Companion, we really couldn't say no.

I work in a game store and I'm constantly ordering the "Companion" books, and the Supers one seems to be out with all my distributors so I think that enough people have it that it shouldn't affect you too badly.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Sarx posted:

I work in a game store and I'm constantly ordering the "Companion" books, and the Supers one seems to be out with all my distributors so I think that enough people have it that it shouldn't affect you too badly.

True enough. They're small and cheap enough that people either have them or can get them with not too much trouble. In other news, new teaser picture dropped. Today, it's MUMMIES!

Germ
May 7, 2013

dwarf74 posted:

Ahh ... hadn't realized that it wasn't an all-inclusive book.

Do folks have any experience with DriveThruRPG's print-on-demand service? How's the print quality? How do they hold up?

Cheneybeast
Dec 19, 2012

Thedandmom posted:

I've actually played a playtest of the combat of this and it was crazy fun. You use playing cards instead of dice for combat and skill challenges. He's only looking for $4k, but he has stretch goals for a Stab City! themed deck to go along with the game, and Old School Hack, and some extra Episodes for the game.

^^^
Hey, I'm the guy who made this. Stab City! is a poker card based tactical skirmish story games about weird assassins and weirder targets. It is kind of like that movie The Expendables, except starring Travis Touchdown, Snake Eyes, Bayonetta and Inspector Gadget (all of his gadgets kill people in version, though) and also you are fighting cyborg Kim Jung Un. Rules preview on the Kickstarter.

Oh hey look tactical combat

You can be this guy and punch a man in half

We're already at 75% by day 3, and at this rate we're likely to fund soon and start unlocking stretch goals like an Old School Hack hack with ENnie award winner Kirin Robinson. Anyway, I can answer questions or whatever, let me know!

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Germ posted:

Ahh ... hadn't realized that it wasn't an all-inclusive book.

Do folks have any experience with DriveThruRPG's print-on-demand service? How's the print quality? How do they hold up?

I just received my hardcover copy of Sense of the Sleight of Hand Man, which is POD through them. Pretty nice, sturdy cover, seems like a robust binding. Paper's nothing special, maybe a little lightweight. No idea how it'll hold up since I just got it yesterday.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
New Bake your own base molds are available, im pretty happy with this addition.

Now if they just had a clean sci-fi city one, it would be perfect.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
No Man's Land is looking pretty Kreig-tastic. drat it, now I have to make a decision. I hope Aboard the Betty won't make good Necromunda bases. :ohdear:

Please let Aboard the Betty make good Necromunda bases.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
They also just confirmed to me that they are adding a Cobblestone Medieval City, and a Clean Sci-Fi city. cant. wait.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Welp I think I might be out some money some time this week...

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

LumberingTroll posted:

They also just confirmed to me that they are adding a Cobblestone Medieval City, and a Clean Sci-Fi city. cant. wait.
drat it.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Cheneybeast posted:

We're already at 75% by day 3, and at this rate we're likely to fund soon and start unlocking stretch goals like an Old School Hack hack with ENnie award winner Kirin Robinson. Anyway, I can answer questions or whatever, let me know!
Holy poo poo this looks great. I'm in for a physical copy.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Right, pulling some money out of other projects for Basius.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Cheneybeast posted:

I basically auto-backed this when I first saw it yesterday, then told my friends about it and a couple of them might be backing too! This looks really awesome so far.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Just putting it out there again, I have 3 people currently interested in splitting a 10 pack of Basius pads, PM me if you want less than 5 pads and want to save a few dollars.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I have finally felt the pain of international kickstarter backers. Signalnoise, if you wish keep me on some sort of standby list and I will fill a gap for a mold or two if you need one. I am trying not to spend money on that kickstarter but if the excuse is great enough I will submit.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

nesbit37 posted:

I have finally felt the pain of international kickstarter backers. Signalnoise, if you wish keep me on some sort of standby list and I will fill a gap for a mold or two if you need one. I am trying not to spend money on that kickstarter but if the excuse is great enough I will submit.

Just let me know if you can commit by the end of the week.

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013

With the kickstarter over, I've begun working on getting illustrations done for the cards. Here is a sample of the Cosmic suit. This is the Star Graveyard. All the cosmic cards will have a bit of a spacey sci fi feel to them while keeping the the fantasy.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

signalnoise posted:

Just putting it out there again, I have 3 people currently interested in splitting a 10 pack of Basius pads, PM me if you want less than 5 pads and want to save a few dollars.

These things are really awesome, but I even at the group rate, I can't justify buying them. :(

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Thedandmom posted:

With the kickstarter over, I've begun working on getting illustrations done for the cards. Here is a sample of the Cosmic suit. This is the Star Graveyard. All the cosmic cards will have a bit of a spacey sci fi feel to them while keeping the the fantasy.

Looks awesome! So glad I backed.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

JackMann posted:

Looks awesome! So glad I backed.
Yes, this 100%.

I'm so very looking forward to getting my deck.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

dwarf74 posted:

Yes, this 100%.

I'm so very looking forward to getting my deck.

Seconded, thirded, whatever'd. I'm stoked that it hit all the stretch goals I was looking forward to (the star suit, creative commons, the poker deck) as well.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Well! Got a bunch of my KS stuff just last week!

Deadlands: Noir, Deadlands: Hell on Earth, Numanera, New Fire, and the chibi-minuatures KS (the one that started with the Not D&D Cartoon Characters Really).

... Now I just need to get the time to sit down and read them. Except for NEw Fire, because I already read the PDF in its entirely.

... God I need a break from KS, but it keeps pulling me baaaaack :(

Cheneybeast
Dec 19, 2012

Spincut posted:

I basically auto-backed this when I first saw it yesterday, then told my friends about it and a couple of them might be backing too! This looks really awesome so far.

Oh shucks, thanks guys. I'm pretty excited too.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Keep your eyes and ears open as War of the Dimensions develops into a gaming powerhouse.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature
People should back Grim World! The materials they've got already both for DW and FATE are really neat, and they've just announced some interesting stretch goals. In particular I really want to see what that new class looks like and what sort of twisted thing comes out of that experimental hack.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Keep your eyes and ears open as War of the Dimensions develops into a gaming powerhouse.
I was going to say "Lay off - it's a kid doing this project." Then I saw:

quote:

I work full-time to support my wife and child.
Also:

quote:

Unfortunately their was a set back with the game. The illustration designer was fired today and took all the images with her. I am currently looking into a new artist and will work with what i have for now. Thank you for support.
Spelling and grammar unchanged.

Sigh.

For a real project, Road/Kill is back with a better looking KS and painted models. Looks to be on the scale of Car Wars. Little pricey though for a starter with models.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Sep 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Just got my Stainless Steel dice today, and WOW are they heavy as hell. Package of 4 came in at just under a pound...for 4 d6's.

On a side note it came from the sending address of "Cybernetic Research Laboratories" in Arizona, glad the post office didn't flag it.

• Locked thread